How would you have done X-Men 3?

id only make some changes

firstlylike several others, no fricken quills, or archlight, ect., instead we add Gambit to the brotherhood. He's more like a reluctant members, and since mags helped him escape whatever goverment convoy or plant that had juggs and multipleman, hed go along for the ride.

secondly Gambit and Pyro would go to the cure center. Iceman is following Rogue. Rogue goes inside Gambit follows. Pyro and Iceman have a sweet lil fight on the streets, but still not as all out as the final battle. Inside Gambit finds Rogue, he is there to take her out, but he makes small talk at first since she doesnt know who he is. Gumbo kinda feels sorry foe the girl and digs her, he gets her outta there.

Cyke still gets blown the hell away in the first 15 minutes. He does not come back in the final scene. however in the finale, Wolvie does kill Jean only because surpresses the pheonix force long enough to tell Logan she must join Scott.

Xavier's storyline still the same.

I would have sentinels in the finale as the Gov trying to add soem support vs the brotherhood army. There would be maybe like 10 of them.

We go with 3 surprise endings:

Xavier one like the movie

secondly, we pan over a large factory with trask inside, mastermold awakens and we cut back to the battle field, some of the sentienls eyes turn red and one says something like "Neutralize Brotherhood Targets", then we pan over to another one that say like "Kill All Mutants", you get the idea.

Final one, foreshadowing X4, we See a big monument to Xavier, and in front of it are Scott and Jean's grave, we see a shadow standing over them, we hear a "sinister" laugh. Film closes out with Jean's energy signature "lighting" up the ground.

I would have had Gambit from the prison and joining the Brotherhood. Cyclops would kick butt...Sentinels, sentinels and more sentinels. I would most definitely have Nightcrawler beating the crap out of mutants with his teleportation attack. Mr. Sinister takin Cyclops to use against the team. And Dark Phoenix turning on Magneto and helpin the team.

Rogue would be the REAL Rogue and would absorb the powers of Miss Marvel, so she could fly and kick some ash with her superhuman strenght

Maybe have Gambit getting involved with Rogue at the end of the movie. Show a little background of Gambit Cajun roots and the gang he was in.

Sinister could be the real threat at the end and not as much the Phoenix.

I'd split the team and the movie into two groups-one dealing with the cure that would follow a group led by Storm, that would include :Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty and Colossus and one that would follow Dark Phoenix that would be made up of Cyclops, Angel, Psylocke, Gambit, Xavier, Nightcrawler and Beast. The entire team would come together by the last battle, with the Brotherhood basically taking the place of the Hellfire Club in the comics version. Finally, after Cyclops would convince Jean to come back to the X-Men's side, the Sentinels would arrive, and they would basically play the role that the Imperial Guard played in Uncanny X-Men #137. I'd save the scene where she asks to see his eyes until the end, where she would hold him motionless and use his optic blast to destroy herself, forever saving the world from the Phoenix.

Deaths: Xavier (a return hinted at)
Jean
Possibly a few C-list mutants.

Cured:
Magneto (a return of his powers hinted at)
Mystique

I also like the idea of Multiple Man as a spy, so I'd probably incorporate that somehow.

Kurosawa said:
I'd split the team and the movie into two groups-one dealing with the cure that would follow a group led by Storm, that would include :Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty and Colossus and one that would follow Dark Phoenix that would be made up of Cyclops, Angel, Gambit, Xavier, Nightcrawler and Beast. The entire team would come together by the last battle, with the Brotherhood basically taking the place of the Hellfire Club in the comics version. Finally, after Cyclops would convince Jean to come back to the X-Men's side, the Sentinels would arrive, and they would basically play the role that the Imperial Guard played in Uncanny X-Men #137. I'd save the scene where she asks to see his eyes until the end, where she would hold him motionless and use his optic blast to destroy herself, forever saving the world from the Phoenix.

Deaths: Xavier (a return hinted at)
Jean
Possibly a few C-list mutants.

Cured:
Magneto (a return of his powers hinted at)
Mystique

I also like the idea of Multiple Man as a spy, so I'd probably incorporate that somehow.

