how would you reboot justice league?

heathjack

Civilian
Reaction score
how would you reboot justice league? I enjoyed ben Affleck as batman!! but i think they should bring robert pattinson as bruce wayne & batman!! if robert pattinson batman does good!! then i would still use Jason Momoa as aqua man Gal Gadot as wonder women & Henry Cavill as super man!! unless they reboot super man at some point!! no offense but i didn't liked Ezra Miller as barry allen aka the flash!! i still liked Grant Gustin as berry allen aka the flash!! but i would find some one else to play the flash!!

Let George Miller have another run at Justice League: Mortal with a new cast. Separate it from the solo films entirely.

Last edited:
Right now, Justice League brand is not looking good, WB will have to wait for some years. Look at how hard GL tanked, and they are still hesitant to make another GL movie, I think they will wait for some time before they think about a JL movie. The brand is tarnished.

Apart from that - JL movie needs buildup leading to it, otherwise (if they make a stand alone movie, even in best case scenario) it will perform like X-men: DoFP movie.

Other thing to consider is that Pattinson's Bat-trilogy might be self contained, so he may not be in it.

Forget about JL, first they need to put The Flash and another Superman movie on screen. Right now, we're at a point where "well known DC heroes" like Flash, Batman, Green Lantern are still waiting for their first movies in set DCEU.

If I was head of DC Entertainment, my first priority would be to ensure that Flash, Batman, GL and next Superman movies are green-lighted before I worry about JL.

Last edited:
1. Make the film while Momoa and Gadot are still Aquaman and Wonder Woman. The idea that the JL needs a long rest is silly. If you get the right team together, a film can be made within a 3 year window, and if the film is good, people will see it.

2. Get George Miller to direct it.

3. I’m probably hiring another actor to play Batman, which will probably result in some fanboy whining. Reeves Batman may likely be its own thing. I’d probably hire Jon Hamm if we’re continuing the “Older, grizzled” Batman concept.

4. I’d probably keep Cavill, but give his Superman a soft reboot. Little to no mention of the Snyder films.

5.I’d have Green Lantern on the team, the Hal Jordan version.

6.The villains would be the Legion of Doom. We’ve yet to see the “Evil Super team” concept done on a live action, big budget film scale, and DC has the best villains in mainstream superhero media.

Honestly, the Justice League we have so far is dead, if it was ever alive in the first place. Affleck is out, I’m not expecting Cavil to return to the role of Superman either.

Jason and Gal will likely sign on for at least a solo trilogy each, but those stories can easily be self contained. Further to that, Jason and Gal could just as easily portray their respective heroes in another Justice League feature, unassociated with with Affleck/Cavil one.

I’d like to see a team of established veteran heroes; a trilogy of films where the Justice League has been around for a few years now, but with three very specific threats, with the third instalment introducing a younger generation of heroes, should WB wish to have prospects.
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • The Flash
  • Green Lanterns (John & Jessica)
  • Hawkman
  • Hawkgirl
  • Aquaman
And for the younger generation;
  • Batgirl
  • Supergirl
  • Blue Beetle
  • Booster Gold
  • (a) Green Lantern
  • Kid Flash
  • Starfire
  • Firestorm
  • Cyborg

Honestly, the Justice League we have so far is dead, if it was ever alive in the first place. Affleck is out, I’m not expecting Cavil to return to the role of Superman either.

Jason and Gal will likely sign on for at least a solo trilogy each, but those stories can easily be self contained. Further to that, Jason and Gal could just as easily portray their respective heroes in another Justice League feature, unassociated with with Affleck/Cavil one.

