Endgame Hulk/Bruce Banner - Mark Ruffalo

While the original six Avengers will get the spotlight, I think Banner/Hulk will still be relegated to more of a supporting role, with Stark, Rogers & Thor getting most of the character development. Hawkeye too.

I do think there will be a huge/significant/memorable Hulk moment, like Thor's Wakanda entry in IW.

Hulk infused with Banner's intelligence could potentially be the most dangerous/formidable hero in the MCU. You take his strength and durability, and combine that with Banner's intellect. "Professor Hulk" may not have the raw power output of a Thor or Captain Marvel, but could potentially be as formidable.

While the original six Avengers will get the spotlight, I think Banner/Hulk will still be relegated to more of a supporting role, with Stark, Rogers & Thor getting most of the character development. Hawkeye too.

I do think there will be a huge/significant/memorable Hulk moment, like Thor's Wakanda entry in IW.

Hulk infused with Banner's intelligence could potentially be the most dangerous/formidable hero in the MCU. You take his strength and durability, and combine that with Banner's intellect. "Professor Hulk" may not have the raw power output of a Thor or Captain Marvel, but could potentially be as formidable.

And that's why he likely WILL have a big Thor in Wakanda moment. There is going to be a payoff to the conflict Hulk and Banner had in IW. That will be referenced and build to in AEG with a big moment of some kind for the Jade Giant.

The Hulk moment needs to be better than Thor’s Wakanda moment as it’s going to be the reason that he didn’t even appear in IW past the first scene. The payoff need to be huge to justify that (and also losing the iconic IW trailer charge scene with Hulk involved).

I don’t expect much from the character in this one, as I imagine it’ll be Cap/Tony/Thor’s movie and Banner’s not really a main character in this series. But hopefully they can tie up his arc in a way that’s servicable enough.

I think Hulk will have his successful rematch with Thanos and will likely have a massive "holy shirt" moment in AEG.
In terms of roles i think Cap will have the meatiest one, then Iron Man, then Banner/Hulk and finally Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor.

They are keeping Banner's role very close to the chest and there's no trace of the Hulk. I'm guessing that means a substancial role in AEG. Also with the whole Professor Hulk angle... that takes time to establish and have it pay off in a interesting and cool manner.

I think Hulk will have his successful rematch with Thanos and will likely have a massive "holy ****" moment in AEG.
In terms of roles i think Cap will have the meatiest one, then Iron Man, then Banner/Hulk and finally Black Widow, Hawkeye and Thor.

They are keeping Banner's role very close to the chest and there's no trace of the Hulk. I'm guessing that means a substancial role in AEG. Also with the whole Professor Hulk angle... that takes time to establish and have it pay off in a interesting and cool manner.

I hope you’re right

Really hope Hulk gets his due here, loved IW but was so disappointed in his role there, they need to make it up to us big time.

I think Hulk will have his successful rematch with Thanos and will likely have a massive "holy ****" moment in AEG.

I can't see Hulk having a successful rematch since it makes little sense to me that one single Avenger beats Thanos. I'm sure he will have some impressive moments though.

They ain’t touching the Hulk/Natasha thing again, not with a ten foot pole.

It's not like they left that in Age of Ultron though; seeing Natasha is ultimately what broke Hulk out of his 2-year stint on Sakaar in Ragnarok, and whatever they might have was definitely alluded to in Infinity War, both the movie proper and teased in the trailers, so at the very least there's a conversation that the two need to -- and will probably -- have in Endgame.

I can't see Hulk having a successful rematch since it makes little sense to me that one single Avenger beats Thanos. I'm sure he will have some impressive moments though.
I see Thanos with the gauntlet getting overwhelmed by the team of heroes and at some point losing the gauntlet. The Professor Hulk would jump in to have another go at him. This time Hulk will have not only the brawn but also the brains, likely making him more of a dangerous opponent... Also he will come better prepared and possibly able to counter attack Thanos moves with his own blows.

Hulk got totally owned by Thanos in IW. But there was a point where with the element of surprise and sheer strength he was able to have Thanos on the ropes for a brief moment. Hulk couldn't just overwhelm Thanos and he didn't know it at the time. An intelligent Hulk will be a more dangerous Hulk. He will know when to apply pressure and when to take a step back, he will know how to control his own momentum and use it even more to his advantage.

That's how i see it.

I see Thanos with the gauntlet getting overwhelmed by the team of heroes and at some point losing the gauntlet. The Professor Hulk would jump in to have another go at him. This time Hulk will have not only the brawn but also the brains, likely making him more of a dangerous opponent... Also he will come better prepared and possibly able to counter attack Thanos moves with his own blows.

Hulk got totally owned by Thanos in IW. But there was a point where with the element of surprise and sheer strength he was able to have Thanos on the ropes for a brief moment. Hulk couldn't just overwhelm Thanos and he didn't know it at the time. An intelligent Hulk will be a more dangerous Hulk. He will know when to apply pressure and when to take a step back, he will know how to control his own momentum and use it even more to his advantage.

That's how i see it.

That would have to be a Hulk that has been out since IW and has had time to train. Being more intelligent doesn't help if you haven't had the time to practice new moves, and Banner's knowledge certainly isn't helping in the fighting department. Hulk wasn't only outskilled by Thanos either, he was overpowered as well.

He’s kind of been made redundant a bit between Thor and Captain Marvel.

I feel like Banner will sacrifice himself for Natasha for the soul stone. I think it'll be a direct parallel to the scene in The Incredible Hulk where Banner falls back out of the helicopter. I think its safe to say Bruce & Natasha still love each other and perhaps Banner sacrifices himself to Natasha for her to retrieve the soul stone as a part of their mission. Maybe they argue about what needs to happen and the scene parallels the helicopter moment & Banner in the end does what needs to be done in helping to undo the decimation. I'm sure Hulk will have other great moments throughout but at the end of his story, my money is on him changing back to Banner on Vormir, and sacrificing himself.

D3lw8EBUwAEqq-w.jpg:large

Last edited:
A heroic death would probably be the best way to conclude his arc in the MCU. It’d give the film that little bit of extra dramatic weight and resolve the strange limbo state he exists in due to the rights situation.

A heroic death would probably be the best way to conclude his arc in the MCU. It’d give the film that little bit of extra dramatic weight and resolve the strange limbo state he exists in due to the rights situation.

Agreed; it would be the best option.

A little apprehensive about Hulk this time around. Loved that they finally had him talking in Ragnarok (about damn time!), but felt like they got the balance right there. If these rumors pan out about melding his mind with Banner and we're getting "professor Hulk" this time around, ehh, I always hated that crap.

Still, Extremis is an idea I hate on paper, and IM3's still top two or three MCU movies for me, so wait and see I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"