Homecoming How would you compare the two peters from the comics?

Garfield is 100% like the Peter of the comics, visually.

Although Maguire's Peter is more nerd, I don't think Peter is so nerd in the comics. I think it was more in early career.

So I much prefer Garfield's Peter, although the new series working the characters less richly. :yay:

Raimi ' s Peter is ~70% comic book accurate, Webb's Peter is ~40%. His Peter didn't even get WGPCGR after Ben died.

Tobey is the 60s aww shucks, gee wiz Peter.

Andrews it the modern Ultimate era Peter.

Both are quite accurate to the character, just different eras of the character.

Raimi ' s Peter is ~70% comic book accurate, Webb's Peter is ~40%. His Peter didn't even get WGPCGR after Ben died.

Why would he? that was never spoken by Ben in the ultimate Comics. Which this series is heavily based on.

Amazing Spider-Man

[YT]7Kd-43kQHQ0[/YT]

tumblr_m6xn2ymYzY1r387e5o1_1280.jpg

XSq6A.jpg

Not word for word but quite close.

Why would he? that was never spoken by Ben in the ultimate Comics. Which this series is heavily based on.

Amazing Spider-Man

[YT]7Kd-43kQHQ0[/YT]

XSq6A.jpg

I think a lot of people take this for granted tbh

Uncle Ben didn't even say WGPCGR in the Amazing comics. It was just a little thought in Peter's head. At least I think that's what it was, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Andrew is the Bagley Peter (in terms of art).

Tobey is Tim Sale's Peter.

tumblr_m6al0qCvTr1qhpx4lo1_500.png

tobey-maguire-1.jpeg

Uncle Ben didn't even say WGPCGR in the Amazing comics. It was just a little thought in Peter's head. At least I think that's what it was, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember there was a snooty guy at my TASM showing and
when Ben said the ultimate responsibility speech the guy said "pfft that's not what he says"

Correct.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder how many people here have actually read AF#15.

How can I read AF #15?

It costs $407,000 to buy a copy.

No one's forcing you to buy the 1962 print, ya know.

EDIT: Misunderstood what the thread was asking.

I remember there was a snooty guy at my TASM showing and
when Ben said the ultimate responsibility speech the guy said "pfft that's not what he says"

Snooty Guy?

bruce_campbell_spiderman2.jpg

Last edited:

Amazing Spider-Man

[YT]7Kd-43kQHQ0[/YT]

XSq6A.jpg

I never realised that the TASM speech was inspired by that, thanks for the links!
I think it just would have made more sense if they called the TASM film series "(The) Ultimate Spider-Man" but I guess "Amazing" has a better ring to it and they are basically just combining both comic series together.

Ultimate Peter Parker isn't a *****ebag idiot.

And Ultimate Ben's speech is much better than She ends chappy monologue. However my point still stand. In both Amazing and Ultimate comics Peter gets the lesson after he finds Uncle Ben's killer 2 as they guy he didn't stop. In TASM he doesn't get and becomes the jackass vigilante 'spider-man' for the sole purpose of catching Carridine.

And Ultimate Ben's speech is much better than She ends chappy monologue. However my point still stand. In both Amazing and Ultimate comics Peter gets the lesson after he finds Uncle Ben's killer 2 as they guy he didn't stop. In TASM he doesn't get and becomes the jackass vigilante 'spider-man' for the sole purpose of catching Carridine.

andrew is not that much of a *****e bag. he seems like a very okay guy.

tobey is just weird

True. He is a lot more likable than Garfield's, who is the most obnoxious version of the character I've ever seen.

It's funny how a lot of people online criticize Andrew's Peter for not being nerdy enough, but accuse TASM 2 for it's over the topness.

Andrews Peter has probably shown his brains more then Toby

The scene with him creating the webshooters in TASM was probably a scene fans had been waiting a long time for and Andrew gives a kinda geeky excitement to him

Last edited:
The day Toby's Peter needs his girlfriend to tell him the solution to a problem based on 8th grade Science is the day you can call him smarter than him lol.

It's a shame that garfield only made the shooters and not the webbing. I also like how garfield tries to figure things out while tobey was just being a nerd. Infact when he acts like a nerd it comes off as laughable.

Okay, bright people forget little things all the time especially simple stuff. Honestly I feel like its something that would happen to Parker in the comics. Its not like he was also focused on a ton of other things. Stress can do a lot to you. Whats the point of Tobey's Peter acting like a nerd if he never even acted smart? Theres a difference between klutz and nerd. The guy couldn't even put a wheel on a bicycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"