Endgame Hulk/Bruce Banner - Mark Ruffalo

Ah good sign! I loved Hulk in Avengers and Ragnarok but he hasn’t been used that well outside of that. I hope we get to see the best of him in upcoming films.

That's some bs! Plans better change for the better soon.

Hulk needs a proper send off or at least one more badass shining moment. He's just going to remain in the MCU as a crippled advisor in small doses once in a while?..hell nah!!!!

Well they better eventually do something!

ezgif-2-17763aa633ee.gif

I really hope they do nothing.. I’m with Lou!! They have totally destroyed the character of the hulk. I really hope both Disney and Ruffalo leave him be. There is nothing else to be done and no reason to believe they can get it right. Norton loved and revered the character including things in his film for the Tv show, comics and even video game.. Where as Ruffalo had him walking on his knuckles and just overall a weakened version of the character. He clearly knows nothing about him and is only in it to make a quick buck. It was revealed that Downey Jr brought him on, so just let him exit with Downey jr.

The MCU is established now and there is really no place for hulk in it. I hope they just let this thing run its course and maybe 10 years from now universal does a more serious reboot that’s distanced from this fiasco . Ruffalo mentions hulk battling wolverine, but last we saw hulk he only had one arm and was just a green Ruffalo .. How do we get from that to him being able to fight Wolverine ? The MCU Hulk is so weak he couldn’t last two minutes with Wolverine.. What would be interesting about that?? Another 1 minute beat down ? No thank you!!

Norton loved and revered the character including things in his film for the Tv show, comics and even video game..

Norton did not direct or write the movie. He wrote an alternate draft of the script that was rejected.

Yup. And his movie was the worst in the MCU by a comfortable margin, IMO.

My biggest gripe with End Game was not getting a great Hulk moment in the third act but I don’t understand this scorched earth “Marvel never knew what to do with him” talk when the Avengers and Ragnarok basically nailed it. It’s a shame we never got a good Hulk movie and I wish he got more to work with, but let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water here.

I’m also confident we haven’t seen the last of Banner in the MCU.

I also think Ruffalo, especially in The Avengers, played Banner with more conviction and feeling than Norton did. Norton to me felt like he was phoning it in, so seeing the above comment saying Ruffalo was obviously just “making a quick buck” was odd.

I feel like regardless of Norton or Ruffalo, neither especially did justice to the character. Ruffalo just gives a performance that’s more entertaining and lighthearted.

My issue is that they didn't know what to do with him regarding his solos. He finally starts getting some characterization in Ragnarok and Endgame and he gets the rug pulled out from under him. A movie focusing on his multiple persona disorder where he's dealing with being Savage, Joe Fixit, and Professor while trying to fight the Leader is what I'd like to see.

Honestly, something like Split in terms of performance and intensity but on a grander scale would be a perfect Hulk movie.

I wouldn't say Marvel didn't know what to do with him. But I would certainly say the Russo's didn't. He was used terribly in both Infinity War and Endgame.

Hulk was really the star of the first Avengers film in a lot of ways, he got many of the most memorable moments. His role in Ragnarok also worked very well. That's almost a buddy film, or parts of it.

Having a big Hulk out in Endgame, after the no show in Infinity War, would have been the obvious thing, but I think that Professor Hulk worked. He even gets to make fun of rage monster Hulk a little.

The rage monster aspect has always been a little limiting and one-note. It was done so well in Avengers, maybe the writers thought that it wouldn't be worth revisiting it.

It's the incarnation most people think of, that's the problem.

Isn't Marvel doing She-Hulk? I could see Bruce playing a role there.

But I'm not sure that we're likely to see the geek becomes rage monster thing again any time soon. It's a little on the nose. Even reading comics years ago I felt that way about it.

Whedon obviously loved it, but he's part of the geek culture of that era.

Personally I think Ruffalo was best (and probably Movie!Banner in general) in the first Avengers.

I thought he was fine. There were some good science bro moments with Tony, and he delivered the banter well.

I never felt a particularly strong connection between him and the role, though. A very good actor playing Banner, sure, but not Banner in particular. However, Hulk being so important to the character makes it a special case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"