The Wolverine How will they explain logan's transition in the begining?

bhayes

Civilian
Reaction score
in the end of x3 - Ice Man, rogue, shadowcat, storm, colossus, and wolverine remain at the school and all the kids are safe and everyone is happy.

beast becomes a minister of mutant affairs at the white house and magneto is drained of his powers and sits at a retirement home.

wolverine seems like he has come full circle and has found his home at the school.

how does he go from there to being a homeless and on the streets feeling sorry for himself and brooding?

PHD6tTYhwVL5HH_1_m.jpg

i wonder if they explain the transition. because at the end of x3 wolverine is happy. in x1 he is lost and confused but in x3 he has found his place. how did he arrive in the place where he is at?

There was a deleted scene/ending to X3 where Wolverine returns to Canada at that bar from the first movie and he looks pretty depressed.

And maybe Wolverine is just traveling the world and then he met someone in Japan. Or maybe he's still mourning about Jean Grey and tried to move out from X-Mansion and go to some place where he could forget Jean.

His happiness was his denial about what actually happened. He'll wake up one day and wonder what ever happened to "Jean Grey"? Then he'll say, "oh..." Then he will accept his depression and move to japan.

His happiness was his denial about what actually happened. He'll wake up one day and wonder what ever happened to "Jean Grey"? Then he'll say, "oh..." Then he will accept his depression and move to japan.

i think they'll start out with him as a homeless bum. and some asks.

"logan ... why did you give up...?"

i mean what happened to the school and all the mutant kids?

what happened to the school? is the school closed down?

where did everyone go? why did logan leave his home at the school to be a bum in the streets? i just feel they need to address that. i'm sure they will.

maybe he he'll say "i didn't belong there...i couldn't live my life at peace..."

i also have an idea. remember how cyclops was a nervous wreck in x3. Jean had some sort of mental affect on him and it made him crazy from the x2 ending.

maybe in the final scene of x3 -- the pheonix/jean grey still lives in Logan's dreams and haunts him. and it drove him crazy and he left the school because he feels he is a warrior/nomad.

Maybe when the movie starts, he won't be at the school anymore?

Doesn't sound like much a continuity issue to me.

Yeah I dont think there would be any continuity issues too...

Logan is close to immortal, although he does age, its at a very slow pace. So it could easily be 10 - 30 years after Last Stand. So alot of things could have happened since then, they dont really have touch on that... Plus Wolverine is a loner, maybe he just wanted to be alone after a few years with the kids.

Maybe when the movie starts, he won't be at the school anymore?

Doesn't sound like much a continuity issue to me.

Yeah sorta simple.

well, I think the question he's really asking is, if someone saw X3 and followed it up with this film (as is the chronological order), why there is such a difference between where he last was versus where he is now.

Bhayes is asking for speculation as to what might be the in-film explanation for people who crave those sorts of explanations.

and don't give me the "deleted scene" nonsense, most people haven't seen those, and as we know, studios will often contradict deleted scenes

personally, knowing so much about wolverine, I need no explanation for why he would wander off. But for the General Audience, a quick line to explain it may be necessary. And given Jean Grey's presence, I'm sure they'll address it

in the end of x3 - Ice Man, rogue, shadowcat, storm, colossus, and wolverine remain at the school and all the kids are safe and everyone is happy.

beast becomes a minister of mutant affairs at the white house and magneto is drained of his powers and sits at a retirement home.

wolverine seems like he has come full circle and has found his home at the school.

how does he go from there to being a homeless and on the streets feeling sorry for himself and brooding?

PHD6tTYhwVL5HH_1_m.jpg

i wonder if they explain the transition. because at the end of x3 wolverine is happy. in x1 he is lost and confused but in x3 he has found his place. how did he arrive in the place where he is at?

giorgio-a-tsoukalos.jpg

There really shouldn't be any question as to why Logan's no longer at the school given the way his characterization was handled in previous films. Although he does make the conscious decision to stick around and help Storm rebuild Xavier's school and mansion, he's also very much a loner at heart, and given the strength of the connection he felt to Jean, things at some point are going to get to be too much for him to deal with, and his ingrained 'fight or flight' response of just packing up and taking off is going to kick in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"