BvS How powerful should Jor-el be from beyond the grave?Can he be used to fix plot holes?

I say no more Jor-el. We saw him die a real death and a digital death in MOS. I think he's done for, except for in flashbacks perhaps. Superman can and has to find his own solutions now.

The little black thingy was left aboard the Black Zero. So unless they can reopen the phantom zone then he's a goner.

I thought they left the opportunity for Jor-El to return since the key is still active and somewhere with Kal's craft in the PZ.

I thought they left the opportunity for Jor-El to return since the key is still active and somewhere with Kal's craft in the PZ.

I thought that at first but it looks like the fortress of Solitude was destroyed during the movie.

I thought that at first but it looks like the fortress of Solitude was destroyed during the movie.

The scout ship was destroyed, but when they activated the PZ by crashing into the Black Zero there is a long shot of the key before Hardy tells Faora "a good death is its own reward." And considering Hamilton disappears then I think there a good chance we could see Jor-El again.

I really loved the part where Clark had no direction in his life until he was 33, and then when he meets Jor-El he acquires direction and we see him smile for the first time and learn to fly. He runs home to Martha, pleased that he met his real parents.

I also liked the part where Clark was stuck on the Kryptonian ship and did not know what to do. He was strapped down, and would have died and the Earth would have been destroyed. Then, Jor-El tells Lois what to do, and Jor-El changes the atmosphere in the ship so that Clark can escape.

But my favourite part of the movie is toward the end. The Kryptonians have been defined as a force that Clark cannot defeat using brute strength only. They are changing the Earth's gravity and chemistry. They are blasting Metropolis and destroying F-18 fighter planes. They cannot be stopped. They cannot be defeated. Except by Jor-El's technology. Jor-El says if you drop Superman's baby crib onto the Kryptonian ship it will create a perfectly calibrated black hole: one with enough gravity to suck in the kryptonians, but not so much gravity that it destroys the Earth.

The franchise needs more Jor-El -- he kicks so much ass. I'd like to see him go to Oa and defeat Sinestro.

You are so wrong they werent F-18's they were F-35 JSF's, sheesh did you even see the movie?:o

I kid, I kid.

The scout ship was destroyed, but when they activated the PZ by crashing into the Black Zero there is a long shot of the key before Hardy tells Faora "a good death is its own reward." And considering Hamilton disappears then I think there a good chance we could see Jor-El again.

That's plausible indeed.

If Russell Crowe was coming back I think he would've been announced same time as the other members of the MOS cast were.

I don't think he'll come back. Snyder even talked about his two deaths in the extra features on the blu-ray.

But he's not really dead...per se. It's like he can be activated again...or at least that is the way I saw it.

Am I the only one that thought Jor-El looked & was a bit like Obi Wan Kenobi from Attack Of The Clones ? & then the whole friendly creature thing from Revenge Of The Sith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"