Sweet Jesus! :eek:

I would ****ing love that movie!

i'd have had xavier shutting down magneto's mind fatal attractions/onslaught style. Cyclops with a more involved part and same for rogue

The cure is the perfect reason to introduce sentinals. Even though the world almost came to a end in X2, it was basically stikers fault. The future unrest the cure might cause would have been a perfect excuse. I would have killed magneto, xavier, and mystique. Have same president from X2. I gambit instead of archlight and quill. No murdering cyclops. Pheonix rises on her own. No triangle between Bobby, Marie, and Kitty. Have Marie jump to conclusion from innocent gestures. Storm still leader because cyclops a wreck. Angle and Rogue would be in the final battle. Trick people into thinking she took the cure than have Angle fly her in. Happy ending cyclops cures jean. Sad ending they both die in the final battle.

i think having angel is smart. although he's unused this paves the way for an apocalypse film/trilogy in which he can become archangel and if cyclops and xavier are actually alive then this could lead to a x-cutioners song style trilogy

I must be the only one who wouldn't use The Cure. I like the cure storyline, I think it has great potential, but you're asking what I would do?

Essentially, my X3 would, much like the real version, have been a new take on the Dark Phoenix saga and the true rise of the Brotherhood of Mutants, which would then be the catalyst for the U.S. government to begin hunting and eradicating mutants, forcing everyone to, you guessed it, choose sides.

Phoenix would rise, already unstoppable, already a shell of Jean Grey, which would cause a lot of conflict within the ranks of the X-Men, Cyclops in particular. Beast would be involved, much as he is in X3, as a former student of Xavier's and a leading mutant genetecist working for the government, and Angel would cameo as an older character, another former student (Angel's Aerie would be featured as the mansion was attacked by the Brotherhood this time, and Xavier needed a safehouse of sorts for his students and time to plan. Angel would later rejoin the X-Men to deal with the various threats, leaving behind a fairly comfortable, wealthy lifestyle). Meanwhile, Magneto's part in this movie would involve focusing on building a mutant army on Genosha of known mutant terrorists like Juggernaut, and other outsiders like Gambit, The Blob, Quicksilver, etc. He would "acquire" Dark Phoenix, who had partial amnesia, twist her mind, and launch terrorist attacks from Genosha, claiming countless lives. Because of Magneto's terrorist actions (bombings, displays of power, etc), The Sentinel Program would be unveiled, headed by Bolivar Trask (an heir to Stryker's department, as the President from X2 would have been shown to become even more anti-mutant, with further hints that he himself might be one), a mutant-hunting team of tech-outfitted human beings with "Sentinel" (mutant tracking) technology (developed with Beast's unwitting help because of his work in mutant genetics, ashamed of it, more conflict). Genosha would be attacked, prompting Magneto to launch an assault on Washington D.C, which the X-Men would counter. There, a battle royale would take place, Dark Phoenix would, in the end, sacrifice herself to stop the Sentinels approaching from all sides (Beast would be fiercly pleading for peace, not in the battle), and Magneto would go out a hero as well, as he attempted to stop Dark Phoenix from destroying everything and everyone after Xavier fell (not died). Magneto would, well, appear to die, leaving behind a mixed legacy. Logan and Cyclops would team to stop Dark Phoenix after she defeated Magneto (who created her, in some ways), and the resolution would involve Xavier offering sanctuary to some of Magneto's mutants (Gambit, etc) at the school, and the government forming an uneasy truce with the X-Men. It would have vaguely set up an X4 that involved Mr. Sinister and the Hellfire Club. The Danger Room would be involved, of course, and Cerebro would be used again. It would have to be long, and incredbly fast-paced with less development for everyone than we'd all like to see (Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine would be resolved, and Storm would come into her own (facing off against Phoenix and Magneto), as would Rogue (facing off against Juggernaut) and Iceman (Vs. Pyro, obviously) in terms of battle. Nightcrawler would be uncomfortable with the violence around him, and leave the X-Men for a time (to help with the results of Magneto's terrorist actions), possibly keeping open a return, but not before he worked with Wolverine and Cyclops in the Danger Room, and got called "elf".

