Hulk/Bruce Banner - Mark Ruffalo

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

And not for nothing... His arc was him coming to terms with the green rage monster in himself. That's been the constant theme in every Hulk movie to date...

Yet when we get to EG he just makes a passing remark during lunch about spending 18 months in in a
    gama lab and then Boom... Best of both worlds. And that's it. His arc kinda ended there for the most part and the rest was filler.. Dude is wearing a brace maybe permanently now by the end of it.. I also found that choice a bit odd since the Russos have confirmed him being permanently damaged by the snap.

2. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

3. GreenKToo In the fire

Well, if you have to explain it.........

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Hopefully Marvel just does away with that explanation. The more The Russo's and writers explain stuff about Endgame the more disappointed I get with the movie.

Joefixit likes this.
  5. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Well that's partly the fanbase for inquiring about it.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  6. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

So Hulk is now significantly smaller, never angry, doesn’t smash and is physically disabled in one arm for life making him much weaker.......Hulk really got screwed in Endgame. Granted he didn’t get killed off so that’s a plus I guess......

#431 Kirmit, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Joefixit likes this.
  7. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Such an odd direction to take him in at the end... Wondering if there was a specific reason why or they just had no intentions of moving foreword with this character anymore. Maybe it was an FU to Universal.

#432 MrWayne, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Joefixit and AVEITWITHJAMON like this.
  8. Hannibal75 Registered

You mean Universal.

MrWayne likes this.
  9. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Thanks... Which sucks because I REALLY like Mark in the role.

Also wish when Hulk was explaining how he merged with Banner if they would have done a quick flash back sequence. At the very least show banner changing into Prof Hulk... That would have been cool I think.

Come to think of it, we haven't seen a Banner into Hulk transformation really since A1, and that's always a cool scene.. Jeez did they screw this character up! lol

#434 MrWayne, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  10. Mr. Peanut Registered

Turns out apparently they at least have the rights to make a Disney+ show with her.

It's a shame Disney+ wasn't around sooner...maybe back in phase 2 or 3 Hulk would've been high priority enough to have gotten his own minseries that couldv'e fleshed out his character arc more.

11. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Not sure if the fact that they had this She-Hulk series in the wings has anything to do with how they handled Hulk... but I'm slightly less bothered now knowing we are getting a new Hulk of some kind and I just can't see them doing this and having no MCU Hulk appearance... Surely, she will be replacing him in the MCU. Lets see where this goes.

#436 MrWayne, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  12. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

So there’s some concept art going around showing a Hulk/Thanos rematch with Hulk having the upper hand.....just makes me all the more disappointed we got nothing.

13. Abudefduf Registered

Let's post it.

[​IMG]

Joefixit likes this.
  14. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Man... do I wish I worked with Kevin Feige… We'd be talking ideas for days on end.

#439 MrWayne, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  15. Hannibal75 Registered

That seems to be from Infinity War. Hulk is still Savage Hulk and Thanos isn't wearing his armor.

16. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

This confirms that the Russo brothers either don't know much about the Hulk's history or they just didn't like the Hulk enough to do him justice. Comic Hulk has healed from nuclear blasts, being inside black holes, and jumping into lava. The fact that he's had periodic monikers like "Indestructible" and "Immortal" should have been a clear sign that even the power of the stones shouldn't have been able to harm him permanently.

Joefixit and AVEITWITHJAMON like this.
  17. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

This also points to them not knowing enough about the character since Hulk’s healing ability is far above Thanos’. As far as I’m aware Thanos is very durable but he can’t grow back limbs or organs unlike our boy Hulk.

AVEITWITHJAMON and Joefixit like this.
  18. Zorro IncognitoX

It's really depressing/disappointing and frustrating that he not only got screwed in the last two Avengers films and hasn't had a solo movie since TIH but now he probably won't appear in the MCU again until Avengers 5 and even then, She-Hulk may graduate from disney + show to film. Might as well should have just killed him!

Mark Ruffalo better make a guest appearance for at least one episode of She-Hulk!

Hopefully whoever directs or writes Avengers 5 redeems him by having his healing factor fully kick in and revert back to Ragnarok Hulk

19. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Maybe him trying to heal himself has something to do with their plans for She-Hulk and any future Hulk plans?

Also, I wonder now as its never really mentioned... Since Banner/Hulk have come to an agreement, does that mean he's always in Smart Hulk form? Has he turned back to Banner ever since the gamma lab? What would his arm look like in Banner form?? LOL

20. Zorro IncognitoX

Good questions

21. Joefixit Registered

Honestly I’m thinking differently than anyone in this thread. I say leave it alone, let that be the end of this confusing arc and let him ride off into the sunset with Iron man and Cap... Then I would like for universal to take the character back and down the road either do a part 2 to the movie The hulk, or continue the tv series after death of the Incredible Hulk .. Either way distance itself from this stuff Disney has done. I get that it’s an unpopular stance and that many people like Ruffalo, but at this point it’s pretty much done, and Disney seems to be going the route of an all female avengers anyway so....

Maybe down the road universal and Sony team up and make a Hulk / Spider-Man movie... Give them their legit powers from the comics along with their characteristics .. Like Both of them being their own characters and not so dependent on Stark..

22. Zorro IncognitoX

Ew. He at the very least deserves a proper send off than just a character saying Bruce went into hiding or got killed off..off screen

23. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

So apparently Ruffalo has said there is 'probably' more to come from Hulk in the MCU. And after his terrible treatment in IW and EG, I can't decide if I am happy or not.

24. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Where?

25. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

I know the rumor is that he'd guest in a few of she-Hulk episodes.