Endgame Hulk/Bruce Banner - Mark Ruffalo

Technically Hulk aragdolled Thor in Ragnarok as well (which isn't really impressive since Thor is like 3 or 4 times smaller than Hulk).

Staggering Surtur who is the size of a mountain >>> stopping the leviathan.

Thor rocked Hulk in ragnorok! Hulk took a blow from Thor’s Hammer in Avengers and shook it off, he was staggered in Ragnorok.

Doesn’t really matter though, I love Hulk and Thor is really one of my favorites and both received a raw deal in this movie, but at least Thor gets redemption at the end.

Huh? Why are there so many complaints about Hulk in the movie?

Without going into spoiler territory, there may not be as much "Hulk smash" in the movie as fans would like, but he does something in this movie that is absolutely mind-blowing and critical.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Hulk in this movie, he was one of the highlights for me.

Really?? I honestly had to just look past him.. To me he was not Hulk or Banner, but mainly just ruffalo in paint. I loved the movie though!! Great ending!! I also loved watching the avengers 1 extended scenes of the Hulk. That was good stuff. I’m happy you enjoyed the movie..

Without going into spoiler territory, there may not be as much "Hulk smash" in the movie as fans would like, but he does something in this movie that is absolutely mind-blowing and critical.

They missed a Golden opportunity to capitalize and bring out the real Hulk. They could have made that cheesy relationship in age of ultron have huge ramifications on the final Battle! Hulk could have been absolutely enraged and got stronger with that rage, but instead he was a pacifist. Even smart Hulk was never like this.. smh... But again.. this movie was not about him, but rather about closing out the og avengers.. and to that it succeeded.. Thor gets to go on and he has Black panther and Spidey along with the guardians to team with.. Should be some interesting stories.

Not to mention we got this moment in live action:
latest

Yeah as much as I would have loved to see Hulk unleashed again I have to admit that I did enjoy the stuff with professor Hulk for the most part. His interactions with some of the characters was a lot of fun IMO, especially Scott and Rocket.

It still kind of sucks that we didn't get that rematch with Thanos though.

Even if this hulk wasn't likeable as a character, he still
wielded the Gauntlet & undid The Decimation. That takes strength, power & durability only a handful of characters in the MCU possess. It was an amazing feat.

Definitely, but
it was still saddening that we never truly got to see him fight. It would be awesome to see what he could do with some smarts behind his smashing.

Yeah, I’m not arguing or saying anyone is wrong for liking the direction they took the character, I’m just saying that it’s different from any hulk I have ever seen. He doesn’t come across as to smart and he still is a bit of comic relief. The callback to avengers 1 made me happy these guys had nothing to do with that.. They took a total iconic movie and played it for laughs. I still enjoyed the Hulk scenes though ( in avengers 1) and honestly had very few problems with this movie as a whole. I just want the hulk to be done. I can’t stomach any more outings like these last two and honestly feel that the character has finished his story . This truly was the superhero movie to end all superhero movies though, but I felt they missed the mark on the Hulk. That’s a fair assessment right ?

Definitely, but
it was still saddening that we never truly got to see him fight. It would be awesome to see what he could do with some smarts behind his smashing.
I don't know if that true rage could be summoned in that mode. He was basically strong green Banner but I don't believe he really had that Hulk rage. That rage came from a different place. He did have a great moment helping with reversing the snap.

Only thing i can say....(from watching all of russos' superhero movie), they don't know how to utilize Hulk. Don't get me wrong, the russos were awesome in how they handled Captain America and Ironman but it looks like they missed the mark with Hulk.

Its the same as how whedon did not get Thor and Captain America in the first 2 avengers movie. There were as bland as sarah huckabee sanders.

At least Hulk and Banner are still alive and well in MCU..... Hopefully the next batch of movies will do more justice to them.