Main characters:

Xavier
Cyclops
Wolverine
Phoenix
Magneto

Supporting cast:

Storm
Beast
Angel
Rogue
Iceman
Colossus
Mystique
Juggernaut
Gambit
Pyro
Quicksilver
The Blob
Nightcrawler

Other players:

Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey
Bolivar Trask
The President
The Sentinels

It sounds big, and it would be, but it would be a lot smaller than it COULD be, leave room for a lot of subtle character development, a return to prominence for Scott and a continued Wolverine arc, and set up something even bigger for X4. At one point I had it all figured out in outline format. I really see the X-Men franchise as a five or six film affair. X4: Sinister, Hellfire Club, X5: Apocalypse, X6: elements of Days of Future Past/The Cure.

I would never have taken the two most potentially emotional, powerful stories from the comics and used them in the same movie . . . I think that was a big mistake on someone's part--if the writing/dialogue being used is questionable in emotionally powerful and poignant stories such as these (the Dark Phoenix Saga and the Cure), I'm scared to think of the translations of the rest of the less emotional arcs (that are ridiculously complicated and convoluted so that a general audience wouldn't have a prayer of understanding what's going on).

I wouldn't say The Cure is really that much of an emotionally powerful storyline. If it is, the X-Men comics are thinner than I've feared. It has some very nice moments, and the concept itself is fantastic. Wasn't so impressed with the execution of it, though.

The Guard said:
I wouldn't say The Cure is really that much of an emotionally powerful storyline. If it is, the X-Men comics are thinner than I've feared. It has some very nice moments, and the concept itself is fantastic. Wasn't so impressed with the execution of it, though.

The concept is fantastic, which is what I'm saying--the concept inherently lends itself to drama and the potential for a great story, whereas other arcs do not without becoming ridiculous (i.e. Inferno, X-Cutioners Song, Onslaught, Age of Apocalypse, etc.)

How the Cure was executed in the comics apparently has no bearing on how it is executed on film, because it hardly follows, yet they use it anyway--why not save it for a later film and use that fantastic concept as you say, and further expound upon it, making it into a great story rather than just cramming it in there with the Dark Phoenix Saga.

I agree. Which is why I would have used The Cure around film 6.

well even though i really like what they done for X:3 mostly, i guess i would of done things a tad differently.

-since this is half based on the phoenix saga, we atleast need the imperial guard in some form. I would of used Gladatior, and made him a goverment weapon/"super hero" [with superman like origins] to fight against the mutants. The goverment would sell him to the public as a hero, but he wouldsecrtely be their weapon against mutants. He would be cold and rational, and be nearly unstoppable, and have final showdown with Jean Grey[and all the other mutants] at the GGB.

-I would of added Mr.sinister in a more human appearance. He would be a arrogant,creepy, and slightly eccentric goverment genecist who created Gladiator to hunt down, and capture rogue mutants. He also would have a strong hatred for all mutants. He also keeps records of all mutant criminals, and makes Gladiator hunt them down. Trask and Sinister would not like each other.

-Next i would of added the sentinels. The sentinels would of secretly been built buy DR.TRASK[bill duke] incase Gladiator could not get the job done. They would not appear until the final battle.

-Gambit would appear in a minor,but effective role. He would be one of the tagged mutant criminals Gladiator would be tracking [to bring back to Mr.sinster] The the X-men would intervene and take him in for safe keeping.

-I would also add a subplot, where Gladiator has an attraction to Rogue.

-The final battle would end with Phoenix defeating Gladiator[after a long aeriel duel]. The fight taxed alot of her powers though. Cyclops and wolverine manage to grt close to her, and try to talk to her. Meanwhile Trask, decides with Gladiators defeat its time to release his sentinels to stop the mutants at the bridge. The President agrees, and the sentinels are launched to elimnate all the mutants at the GGB.