I’d like to see a team of established veteran heroes; a trilogy of films where the Justice League has been around for a few years now, but with three very specific threats, with the third instalment introducing a younger generation of heroes, should WB wish to have prospects.
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • The Flash
  • Green Lanterns (John & Jessica)
  • Hawkman
  • Hawkgirl
  • Aquaman
And for the younger generation;
  • Batgirl
  • Supergirl
  • Blue Beetle
  • Booster Gold
  • (a) Green Lantern
  • Kid Flash
  • Starfire
  • Firestorm
  • Cyborg

I could get behind this

How would I reboot Justice League?

Many years and about three stand-alone Superman movies later.

Correct. They tried the other stupid way, now try the non stupid way. The tricky part will be deciding whether to jettison most or all of Snyders stuff. Ignoring bvs and jl completely is a no brainer of course. Might just work out. Eventually.

Last edited:
DmQF0FsVsAI7GG4

Thought we did this already...

Last edited:
Start anew with The Batman and The Suicide Squad. Retain Momoa, Gadot, Miller and Levi and make their future movies continue from the two. Sequels for Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam! should mention no events from Snyder-verse and should be based on thematic continuity (expansion of mythos), instead of timeline continuity. Since Flash has no solo film yet, it would be simple to make a straight up origin/semi-origin. Fold Harley Quinn into Reeves' Batman. Black Adam should be introduced in the Shazam! sequel. Recast Superman. Green Lantern and others should easily follow when the established characters have fixed continuity.

As a stand-alone movie, with a new cast. Like that project with George Miller.

DC Extended Universe

Birds of Prey (2020)
Birds-Of-Prey-Cast-Comic-Art.jpg

• Directed by Cathy Yan
  • After splitting with the Joker, Harley Quinn joins superheroes Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya to save a young girl from an evil crime lord, Black Mask in Gotham City.

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
Gal-Gadot-as-Diana-Prince-in-Wonder-Woman-1984.jpg

• Directed by Patty Jenkins
  • Wonder Woman squares off against the Cheetah, a villainess who possesses superhuman strength and agility, at the height of the Cold War.

The Batman (2021)
robert-pattinson-the-batman-fan-art.jpg

• Directed by Matt Reeves
  • When people start dying in strange ways, Batman must go deep into the dark world of Gotham to find clues and solve the mystery/conspiracy connected to Gotham City’s history and criminals.

The Suicide Squad (2021
the-suicide-squad-top-625x352.png

• Directed by James Gunn
  • Task Force X is sent to Santa Prisca by Amanda Waller to help quell the civil unrest, and protect the US government interests on the island. When they stumble upon a secret alien tucked away in The General’s prison fortress, being used against its will, the Squad’s orders are changed and the bodies stack up. Don’t get too attached.

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive! (2021)
the-flash-heroes-in-crisis.jpg

• Directed by Andy Muschietti
  • Following the opening of The Flash Museum, the scarlet speedster (Joe Alwyn) must save the day in Central City again when The Rogues unite under Captain Cold and embark upon a vengeful campaign.

Aquaman II: The Obsidian Age (2022)
Aquaman-Character-Posters-Featured.jpg

• Directed by James Wan
  • Aquaman’s reign as king is tested when Atlantis is ripped from the ocean and stolen in time. Seeking the help of Doctor Fate (Rami Malek), Aquaman travels back to the past to face his people’s’ darkest era: The Obsidian Age.

New Gods of the Fourth World (2022)
https://******************.com/files/2019/05/2019.05.30-11.28-******************-5cefbe67bc3ee.png

• Directed by Ava DuVernay
  • Jack Kirby’s Fourth World comes to life in this sprawling tale that pits the idyllic New Genesis against the nightmarish Apokolips, with both Mister Miracle and Barda (Logan Lerman and Laura Harrier, respectively) at the center of it all as the two battle against the wicked Granny Goodness and her Furies.

The Green Lantern Corps (2022)
2751654ec9236308284fc1ade740a1f8.jpg

• Directed by J.J. Abrams
  • Veteran Hal Jordan (Tom Cruise) enlists John Stewart (Stephan James) into the intergalactic peacekeeping Green Lantern Corps in a story that reaches the far corners of the universe. When Sinestro (Kevin Bacon), a fallen lantern and Jordan’s old friend, threatens the universe with a corps all his own, The Green Lanterns take to the stars in all out war!

