How old is socially acceptable for adult males to think a girl is hot

I'm in my twenties...

One of the off-shoots to this thread is "Some young girls look older than they really are". What I mean is.... I workout at an LA Fitness. When a girl comes into the gym to workout, she's in workout clothes (sometimes revealing, like a sports bra + middriff showing and tight pants, or sometimes not revealing, like a baggy t-shirt and shorts).....well, the point is, it's hard to figure out how old a girl is sometimes.

So there's been an instance where there was a girl at my gym that I thought was totally hot. However, one day I was on the elliptical machine and two girls next to me on separate elliptical machines started talking about the hot girl....and I overhead that she's only 16. Needless to say I never looked at her the same way again.

Also, guys at the gym definitely look at her, and some of the guys are older than me. And there's other high school girls that guys stare at when they pass them in the gym. I notice it all the time.

BUT... the point is sometimes it's hard to tell how old a girl is. A 16 yr old girl can sometimes look 18-19 years old.

So is it wrong to find a young girl attractive? I dont think so. Every government has deemed an age (US is 18 but I think England is 16) a legal age, due to concerns with youth being manipulated by old horny dudes.

But keep in mind...I'm coming from a liberal perspective, and you have to realize that back in caveman days, or just a savage society in general, once a girl is of "baby-bearing" age, cavemen would probably act on it.

I think there's a natural instinct present, but because we lived in a civilized society we've seen the consequences of youth being corrupted so now we've set boundaries. But I still think there's a pre-civilized, caveman, natural instinct, whatever you want to call it, that attracts a man to fully developed, "adult looking" woman...and like that girl at my gym, I thought she was 19, she totally looked like a college girl.

But I was wrong. She was not. Should I feel guilty? No, I don't. But I also stopped looking at her cause her young age makes me see her differently.

She's no longer a "hot chick" to me....she's just a little kid.

I think the problem with younger girls is that they are too vulnerable to manipulation by older men, them being impressionable is what makes it wrong.
There is something wrong with a twenty something guy trying to get with a 15 year old, not just because of the legality, but because the guy is obviously displaying that he has no game with a girl in his age range.
Here in Quebec, I'm pretty sure an 18 year old can get with a 14 year old if there is consent all the way.
But its a weak way to get laid.
I don't feel there is anything wrong with finding a young girl attractive, its just all in where you take it. Some girls these days skank themselves up and look much older and experienced then they are.

Id have to agree

Me too.

Finding someone attractive is one thing, acting on it is another. "Hot" has a sexual implication to it. "Cute," is benign. A puppy is cute.

If you're 25 and the girl is 17, leave it alone. But if you're 35 and she's 27, go for it. Same number of years, but a world of difference.

A good rule of thumb is "if there's grass on the field, play ball" :o

18 is the legal age.

the end.

Maybe in your state.

I hail from the theatre scene, and we theatre people are a strange bunch, so I tend to draw the line at 15 or 16, in terms of "Is it ok to recognize this person as a sexual being on any level?". Any younger than that...and it's up to your discretion (and tastes, I suppose). I think it's ok to provide such "beings" with "tasteful compliments" devoid of terms like "I'd hit that" and "You lookin' fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine".

It's pretty much "common knowledge" that a woman is in her physical prime somewhere between 16-22, so naturally there are going to be attractive girls in that age range who have noticeable "attributes". We've all seen preteen girls dressed like they were in their mid twenties and looking for something they shouldn't be looking for, but that tends to just frighten me and make me question the breakdown of society and so forth. Girls under 18 or 19 tend to just annoy the heck out of me anyway. I've always felt that "hot" is just another, slang-like word for "attractive". You can recognize that a girl is attractive, and I don't think that's socially unacceptable. Just don't flirt with her or try to start anything (unless that's your thing, I guess). And that's not even because of the age factor, it's because of the lack of maturity most girls have until they're about 27.

What if the age difference is guy:20 girl: 17 or better yet guy 19 and girl: 17

Personally, I think that's okay. It really depends on the individuals, but if they are both reasonably mature, it should be okay.

That's the age difference with my girlfriend and I. It was like when we first started going out...I was 19 and she was 17 but now I'm 20 and she's turning 18. It's weird because people kind of said weird things here and there like "oh" or "she's kind of young" and stuff like that...But now I'm actually older and her birthday hasn't come yet, but no one really seems to care.

Is 20 and 17 normaler than 19 and 17?

It's a tough call. 17 and 20 seems like an ok difference . 16 and 20 is definately not.

I'm 24 and I've gone on dates with girls ranging from 18 yrs old to 28 yrs old. Younger girls are more fun, giggling, more open to talk about anything, more adventurous, but dumber, less mature, and they have nothing interesting going on in their lives worth talking about. Older girls are not as open, more reserved, more stressed about work, but much more interesting, can hold more captivating conversations. There ya go. That is my official analysis. Right now I'm dating older girls. I've grown bored with younger girls and their trivial, boring lives.

im surprised a Chris Hanson picture hasn't popped up in here yet

16 and 20 is just weird though...She'll be 18 when I turn 21..So in ways we both become "adults" at the same time. But if she were 16 then by the time she'd become 18 I'd be 23....That's more than a little strange. Why would an adult be dating someone still in highschool...

PS: In my previous post I said I dated girls 18-28. The 18 yr old girls were freshmen in college, not seniors in high school. Some people have birthdays later into the year, so they were in college but still 18 yrs old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"