-The last scene would have cyclops talking donw Jean etc. The sentinels can be seen from a distance, and all the other mutants stop fighting. They all watch as the massive machine fly their way. After and emotional scene, Cyclops tells jean she has to stop the sentinals. A weak Jean agrees, and she says farewell to everyone, and turns into the huge fiery Phoenix bird. The X-men and brotherhood watch sadly as Jean flys at the sentinels. In Jeans final redemption, she sacrifices herself to destroys all the sentinels in a fiery blaze of glory. Beast comments "Astounding" upon seeing the full power of Jean Grey.

4. Since Fox are dirty smorees who feel the need to shove logan into everything, most of the film would focus on logan and jean. However, i'd get across the point that logan really cant save jean, and that the only ones who could are dead or believed dead.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :D

You're so right!lol

I would actually use Angel, taking the cure would be an issue for Beast mostly and somewhat Rogue, no sentinels (x4 maybe), more faces in the Brotherhood army (Gambit, Blob, Toad, Sabertooth, Mystique, Havok, with the others already in the movie), Cyke actually plays a part in the Phoenix saga instead of -POOF-, longer running time, Wolverine finishes the father figure arc with Rogue instead of being Cyke (not bashing just saying), Cyke and Wolverine work their problems out (it can happen without one dying), and better CGI and writing for Colossus (also he is the one that gets Shadowcat, SCREW YOU ICEPIMP).

Cyclops doesnt die and instead is blown back into the woods and goes unconscious. When he wakes up he discovers his leg is broken and he has to make his way out of the forest with his eyes closed (so hes basically blind). He reaches the bar from X1 where Angel is having a drink (recently escaped from Worthington Labs). There Scott is berated by the bar patrons and is about to get in a fight when Angel intevenes and saves him (in the bar Scott mentions the Xavier school which Angel is looking for). They camp out and Angel uses his power to heal Scotts leg. Angel flies them to the school where they arrive after the X-men have already left for the final battle. They meet Rogue there who has just returned from her visit to get the cure at Worthington Labs (but rejected it in the end). The three of them see whats happening on the news (btw the climax would be on Muir Island and take place just off the coast of Manhattan) and take off to join the battle. Either they fly Xaviers helicopter or Angel somehow carries the both of them.

Due to all the destruction occuring Trask gets approval from the President to release two prototype Sentinels on Muir Island. When the showdown with Jean arrives Logan tries to break through to her but fails once again. However Scott shows up and succeeds. He brings her back to normal and Logan sees once and for all that Scott is the man for her. After the Brotherhood and the Sentinels are defeated the X-men escape quickly in the jet as the military is after them too. Instead of being taken with them, Leech is saved by Callisto (now with one eye due to her fight with Storm) who isnt so bad and actually has a soft spot for the kid. She and him and some others escape underground into the sewers. In the end Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique are the major deaths, Multiple Man and Quills are the minor deaths, Pyro and Psylocke are captured and put in prison, and Juggernaut and Arclight are still on the loose. Jean is back to normal but in deep despair b/c of what she has done and is now in hiding from the government at the mansion. Rogue accepts her powers and tells Bobby to be with Kitty. Logan has now made himself a permanent member of the team. Angel has joined the X-men, and Beast has quit his political career (after the Sentinel incident) to go back to teaching at the school. And Scott takes over as headmaster of the school, fulfilling the promise he made to Xavier. Trask gets the go ahead to put Sentinels into mass production.

See...this is what X3 should have been had the writers not taken every imagineable route in making sure an X4 isnt made. I mean lets look at the actual outcome of everyone in the film. Spoilers ahead!

Xavier, Cyclops, Callisto, Arclight, Psylocke, Quills, Multiple Man...all dead
Rogue, Mystique, Magneto...all cured

Thats just too much if you ask me. If they were to make an X4 we'd just be getting another Wolverine/Storm fest since everyone else is either dead or powerless. By the way I'm actually my own version of X3 with the above ideas included. If anyone wants to read it I'll post what I have so far.

I would take every single one of this ideas over what we are actually getting, sadly.

Very different film in my case. The film opens with a flashback to the end moments of the last film, which turn out to be Scott's nightmare/flashback. Here, we learn that he is in therapy with Emma Frost, with hints that she is "reformed" from some past lifestyle. Hints at possible relationship.