Supergirl (2023)
94_Supergirl.jpg

• Directed by Reed Morano
  • The last daughter of Krypton comes crashing to Earth! Kara Zor-El (Elle Fanning) was sent to Earth to watch over her baby cousin, but when her pod veers off course, she winds arriving 30 years later to a world with Superman (Nicholas Hoult). And just as Kara begins to adjust to her new life under her cousin’s wing, her past catches up with her in the form of Brainiac—the alien threat behind Krypton’s destruction.

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths (2023)
the-flash-discovered-multiple-parallel-universes-photo-u1

• Directed by J.J. Abrams
  • Sinestro’s banishment to Qward spurs the awakening of the Anti-Monitor, who begins to wipe out realities. The Justice League unite with Alexander Luthor of Earth-3 (Oscaar Isaac) to fight off extinction, learning the secrets of the multiverse and the birth of all existence in this classic telling of the iconic comic book storyline.

Shazam! vs. Black Adam! (2024)
Shazam-Movie-Why-No-Black-Adam-Dwayne-Johnson.jpg

• Directed by David Sandberg
  • Billy Batson’s black-and-white world of good and evil is about to get more complicated when he crosses paths with The Wizard’s first pupil, Black Adam (Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson). As these two titans clash in the slugfest of the century, Mister Mind and the Monster Society of Evil threaten the Earth.

One route of many: have them do Green Lantern Corps first. Turn that into something that's cool on its own which gets people in the DC Comics mood. Then maybe throughout GLC 1 or 2, you remind people passingly of the Aquamans and the Themysciras back on Earth... then you establish the presence of a larger conflict, headed for Earth. Justice League follows. Basically, slipping it into people's foods via another film.

Releasing the REAL Justice League movie and pretending that Frankenstein monster cooked up by Geoff Johns, Joss Whedon and Toby Emmerich never existed.

One route of many: have them do Green Lantern Corps first. Turn that into something that's cool on its own which gets people in the DC Comics mood. Then maybe throughout GLC 1 or 2, you remind people passingly of the Aquamans and the Themysciras back on Earth... then you establish the presence of a larger conflict, headed for Earth. Justice League follows. Basically, slipping it into people's foods via another film.

My outline takes this approach somewhat; if you notice the GL film and JL would both be directed by J.J. Abrams.

Ideally JL would be a combination of crisis stories, with Hal Jordan sacrificing himself aka Parallex to set the universe correct.

Start anew with The Batman and The Suicide Squad. Retain Momoa, Gadot, Miller and Levi and make their future movies continue from the two. Sequels for Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam! should mention no events from Snyder-verse and should be based on thematic continuity (expansion of mythos), instead of timeline continuity. Since Flash has no solo film yet, it would be simple to make a straight up origin/semi-origin. Fold Harley Quinn into Reeves' Batman. Black Adam should be introduced in the Shazam! sequel. Recast Superman. Green Lantern and others should easily follow when the established characters have fixed continuity.

This is the smart approach. DCEU is poised for a soft reboot.

- Reintroduce Batman in Reeves film (and recast all supporting cast; sorry J.K. Simmons)
- Reintroduce Superman & Metropolis (again, recast) in a Supergirl film
- Reintroduce Hal Jordan as a veteran GL training John Stewart in a 2-film arc that’s resolved in Justice League with Jordan (A-list celebrity) passing the torch.
- Reintroduce Flash (new actor) in a solo film that explores his origins and Rogues in Central City—depending of Gunn’s Suicide Squad, we’ll see about adding Capt. Boomerang
- Continue the stories of WW, Aquaman, and Shazam in solo stories that don’t reference Snyder-verse. Depending on the director’s vision, they can be included on the team proper in Crisis on Infinite Earths, or be representatives of different realities (this opening up further casting options down the road)
- Keep Harley over there for now. Allow future films to use Poision Ivy, Batgirl, and other Gotham Sirens. Maybe loop them into Batman’s saga, or perhaps not.
- Introduce Black Adam in Shazam II

James Bond style:

Time is vague and continuity is a "Uh, maybe, whatevs"

Releasing the REAL Justice League movie and pretending that Frankenstein monster cooked up by Geoff Johns, Joss Whedon and Toby Emmerich never existed.

