Iron Man 3 Howard says that not getting to Reprise his Ironman role killed his career!

Hey, he's got Movie 43 now. Perfect place for him.

hey guess what, where you're an ******* crap like this happens.

as other have said he moaned about money and some reports said he wanted top billing for iron man 2

“I had to start all over: went from making $6 million (£4 million) a movie, back to $60,000 (£40,000) a movie. But as long as you don't give up you are able... I'll make $20 million soon. Because I have learned the lessons of yesterday.”

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/terrence-howard--iron-man-killed-my-career-104839957.html

yeah its a hell of a drop, but yeah £40,000 for a few months works makes you have to live such a hard thrifty life:whatever:

His disagreements with Marvel are like Megan Fox badmouthing Micheal Bay.

If you're a nuisance in Hollywood, the news will spread and tarnish your rep

Casting Agent- So Terrance I heard you wanted a huge amount for Iron Man 2.

Terrance- Well....

Casting- Well were not going to listen to those demands and you'll be making 60,000 on this movie. Understand?

He complained so loud that everyone took notice and will now offer him the bare minimum.

What a great little article to completely justify all of the rumors that were going around why he was let go after the first IM.

Cheadle is the freakin man I am soo happy he's on board now. Howard can go shove it.

Howard is younger, taller, and more handsome than Cheadle. He would have been able to carry a solo spin-off with the right supporting cast. I don't think Cheadle carries the weight to do that any longer at this point in his career, unless War-Machine/Patriot is part of an ensemble cast. A War Machine spinoff, for the money it would cost, is simply not worth it at this juncture. So Howard and Marvel effectively killed that project by not settling their differences from the getgo. I don't know if we are ever going to see a CBM with a black actor in the lead now. I don't think John Stewart gets a film after GL bombed, and Luke Cage and Black Panther are too small to garner significant interest. Blade was ground breaking but had an established actor and played off an already popular genre. We will never get a major tentpole with a black hero in the lead for a long, LONG time.

I completely disagree with this. Cheadle just won a best actor Emmy starring as the leading man on House of Lies, his work in Hotel Rwanda blows away anything Howard has ever done. And watch him in Traitor with Guy Pearce. He has more than enough acting chops to carry his own flick imo. He just wasn't given good material in IM2.

Look at the bright side, if he is this unbalanced, this whole fiasco may have very well have saved his life. I enjoyed him in Ironman, but didn't really miss him in IM 2. I guess what I'm saying is the the guy was good, but not irreplaceable. And there is no reason, no matter how good or gifted one may be, for treating others poorly.

I heard something similar a previous poster mentioned about Howard becoming a major *****e after his outstanding performance in Hustle & Flow. He was an A-list actor right after H&F, thus the reason why Marvel signed him to help push IM to the public. Too bad, we'll never know what could've been...
For those who've never seen Hustle & Flow, Howard put forth an amazing performance.
I do like Cheadle, though.

I doubt many people knew who he was before Iron Man. Instead of being grateful for launching his career, he got greedy, and he was easily replaceable.

Sorry Cheadle is way better. People mistake Howard being better in the roll because Rhodey had a bigger roll in IM1 than IM2 (yes that's right even with WM). Rhodey was kind of a backdrop character in IM2, and they didn't get a chance to explore his and Tony's relationship. Hopefully that will change in IM3.

I personally don't have a problem with Howard, but he's not doing himself any favors by holding a grudge. Move on dude, that was 5 years ago.

I do feel like Jamie Foxx should have been Rhodey from day one. He would have had some sick chemistry with RDJ, and they're pretty close friends as well. I guess his pay grade was probably way above what Marvel was willing to offer.

T"Challa;25340313 said:
I completely disagree with this. Cheadle just won a best actor Emmy starring as the leading man on House of Lies, his work in Hotel Rwanda blows away anything Howard has ever done. And watch him in Traitor with Guy Pearce. He has more than enough acting chops to carry his own flick imo. He just wasn't given good material in IM2.