Use some form of Danger Room scene to reintroduce Logan and Storm, as well as the students.

Washington: the aftermath of the world wide mental attack from the last film as still ongoing. Beast works for the President ala the current film, but the Pres is also listening to lobbyist/Friends of Humanity Leader Gyron Creed, a public figure looking for something to be done. The the cure comes up...

Magneto's back in his old digs from X1, along with Mystique, Pyro, and a returning Sabertooth and Toad. the only one not seeming to want to be there is Gambit. Magneto learns of the cure, and sees an oportunity opening up to him. Orders Mystique and Gambit to make an investigation of the cure.

Frost/Xavier agree that Scott should go to make peace with Jean's death. he go's to the Lake. Beast returns to the school, cure discussion.

Jeans return but Scott lives. She is disoriented. Takes her back to the school.

Mystique captured, Gambit escapes with info that the cure is a mutant. Cure demonstration given publicly on Mystique. Magneto uses this as a rallying point for other mutants. Orders Gambit to kill this mutant providing the cure. Gambit ojects, but Magneto hints at passed similar actions and reveals to Gambit more cash to do this. Gambit agrees, but clearly conflicted.

Jean at school. Prof explains what has happened to her in terms of power, his past actions. Logan objects to this. Jean figures this out and finally snaps when she picks up on Scott/Frost relationship. Leaves mantion and damages it. As acts of mutant terrorism break out at same time, team divided: Scott/Prof/Logan go after Jean, Storm/Beast and some students try to get to bottom of violence beaking out over cure.

House scene minus Magneto, Prof killed, Logan and Scott left with his body.

Storm/Beast etc. find Magneto's gathering, return to mansion with info.

Funeral. Magneto arrives, confrontation between him, Storm, Scott and Logan.

X-Men prep for war. Magneto launches attack.

Pres gives into a program he has held back on: a prototype Sentinel.

All out war breaks out. Jean survays from distance. Finally lets loose and smashes Sentinel. Takes matters into own hands, plans to kill everyone, starts with Magneto and leaves him near dead.

Meanwhile, Gambit finds the kid with the cure. Changes mind and breaks the kid out, meets up with Jubilee, hints at the hero worship relationship that she had with Logan in the comics. Gets caught up on events Gets to Scott and Storm, along with Emma and Logan who are trying to form a plan to track down Jean and deal with her as need be. Scott conflicted, Strom talks some sense into him about what needs to happen. Gambit offers up a possible idea. Logan and Gambit don't exactly hit it off.

Gambit finds Magneto, barly able to get to his feet. Gambit let him know he quites.

Jean starts a reign of terror in Washington. Cameras roll from news media. President seems to be next victim, and the X-Men step into prevent it. Emma connects Scott to Jean's mind, has one on one conversation begging her to stop. Talks about how she can't control it, her power. The cure kid starts to work his power on her, she flips back out. Gambit saves the kid, but Logan kills Jean. She dies in Scott's arms asking for forgivness. All caught on camera.

Move ahead a few weeks. News reports that after the heroic actions of the X-Men, things are calming down, the President thankful for his life saved. Sentinel program scrapped. Beast returns to work in the administration. Scott leaves the school and Emma, but promises he may come back "some day." Storm, Logan and Emma in charge. Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, Jubilee and Colossus made full X-Men (oh yeah, the whole love triangle thing is a sub plot, Rogue and Bobby break up). Storm asks Gambit if he just plans on living on the Mansion couch or if he plans of helping out. He agrees.

Magneto shown in recovery, getting taken care of by one Dr. Sinister...

Well, that's X3 from me.

Would of made Wolverine and Storm not the main characters.

1. I would of introduced Quicksilver, Polaris and Scarlet Witch. Magneto's kids.

2. I would of had the authorities use the Legacy virus , as opposed to the cure.

3. I would of had the film end with the UN giving Magneto Genosha, and Magneto finally achieving his and Charles dream. Ofcourse in a later movie I would have the island destroyed with the 16 million mutants there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"