I think the bigger problem is less his amount of action and more that

The culmination of his character arc happens entirely offscreen and is played as a joke. We never see any kind of resolution to the two personas, it’s just mentioned as a clumsy joke that Ruffalo rushes through. He’s the only major Avenger who doesn’t get a proper dramatic conclusion.

I think the bigger problem is less his amount of action and more that

The culmination of his character arc happens entirely offscreen and is played as a joke. We never see any kind of resolution to the two personas, it’s just mentioned as a clumsy joke that Ruffalo rushes through. He’s the only major Avenger who doesn’t get a proper dramatic conclusion.
I was going to say “Does anyone else think the conclusion to Hulk/Banner’s arc was completely skipped over?” Guess the answer is yes.

I was immensely disappointed at how Hulk/Banner was basically the technobabble guy in Endgame.

With all the things that are said, even by some die-hard Hulk fans, it appears that in the end it is all about personal taste, expectations, personal motivation to go watch movies like that and whether one insists on "continuity" and inherent logic.

I went to this movie with two very fleshed out expectations: I wanted to see bad-ash Thor (and I would have not minded if his screen time was reduce as opposed to IW) and a rematch of Hulk with Thanos. I know people will call me a hater, but I do not care so much for dialogues, street level strength heroes: I want the heavy hitters. That being said, I always was Team Iron Man and frankly, since then I simply cannot stand Cap (no offense, personal opinion, no discussion necessary). It is thus logical that I did not like the movie as Cap was the better Thor, for instance. However, this is about Hulk.

It simply beats me what the Russos were thinking. How, I wonder, did they discuss the Hulk's future in the movie? They must have been aware of the fans' feedback after the Hulk was, first, beaten to oblivion, and secondly, never to be seen in Wakanda, as teased in the trailer. That was a major build up, a tease unlike anything else. Watching Endgame, for Hulk fans at least, must have felt like going on a date, being invited up for coffee and then getting just that, bland coffee. A major tease that tied into exactly the opposite of what "we" wanted.

So, I ask again, what do you guys the Russos thought and brainstormed about? There must have been plans for a rematch. What pivotal thought did they have that made them believe that it is better to let Hulk NOT smash anything, except for a wooden bench? bad place, even when he was supposed to smash he acted embarrassed.

I enjoyed Hulk in this movie, he was one of the highlights for me.

It was the bit where he seen himself during the first Avengers movie how crazy he was and he was sort of repulsed and the Cap tells him to smash a few things along the way to blend it.

Banner rips his shirt off and says something like "this is so gratuitous" and just starts smashing things but incredibly gently compared to his counterpart, that part nearly had me in tears laughing:funny:

I don't know if that true rage could be summoned in that mode. He was basically strong green Banner but I don't believe he really had that Hulk rage. That rage came from a different place. He did have a great moment helping with reversing the snap.

He's still super strong, though. He said himself that he combined his brain and brawn. So we should have gotten a chance to see that in action. A smarter, more level headed version of the Hulk.

Yeah, he did have one really great moment (though not an action scene), but outside of that one instance he may as well have not been the Hulk at all. Like, if he had only turned into Professor Hulk immediately before putting on the gauntlet, and then immediately reverted back after using it, the events of the movie would be exactly the same.

For the most part, the only reason he was in Hulk form is because of the comedic effect. And yeah, he was legitimately funny throughout the movie, just as fat Thor was legitimately funny, but sometimes it feels like they go too far for the sake of humor. What's really weird, though, is that the Russos were previously always the guys who were least susceptable to this, but it seems they're now fully on board the comedy train with the rest of the MCU.

I was pretty disappointed with how Hulk was portrayed.
He had his moment tho.

Do we see old Hulk talking at all?

Do we see old Hulk talking at all?
yes. He complains about stairs. You’ll see. Honestly, it was the only part of the movie involving Hulk that I enjoyed.

The stuff with Hulk raging out about taking the stairs was great lol. That whole time travel back to the 2012 Battle of NY had some really good moments, but the scenes with 2012 Hulk were definitely the highlights along with pretty much everything involving Cap as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"