Homecoming How would you compare the two peters from the comics?

Yeah, removing Hank Pym from the picturewas terrible, but hopefully the movie is good anyways. TASM was both a sub par film, and bastardizes the comics. Why should I watch it again?

He just revealed his secret identity to her, so if he didn't go after the Lizard he'd look like a *****e. Which he is.

no, that's not why he went after the lizard. that's just the hate talking. even without revealing himself to gwen he'd still go after the lizard

He did quip several times throughout these movies. So the quipping trait was very much intact. Just not used every 2 minutes.

Go read Spider-Man no more where he turns his back on stopping crime. That was what that story conveys. Peter is being irresponsible by turning his back on fighting crime and being Spider-Man. So yes it's very much a valid character act for Peter.

But I'll strike one back at you; I didn't know he makes promises to dying men and then breaks them 5 minutes later.

That never happened in the movies. He quit being Spider-Man because he wanted a life of his own. His words, which are then backed up when you see him studying, excelling in class in college, doing happy every day normal things like going around the city buying a hot dog, fixing his bicycle etc.

Where was MJ in all of these scenes?

But I'll strike one back at you; I didn't know he cares more about the parents he hardly knew than Uncle Ben.

I always thought he did it without using Youtube videos and his girlfriend to help him out.

Oh come on. That was supposed to be a comedy moment. Even geniuses drop and break things.

He didn't kill him in the movie either. The guy tripped over a pipe. All Peter did was disarm him of his gun he was about to shoot Peter in the head with. Peter didn't push him or anything.

Go find us an example where Peter didn't figure something out based off grade school Science.

blake c, do you take frequent bathroom breaks during a movie? The reason I ask is because something must have made you miss all the problems Peter had like trying to keep a job, pay rent, help Aunt May get her mortgage, struggling to attend classes, carrying guilt over his Uncle's death, having a rift in his friendship to Harry, hunting his Uncle's killer etc.

Or did you just close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears at those parts?

So let me get this straight, you are okay with comedy moments in the Raimi series, but if they happen in the Webb films you hate them? Thats what it sounds like. I'm beginning to think there are no reasons for some peoples hate against these films. They just hate them because its either popular or the inner fanboy comes out. I'm just glad Peter hasn't danced yet in this series and knows more than a few words. Not to mention he leaves his mask on

So let me get this straight, you are okay with comedy moments in the Raimi series, but if they happen in the Webb films you hate them?

Well most of the comedy in TASM2 is unintentional.

Thats what it sounds like. I'm beginning to think there are no reasons for some peoples hate against these films. They just hate them because its either popular or the inner fanboy comes out.

Yeah, no. If they hated it because it was popular they wouldn't like the MCU films or Dark Knight films. As for inner fanboys coming out... that might have a point since Mark Webb and Co. don't give a crap about the source material, but even if you view these films separate from the comics they're pretty bad.

So let me get this straight, you are okay with comedy moments in the Raimi series, but if they happen in the Webb films you hate them? Thats what it sounds like. I'm beginning to think there are no reasons for some peoples hate against these films. They just hate them because its either popular or the inner fanboy comes out.

Where did you pull that one from? I have no problem with comedy moments if they are genuinely funny. I have never said every comedy moment in Webb's movies were terrible either. Some of them were genuinely funny, like when Peter was pretending to be a college professor praising Gwen when she was going for her Oxford interview.

But the majority of them were bad unfortunately.

I'm just glad Peter hasn't danced yet in this series and knows more than a few words.

I hated the dance scenes, too. Terrible. I'm not some biased person who overlooks the flaws of one set of movies just because I'm a fan of them.

Not to mention he leaves his mask on

You can count on one hand the number of times Peter's mask came off in the three Raimi movies.

That complaint was always utter hyperbole.

Well most of the comedy in TASM2 is unintentional.

Yeah, no. If they hated it because it was popular they wouldn't like the MCU films or Dark Knight films. As for inner fanboys coming out... that might have a point since Mark Webb and Co. don't give a crap about the source material, but even if you view these films separate from the comics they're pretty bad.
nah, marc does but sony ruins him like with raimi but since we have a delay and orci out hopefully the third film does great both critically and financially but mostly critically

Will not make a dirty joke Will not make a dirty joke Will not make a dirty joke Will not make a dirty joke...

