The Amazing Spider-Man 2 How would you feel about TASM2 utilizing elements of TSSM TV Series?

Joe_Kickass

Sidekick
Reaction score
Would it feel cheap to you if they decided to use plot points and things of that nature from it
(as in would it feel like they're being "unoriginal") , or would you think it's the smartest idea they could do?

Is their property and a great one so if they use it i'll be happy with it

A film being inspired and using certain elements from the best adaptation of Spider-Man?

Bring it on.

I mean, even TDK trilogy takes some nods to B:TAS. Some can say the "white eyes" was inspired by the cartoon and even Daggett was used in TDKR.

At least there are rumors of a similar origin for electro like TSSM one you know eels beeing involved

That would be just fine. I love TSSM's Vulture. Their Doc Ock is great too, just about everything in that series was great.

I'm pretty sure ASM took elements from/had similarities to Spectacular Spider-man, MTV Spider-man, Ultimate Spider-man comics, the early Stan Lee/Steve Ditko/John Romita Sr. Run, Brand New Day run, and a little from Rami movies(although most of the inspiration from the Ultimate Spider-man comics). So I wouldn't be surprised if ASM2 would be extremely similar.

Keep myself from what?

If you meant bringing in anything Batman, it was an example of how a film can take inspiration from something that was awesome.

but they kinda already did with Peter beeing dressed like Peter in SSM and with Peter beeing in highschool and knowing Gwen before MJ and Gwen is smart and they are bringing Harry ....so yeah

That would be just fine. I love TSSM's Vulture. Their Doc Ock is great too, just about everything in that series was great.

I don't mind it at all as long as it's just a bit of things here and there. I feel like we should kinda be seeing Marc's vision of Spider-Man, which also comes with seeing things we haven't seen before? If that makes sense. But I don't mind it all esp. with the electric eel rumor.

Not to mention I love TSSM's Vulture as well. His suit looks great. If he ever pops onto the silver screen, I hope it's something similar to that or Ultimate Vulture.

Last edited:
but they kinda already did with Peter beeing dressed like Peter in SSM and with Peter beeing in highschool and knowing Gwen before MJ and Gwen is smart and they are bringing Harry ....so yeah

You are correct with the bold, but reaching a bit with all the other. Gwen being used before MJ isn't something like being inspired by TSSM, nor is Gwen being smart or Harry showing up in the sequel.

You are correct with the bold, but reaching a bit with all the other. Gwen being used before MJ isn't something like being inspired by TSSM, nor is Gwen being smart or Harry showing up in the sequel.
same argument...
well the white eyes weren´t exactly exclusive to Batman: TAS they were used before in the comics

:cwink:

Some can say the "white eyes" was inspired by the cartoon

If you feel that some can say the same about Peter knowing Gwen first in high school because of TSSM, then cool, but I'm not really saying it's fact that the "white eyes" is because of the cartoon as you're saying about the whole Gwen being known first.

:cwink:

If you feel that some can say the same about Peter knowing Gwen first in high school because of TSSM, then cool, but I'm not really saying it's fact that the "white eyes" is because of the cartoon as you're saying about the whole Gwen being known first.

Well, Gwen did work with Dr. Connors in TASM like she did in TSSM. I hope they utilize more humor like in TSSM, keep the quips coming. It definitley seems to be goin a bit more brighter and colorful than the last one. Can't wait to see Spidey and Electro face to face, Electro's blue glow reflecting off Spidey's eyes and costume is going to look sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"