The Wolverine Hugh Jackman says he's unsure about returning as Wolverine in another movie

A Necessary Evil

One. Bad. Day.
Reaction score
"I don’t know whether or not I will do this next movie. I am really proud of (The Wolverine) and I am excited to develop something with Jim Mangold from the beginning because that is a great ride. That’s exciting, to see what we come up with but I have a very high expectation of what it would need to be [for me to star in it] and if it doesn’t reach those, I won’t be doing it."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180643-hugh-jackman-unsure-about-return-as-wolverine

Yeah like Fox would devolp another wolverine film If he hadn't been willing to do It.

Plus next X-Men film will be Apocalypse.

I would be incredibly disappointed if he didn't return. Hopefully the script is really good. I don't want to see a new actor in the role just yet.

I can imagine anyone else as IronMan or Batman but I can't imagine anyone else as Wolverine.

I would love to see Wolverine becoming a Horseman and fighting the X-Men.Seeing Wolverine as the bad guy would be a refreshing change and no one can portray Wolverine better than Hugh.

Sometimes it's tricky to see someone else as a character until someone else actually does play the part. Then it's Hugh who?

I love Jackman as wolverine but if he's had enough I hope he isn't forced back when he doesn't really want to. I'm sure there's another actor out there dying to give it a go

I'm sure they will come up with something that excites Hugh, but obviously I don't want the film to happen if they don't.

I'm getting the Robert Downey Jr. contract renegotiation vibe from this story. If the web lights up with outrage at not having Hugh as Wolvie then he has more leverage to ask for billions of dollars (I know it wouldn't be billions :)).

Well, there were stories flying around this summer that he was offered $100 million to do four more movies...and those were quickly shot down as false, with Hugh saying that if he'd signed a contract like that, it would sound he was just doing them for tons of money instead of doing them because they're going to be good movies, and he didn't want to do things that way. It's basically what he's saying here, too.

James Mangold did a Twitter Q&A today, and mentioned as much as he could about the sequel...which obviously isn't much (the person asked if we'd see Omega Red next), but it's at least an indication that things appear to be moving forward.

https://twitter.com/amazon_movies/status/409057524856262657

@amazon_movies: @MNzHussain Too early to tell you that MNZ. I've got something in mind but too soon to tell. Suffice to say that everything's on the table.

I can't see Hugh not doing it...as long as it works with his schedule, and the story is good, I imagine he'll be back.

I'm hoping so. Hoping Jackman definitely comes back, like Figs said, I'm not quite ready to see someone else yet.

Yeah, he will be back. It's just way too early in the process and there is no script. This pretty much avoids a new slew of questions being thrown at him.

Hugh said that he would continue to do them as long as the story was good and interested him so I am sure with Mangold in charge again it has at least a decent chance of getting him back I and I see no reason to doubt his word.

The only question will be when its made what with Apocolypse sort of announced for 2016 will Hugh be involved without that as well?

Im sure we will find out in time but fingers crossed he comes back one more time in a stand alone Wolvie film, he will then have done 3 which is a nice round number and after wiping away the bad taste of Origins he deserves another crack at it and go out in style.

Nah, no release date yet.

Regardless of continuity going forward, I think this film should fill the two year gap between The Wolverine and the post credit sequence. I hope Yukio returns too. They're going to need to figure out another strong theme for this film, because the Wolverine tried pretty hard to be definitive in that regard.

He's not under contract, so he doesn't have to do it. But he's stated that he will do it if its something he feels is worth doing. And that is a good thing.

Regardless of continuity going forward, I think this film should fill the two year gap between The Wolverine and the post credit sequence.

That film might feel unnecessary and a "filler" though. its filling that gap that

I don't want the movie in that gap. It feels like too much jumping backwards and forwards in the timeline.

I also think it'd be a waste and irrelevant at this point. How about Mangold reclaims his staple in the X-film universe and shows us Mariko and Yukio in a post DOFP timeline?

I can't help but wonder if he's locked in or not for Age of Apocalypse since it looks like that film will follow on from Days of Future Past. It would look pretty weird if Hugh appears in DoFP, but not AoA.

I thought about this, and no, Hugh doesn't have to be in AoA. I'd rather he not be in fact, if it means we see other featured characters. Not to mention it may be set with the FC actors, and we will not know Wolverine's status after 1973.

As far as a third Wolverine movie, I don't think we should get it for some time if Hugh leaves. But I'd like to see Jackman develop another film with a similar backdrop to Origins. Maybe an alternate version of the Weapons X story as a result of the time travel. Not a movie that people would be dying to see, but down the road.

People think it is nothing maintaining that body in your mid 40's, especially when you can hire the best trainers. Frankly, it's shocking that Hugh has put as much into this as he has, but the body can only do so much.

I don't believe for a minute that Fox would put another wolverine film In Devolpment especilly with director of the Wolverine If Hugh wasn't involved
In it.

Could wolverine be absent from X-Men:Apocalypse only to return In Solo film In 2017?Sure that could happen.

I also doudt Cable In X-force will be ultimate Cable.

Well it appears from what I just read that AoA will focus only on the young cast so Hugh wont likely be involved in that one, which means he's free to do W3 sooner hopefully:woot:

Well it appears from what I just read that AoA will focus only on the young cast so Hugh wont likely be involved in that one, which means he's free to do W3 sooner hopefully:woot:

That doesn't mean Hugh won't be In Apocalpse.

And even If hugh Is absent from APocalypse id oudt another wolverine film Is coming earlier than 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"