Haven't watched his new series, but headlining a TV series is not the first thing people look at when you are talking about headlining a major blockbuster. It's not like House of Lies is one of the most popular TV shows on the air either, and if so, I'm not aware of that. Rwanda was back in 2004. Traitor was forgettable, and another relatively light budget movie. Not enough there. He has the acting chops, just not the gravitas and the physical assets you need. Howard had that back in his Oscar nominated days and got too cocky. I don't blame only him or Marvel. It was a missed opportunity. I thought Cuba Gooding Jr. could have ressurected his career. Could have been another RDJ type success story. With Cheadle, they painted themselves into the corner of "just another supporting guy".

Last edited:
I dont think Cheadle looked as much like Rhodey as Howard did (at least my minds visual interpretation of war machine lol) but I agree howard appears to be a grade A *****e

I always like Don Cheadle. I remember Don Cheadle from stuff like Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and Meteor Man.

Cheadle and Howard were both in Crash but I don't remember them having scenes together.

T"Challa;25340941 said:
I do feel like Jamie Foxx should have been Rhodey from day one. He would have had some sick chemistry with RDJ, and they're pretty close friends as well. I guess his pay grade was probably way above what Marvel was willing to offer.

That would be sick if it happened !

Avi Arad wanted Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage when the character was at Columbia.

That would be sick if it happened !
His schedule would have been open to do it since he didn't have a single film come out in 2008, but it does look like he spent a good part of 2007 (when IM1 was filming) working on one of his albums. I do think that he would have commanded just as much, if not more, to play Rhodey.

I wouldn't be able to buy Jamie Foxx's character as a humorless military guy.

He'd make Rhodey dance with the flight attendants(Iron Man 1) and join in on the fun when Tony was drunk in the Iron Man suit(Iron Man 2)

Heck he'd probably DJ with goldstein too.

I wouldn't be able to buy Jamie Foxx's character as a humorless military guy.

He'd make Rhodey dance with the flight attendants(Iron Man 1) and join in on the fun when Tony was drunk in the Iron Man suit(Iron Man 2)

Heck he'd probably DJ with goldstein too.

Foxx is an actor. He has played many dramatic roles where he has not relied on his humor. Don't see why you wouldn't be able to buy him in the role of Rhodey, but okay. By the way, Rhodey is not completely humorless.

I dont think Cheadle looked as much like Rhodey as Howard did (at least my minds visual interpretation of war machine lol) but I agree howard appears to be a grade A *****e

Really??? Did you read the comics before the first Ironman movie was made???

http://**************.com/images/users/uploads/27306/WAR_MACHINE_iron_man_062511.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu_snN5hUhqYsafgW3uyo4HaBcySy7lJuNW3zUs4VfTN568N1VXw

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/rhodeyarmorbio.jpg

I'm sure Foxx can do Electro justice. I'm not one to get hung up on the race change.

I did like Howard as Rhodey in IM1, and I was too fond of Cheadle as replacement early on. However, this interview proves that Marvel was correct in sacking Howard in IM2 instead of catering to his outrageous demands.

I think he was overpaid in IM1 because back then RDJ was still a huge question mark, which many of us have forgotten, and Howard just came off an Oscar nomination from Hustle & Flow and was an 'It' actor. That doesn't justify his enormous ego nor his salary demands for the sequel, and we now can see that going with RDJ was the right move.

I'm sure Foxx can do Electro justice. I'm not one to get hung up on the race change.

I've got no problem with race-switching, either --- in the vast majority of cases in comic-book movies, race/ethnicity wasn't a crucial part to the character's persona, so making them black/latino/asian doesn't change a thing in the end analysis.

What I *am* wondering is what kind of personality Max Dillon is supposed to have in this movie. Comic-book Max is an over-the-top ubergeek who's pretty much the laughingstock of the Marvel Universe. I just can't see Foxx playing that --- my concern is that Jamie is just too cool for Electro. :oldrazz:

IIRC, Howard was cast before even Favreau was signed on as director. So he had no say in that casting decision. Howard was an Avi Arad pick while he was still in the loop. Glad he's not calling any shots anymore in the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"