Eh. They can keep it.

Better question:

Why reboot Justice League?

Seriously... what's the reasoning behind it? If it's just to have a Justice League movie, then that's not really a good enough reason. All of its members can easily carry their own movies. They don't need team ups. Is it just to copy what Marvel did with Avengers? Because that didn't work last time. Is it because there's a genuine story to tell that can only be told in a Justice League movie? If so, what is it?

Releasing the REAL Justice League movie

Agreed. Bring back the real Justice League by getting Kevin Conroy, George Newbern, Susan Eisenberg, Phil LaMarr, Michael Rosenbaum, Carl Lumbly and Maria Canals-Barrera to do an animated JLU reunion flick.

tenor.gif

James Bond style:

Time is vague and continuity is a "Uh, maybe, whatevs"

That is honestly what I expect now. Batman is getting rebooted. Superman is likely next. I predict at some point they'll do a JL reboot that puts Pattinson and the new Superman alongside Gadot, Levi and Momoa (and Miller if the Flash is a hit), all while not mentioning the events of the first movie.

They'll do it straight up X-Men style by just pretending the prior movies that are being erased never happened and moving forward.

The first thing I'd do is *not* "reboot" it. While the Snyder take on the DCEU is a complete dumpster fire, there is no need to throw the baby out with the poisonous bath water. Which is to say, I'd keep Wonder Woman and Aquaman as they are; they don't need any change beyond "not being under Snyder's thumb anymore".

The rest of the cast is dicier. If the Reeves Batman reboot is successful and already released, I'd bring in Batman, because Batman. I would generally assume that Superman is a lost cause, however; fixing Superman is a task that needs more than a bit part in an ensemble movie, not with how much damage has been done. I would dump the Ezra Miller Flash, using a different Flash only if he's somehow been rebooted in the interim. I would probably also dump Cyborg, unless my scriptwriters can wow me with a compelling characterization.

So, this means I probably only have Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Batman. Who else would I use? Well, since he was popular even if his movie wasn't a massive hit, I'd bring in Shazam. He fills a niche that Superman leaves empty, while also being the bright wide eyed idealistic hero in a better way than the Miller Flash ever was. I would then introduce three new heroes: the Martian Manhunter ( played by Laurence Fishburne ), John Stewart ( played by Winston Dukes ), and Hawkgirl ( played by Karen Gillan ). Yes, this roster *is* drawing heavily from the Timm/Dini DCAU.

Now, you might say, this seems awfully alien/space heavy. And you'd be right. . . because my plot for the movie would be an *actual* space adventure. Yes, in theory they were sort of doing that the first time, but not really. This movie would involve actual space armadas, trips to other planets, and alien visitors. The villain? Mongul, who seeks to destabilize galactic diplomacy by conquering Earth and turning its people and champions into his slaves and weapons in war against other civilizations. John Stewart is the representative to the Green Lantern Corps come to help protect his homeworld, the Martian Manhunter is an ancient and powerful alien arisen from his quiet isolation by the arrival of this menace, and Hawkgirl is an agent of the Thanagarian Empire seeking to disrupt this power play.

So, net result, you have the four "existing" JLAers plus their three new allies, versus Mongul, his Warworld ( combination Death Star and gladiatorial arena ), and a sample platter of alien supervillain cameos as his minions, mercenaries, or slaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"