The Force Awakens How would you rate TFA?

DeGenerate10

Br Ba
Reaction score
The inevitable rating of The Force Awakens thread. Scale from 1-10. One being awful and ten being amazing. What do you give TFA?

9/10

It was everything we hoped we would get 16 years ago. JJ did essentially the same thing he did with Star Trek but instead of rebooting, just went with the New Hope outline. Which is absolutely fine because it never took me out of the movie. In a lot of ways, this movie was a better New Hope than the original. It really felt like Star Wars. I was a giddy little kid all over again. I didn't give it a 10 simply because JJ and Kasden were able to borrow so much from the original.

10/10- Sure it wasn't a perfect movie, but I thoroughly loved the whole thing and I don't get to rate movies 10 out of 10 that often. lol This one, in my mind, deserves that rating. It not only lived up to my (incredibly lofty) expectations, but it pretty much exceeded them as well.

9 out of 10.

It lived up to the hype.

Good start for hopefully better things. 8.2/10

9/10. I loved it. It's not perfect, but what works, really works.

After my second viewing, definitely 10.

I'm not gonna rank this one. It doesnt really fit the same scale i have for comic book movies and the like...

I feel more like ranking the trilogy as a whole. Which I've got a few years left to work out my opinion on.

I gave it a 10. It's the movie I've been waiting for since the end credits rolled on ROTJ.

7.5-8/10

Like "Return of the Jedi", I liked a lot. But the flaws hold it back.

I would've given it an 8 when I walked out of the theater. But the more I think back on it, and the fact that I like it less than RotJ and I gave that film a 7.5 means VII is at most a 7 (interesting, that).

10/10, flaws are there but completely overshadowed by the heart the film had. It was Star Wars through and through.

Maybe a 9.5 so I've got some wiggle room on a 10 point scale but honestly that's the most enjoyment I've gotten from a film in a decade I'd say. Was just breath taking.

There is no 0 option so I guess I can't vote.

I'm not sure what your thoughts are on this film, you've been very quiet on them. :o

8 out of 10. TOO many parts were predicible even with very limited knowledge of the story. I DID Love the film, it was Entertaining to me

9, good movie with much humor and new character

8.5/10.

One reviewer noted the euphoria effect of a new installment in every classic series, such as phantom menace or Godfather 3. Apparently, phantom menace was positively reviewed in the first month or two after release before everyone realized it was a stinker.

I don't know how TFW will be received long term, but it will certainly have a more laudable place in the pantheon than phantom menace.

10 - and I rank it up there with Empire. Of course the movie has its flaws but so does the OT and quite considerably the PT had way so much of. Again, this is Star Wars. Enough said. I waited too long for this movie and while I didn't really expect much...I walked out of the theater feeling grateful that this sequel trilogy is off to a great start and quite possibly in a better direction than what the PT could have been. Again, once production starts on the next installments, oh boy, I am staying as far away from spoilers as possible like I did with TFA. I want to be surprised so again, I want to go in to these movies without knowing much of anything. But it'll be interesting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"