Hulk/Bruce Banner - Mark Ruffalo

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. AndrewGilkison Registered

Is it the culmination of his arc, though? He didn't really get sent off stage like Evans or Downy did. I don't think his story is quite over yet.

2. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Ruffalo’s contract is pretty much done and he’s spoken before that he doesn’t see himself playing Hulk forever. Plus, there’s nothing on the announced slate that would seem like an appropriate place for Hulk to have a leading role.

Seems more likely than not that Hulk’s done as far as the MCU goes.

3. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

They've only announced the next two years yet so I'd say that it's too early to draw conclusions on what's the deal with the Hulk yet.

Adhesive Boy likes this.
  4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Even then though, I don't really see where he fits in.

5. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

The most obvious would be an Avengers film. It's just too early to say though since we don't know what stories they aim to tell, so the speculation gets extremely loose.

Adhesive Boy likes this.
  6. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

I think given the state of affairs with the character and the direction of the greater MCU it’s not at all unreasonable to suggest that he’s done.

7. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

It wasn't long ago since everyone thought Thor was done, and Hemsworth's previous contract was done after Endgame, but as it was revealed he's still an active part. I think it's still clearly open in both directions for Hulk. The only thing I see as extremely unlikely is a Hulk solo, for the obvious reasons.

8. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Hemsworth was always saying, at least after Ragnarok, that he was game to return at the very least if Taika did, and that’s going back to at least 2017 where he left wriggle room to return. So it’s kind of a false analogy you’re giving there.

9. Hannibal75 Registered

Feige himself said sometime after Endgame was released that he met with Ruffalo to discuss possible future storylines for the character.
    With Stark, Cap, and Nat gone someone needs to stay from the original team to provide continuity. Heck, I won't be surprised to see in the next Avengers film that Hulk is now the leader of the team.

10. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Maybe Hulk will get added to the Disney + catalog... Seems to be the best place now to tell certain stories without having to gamble on a solo film.

11. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

That doesn't change that so many people thought there would be no more Thor films. That statement is certainly not more solid than what Feige has said about his and Ruffalo's talks and that they have ideas for the character that haven't been done yet.

12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I think this continuity is important and is what takes team A and team B and makes them more, makes the whole thing an epic ongoing storyline rather than separate arcs. This is why I have read team books with rotating rosters over decades. You don't replace the entire team in one hit. Introducing new guys while some of the old guys are around is what makes the new guys feel like an extension of the original team rather than almost a new team, even if the name stays the same. I hope Thor and Hulk stay around a while, and Hawkeye is at least appearing in a show, even if to hand over the baton (I'd rather he stays beyond that though).

13. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Feige’s comments were far more nebulous than Hemsworth actively saying he’d be willing to return for more Thor. What Feige said was basically “Yeah someday it’d be cool to see some more Hulk ideas” which is a fairly stock reply.

14. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Yeah, it was a very political answer.

Unless there's plans for Ruffalo as the character in the next five years, say a guest star in a Wolverine film, I think they might behoove themselves to recast (nothing against Mark, I think he's been quite good) and then start to seriously look at what they can do with this well known character that there is a hunger for more content from. Straighten out that Universal deal or plot out a multi film arc for Hulk appearing in other character's films.

Roose Bolton likes this.
  15. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Yeah, I think realistically they’ll let Mark step down and shelve the character for a stretch before they do anything else. The Universal situation needs to be sorted out in some shape or form before they really do anything with him again, otherwise it’s just doing deservice to both character and actor.

16. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

It doesn't matter if an actor wants to come back if the studio doesn't have any plans for him. Plus he said that before the climax of the story so it could just as well have been misdirection. Feige is the one calling the shots and has directly said that they've talked about more plans for the Hulk than they have done. Certainly a lot more meaningful than you making a deal out of that Ruffalo said that he won't play the role forever.

My stance that it's clearly possible to go both ways, and therefor no reason to be upset over the future yet, is the sound one with the available information.

17. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Well, I disagree. Nothing I’ve seen so far leads me to believe that the Hulk in the MCU is anything more than a missed opportunity that they’ll move on from without a second thought.

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  18. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

I suspect She-Hulk is waiting to take it.

19. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

[​IMG]

20. CyclopsSummers Registered

Remaining avengers seem to be disassembled, but they have to rebuild
    It seems Thor and Clint have done with µAvenger (but we dont know what could happen) Hulk, Rhody, Sam, Wanda, Spidey, Antman, Carol seem to go back in solo

Hulk or Rhody can lead to new team but I also want characters from three phases

21. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

The hulk will always be a mainstay of Marvel whether he's part of a team or not. There aren't any other characters like him unless they pull an Amadeus Cho.

22. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Did Hulk even really need an arc though? They should have just left him as he was in Avengers 1 and be the smash guy.

Give us some cool cgi Hulk out action sequences while updating his looks each film as they have.

Thor Ragnarok hit the right note and they should have just left it there until EG then maybe ease into Prof Hulk for the future in whatever film he co-stars in next.

Now it seems like a "where do we go from here?" vibe.

23. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

The Hulk and Banner have always had arcs in the Marvel world, they've never just been the big guy that smashes. He has like 7 different personas that come out.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  24. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

This isn't the comics though and it's hard to pull of arcs in an MCU when they don't have the rights to make a solo film. Considering this is what they gave us... I'm thinking they should've left him alone. Other wise we wouldn't be in here discussing this lol

#424 MrWayne, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  25. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

True. No matter how much the Russos or Markus and McFeely tried to ruin the character, Hulk remains a compelling hero and one of their bests. Too bad considering that Ruffalo is a great actor and the 1st Avenger Hulk is one of the best character in the MCU.

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.