Hugh Jackman's Workout for his insane The Wolverine Physique

Discussion in 'The Wolverine' started by slumcat, Jul 25, 2013.

1. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the movie yet (very excited!) but even from the trailers and posters and stills, it is very apparent that this is undoubtedly Hugh Jackman's best physique ever - he himself has been saying this, his director has been saying this, and now even critics and reviews are saying this now that they have seen the film.

Even his trainer thinks so and I found this fantastic interview with him where he discusses his regimen in detail.
    http://www.philstar.com/health-and-family/2013/07/23/999591/hugh-jackmans-wolverine-workout

I think what takes him to the next level is definitely the vascularity that he is showing. That's more genetic I believe because he has been asked a few times about how he gets his veins to bulge out and he says that its natural and he got it from his mother. Lucky bastard. This is truly an insane effort from Jackman to reach such a physical level and all the praise that he is getting is well deserved. Respect.

2. Anita18

Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I don't get the obsession with vascularity. I know it means your body fat is really really low but...I don't know any woman who finds that attractive on a guy. :funny:

It could be the male equivalent of thinness for women. A lot of women, sadly, wish they were supermodel thin, but I don't know any guy who finds it attractive...

But yes damn, that is impressive even if I don't find it attractive. :funny:

3. Dead Man Dann

Dead Man Dann The Failed Experiment

In Jackman's case, the goal wasn't to look good-- he's said a few times that the vascularity was meant to heighten Wolverine's animalistic qualities, to make him more frightening.

4. Anita18

That makes sense, but slumcat's "lucky bastard" comment about it made me think it was something to emulated by every guy, and that I don't agree with. :funny:

5. slumcat

Ya it's a guy thing. I would love to look like that, I think any guy would. It's not about women thinking you are looking good or not, it's about people being shocked at your appearance and saying that's insane.

6. Ajendo

Ajendo Well-Known Member

Well done to Jackman. He works hard and it pays off. Solid actor and all round talented and great guy.

7. EliteF50

EliteF50 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting! I love reading about these guys' routines.

8. Anita18

Yeah, just like I thought, it's the equivalent of extreme thinness for women. :funny:

I dunno, I'm extremely thin and I don't particularly enjoy being hated on by other women because of my natural body type. It isn't the source of my happiness and it didn't get me guys so the whole thing just makes me :huh:.

But everyone generally wants what they don't have, anyway. :cwink:

9. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Well-Known Member

Also it's natural for guys to wanna flex on each other to show who the bigger man is, literally...Guys get big in normal life the way Hugh did in this movie so they can A.) Impress the women (some of them love big muscles) or B.) Intimidate other dudes or C.) All of the above.

10. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I saw an interview about this yesterday on David Letterman.

And Hugh is really dedicated to get in shape just so Wolverine would look good in front of the cameras!

11. slumcat

Jackman talks about the trick he used to get all cut up for the Shingen fight. Dangerous, yes, but the results were outstanding.

12. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

His veins have veins!

13. psylockolussus

Wow those are heavy! Its really hard to work out for months!

14. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

He looks like the Beast concept that they had for the first X-men movie.

15. psylockolussus

16. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

I find women who obsess about their weight and other appearance issues are doing so because they want to look good for other women, not in a sexual attraction way, but in a "glad I'm not you" way.

It's the same thing with guys. It's hilarious even to see two meatheads walking past each other on the street: inevitably at least one will turn his head to check out the other guy, totally not in a gay way (as far as my practiced eye can tell) but to benchmark himself against his competition.

17. Anita18

That's exactly what I'm saying. :funny: