How should Batman fight in the reboot?

I second the judo/boxing option... or maybe.. jiu jitsu(not brazilian) and wing chun??

unarmed combat is for ambushes and emergencies only! even thought he doesnt use guns. he can use batons (ala nightwing) tazer gloves or even a riot shotgun that fires electroshock rounds. Only amateurs go mano a mano.

now as for hand to hand. He should use for chops and hammerfists. (great for side of the neck and collarbone.) and OPen handed strikes for the ears. Watching him just 'box' when there are much better options tugged at me a little.

but i still loved those fight scenes.

Something similar to this would simply be awesome.

[YT]bWGO9p0yyaU[/YT]

Something similar to this would simply be awesome.

[YT]bWGO9p0yyaU[/YT]

I actually have to agree. That's a pretty good live action version of how Batman fights in the Arkham games, just with more rapid punching and less joint breaking.

I disagree. I thought that was a great martial arts video but not very much like Batman. Id like something cleaner

unarmed combat is for ambushes and emergencies only! even thought he doesnt use guns. he can use batons (ala nightwing) tazer gloves or even a riot shotgun that fires electroshock rounds. Only amateurs go mano a mano.

now as for hand to hand. He should use for chops and hammerfists. (great for side of the neck and collarbone.) and OPen handed strikes for the ears. Watching him just 'box' when there are much better options tugged at me a little.

but i still loved those fight scenes.

If anything I want the next films to get less realistic, so naturally Im not a fan of your thoughts. But you reminded me how badass Nightwings fight scenes could be with those batons. Nightwing really needs a tv series, instead of Arrow on CW it should be "Nightwing" with brief flashbacks to his time with Batman as Robin

Edit- I do like your ideas about hand to hand combat but i dont want batman using batons, at least not while Bruce is in the costume

[YT]DZzcxcKPcrI[/YT]

The next Batman should be more about speed and counter punching.

I think he should fight like he did in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. this video shows it okay:

[YT]BAvVY8PMafI[/YT]

basically he uses a lot of evasion and explosives. As well as his environment. I think thats truly the only way he can keep up with the superhuman members of the Justice League.

But also kinda like how cap fights in Avengers:

iLoVtNjdreKoC.gif

At long last! Finally figured out how to post videos! Now if I could just learn gifs....

[YT]BGCMfprPJoA[/YT]

man why didn't donnie yen ever blow up in america dude speaks english just fine he is a good looking dude a great actor and has great martial arts

i never understood why

I think he should fight like he did in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. this video shows it okay:

[YT]BAvVY8PMafI[/YT]

basically he uses a lot of evasion and explosives. As well as his environment. I think thats truly the only way he can keep up with the superhuman members of the Justice League.

But also kinda like how cap fights in Avengers:

iLoVtNjdreKoC.gif

Well, you just basically described Ninjutsu which is the art Batman is supposed to be expert in so you'd think this would be the way he'd fight. But the truth is that Wing Chun looks best onscreen with a smattering of Aikido thrown in for the flashy throws. I also like the way Jackie Chan uses circular movement in his fight choreography that makes him fighting multiple attackers at the same time without having all of them but the one he is currently engaging just standing around 'waiting there turn' look realistic.

Wing Chin is also fastmovement, make you able to fight multiples enemies, and best of all, it's the core ideology that the best defense is an attack. So you never BLOCK, you deflect and counter-attack, kind of the ideology of Batman, best seen in AC. WC or WT is fast, brutal, yet calculated and technical.

Actually now that I've seen the Sherlock Holmes scene, it was very cool. The analytical approach was brilliant. Though I'm not sure if Batman could pull it off.

nahhh not for batman

He should fight exactly like this, and Gotham should also look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=muCtJsy-d9w#t=50s

I love that Frackin trailer

At long last! Finally figured out how to post videos! Now if I could just learn gifs....

[YT]BGCMfprPJoA[/YT]

that movie is the best-ish

Basically this with less lethality on Batman's part.

[YT]3hYsVqpiEa4[/YT]

I think his fighting style must be more of a hit & run from the shadows combat style. A quick, precise not too flashy style. Feel like that's what they were trying for BB but as the series went on he looked more like a skilled brawler.

It's funny, I started Karate as a kid because I loved Batman. Trained in a few styles (still stayed with karate) even Bujinkan Ninjutsu for a few years. I would love to the the ultimate ninja actually for once use ninjutsu on screen.

Most eastern martial arts although mainly acrobatic and not totally useful in a fight, do look good and might help Batman in something, but won't save his life or anything. Every martial artist in the world will tell "The winner is the fighter, not the technique". And that's what make Batman so unique, he practically can solve situations that require haste, speednes, reflexes and instinctive rooted movement. He must be powerful, yet agile.

Ninjitsu might help him with the acrobatic part, the treaticality and deception ble ble ble, but not for a real fight. At least not a diiscernible move.

WT and JKD philosophy in short words...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"