So let me get this straight, you are okay with comedy moments in the Raimi series, but if they happen in the Webb films you hate them? Thats what it sounds like. I'm beginning to think there are no reasons for some peoples hate against these films. They just hate them because its either popular or the inner fanboy comes out. I'm just glad Peter hasn't danced yet in this series and knows more than a few words. Not to mention he leaves his mask on

That's undoubtedly the case with a portion. Some others hate them because they are more Ultimate Comics based than 616, others because of studio or universe preference.

I'd guess that the amount that hate the solely for the movies themselves are around 50% with the other 50% being from those just above.

Most studios don't. Very few have been completely accurate, nearly all change things from the source, often no less than the ASM series.

Last edited:
Lol its funny because Garfield's Peter blows his secret identity every shot he gets

The only people who know his identity are either dead or have a substantial reason to. Its not like he just took off his mask

The only people who know his identity are either dead or have a substantial reason to. Its not like he just took off his mask

Oh ok so that makes it ok so long as they're dead ok wow much peter so spodermon

If I were to interpret the scene where he goes after the Lizard on the bridge, I'd say its because he's trying to impress Gwen Stacy, not because he's learned responsibility.

He goes after the Lizard on the bridge because his spider sense goes off. I doubt he's even aware of exactly what's on the bridge in the first place--he goes because he senses the danger.

Later, he tries to get pictures of the Lizard to make money, not be the good guy, and decides that he should go after the Lizard not because the Lizard is dangerous but because he's partially responsible for giving Connors the formula.

Did you forget the scene on the bleachers??

Peter: Whatever that thing was on the bridge, it could have killed those people. I have to stop it.

Gwen: That's not your job.

Peter: Well, maybe it is.

This is all before he learns that Connors is actually the Lizard. His sense of duty and responsibility are very much intact. And what's wrong with attempting to take pictures of him fighting the Lizard to make some money?? This has been seen in multiple iterations--Peter taking pics of himself in action and selling said photos to the Bugle. In SM1, Peter takes pics of himself stopping those guys robbing the armored car--how is it any different in ASM? It isn't.

I think the animation and character designs for Spectacular are best ones so far. Peter actually looks like a teenager, and the squash and squish animation made for great fight scenes.

:up: Completely agreed. That combined with the excellent voice cast/acting and the brilliant story telling, it's the best animated show by far. The only downfall is the series was cut way too short. And knowing what plans Weisman had for the show, had it continued, only makes the cancellation that much worse.

Oh ok so that makes it ok so long as they're dead ok wow much peter so spodermon

Well you know Garfield's Peter is such a genius that he takes a camera with him as Spider-Man with his name Peter Parker plastered on it, and then leaves it behind for the villain to find and know his identity.

What a genius.

He goes after the Lizard on the bridge because his spider sense goes off. I doubt he's even aware of exactly what's on the bridge in the first place--he goes because he senses the danger.

Did you forget the scene on the bleachers??

Peter: Whatever that thing was on the bridge, it could have killed those people. I have to stop it.

Gwen: That's not your job.

Peter: Well, maybe it is.

This is all before he learns that Connors is actually the Lizard. His sense of duty and responsibility are very much intact. And what's wrong with attempting to take pictures of him fighting the Lizard to make some money?? This has been seen in multiple iterations--Peter taking pics of himself in action and selling said photos to the Bugle. In SM1, Peter takes pics of himself stopping those guys robbing the armored car--how is it any different in ASM? It isn't.

:up: Completely agreed. That combined with the excellent voice cast/acting and the brilliant story telling, it's the best animated show by far. The only downfall is the series was cut way too short. And knowing what plans Weisman had for the show, had it continued, only makes the cancellation that much worse.

Wait...what plans did he have?

lol.

It puts a dark spin on how/why Gwen actually died. Peter offed her because she's seen his face. And Harry was in on it the entire time. :hehe:

Well you know Garfield's Peter is such a genius that he takes a camera with him as Spider-Man with his name Peter Parker plastered on it, and then leaves it behind for the villain to find and know his identity.

What a genius.

Don't forget! Mr. Science lover doesn't know grade school science either.

Most studios don't. Very few have been completely accurate, nearly all change things from the source, often no less than the ASM series.

Sam Raimi made 3 comic book faithful Spider-Man films (two of which were good). Sony has no excuse for the TASM mockery of the comics.

TASM isn't a faithful adaptation of Ultimate either.

Gwen as MJ

Talking in the bench

Home life

Uncle ben and aunt may

Peters characterization

The Parkers as scientists

Norman obsessed with Peter

Connors as Eddie Brock sr

Connors knowing who Peter is

Bad luck on identity

Bitten at oscorp

Users who are viewing this thread