Infinity War Hulkamania running wild! The HULK thread

For me though, to make up for the lack of Hulk in IW, it needs to be THE moment of Avengers 4. However, I can see that moment going to Iron Man, Cap (as it's their last appearance) or Captain Marvel (as they will want to show how powerful she is).

Had my 2nd viewing the other night, and Hulk's lack of screen time is my one major disappointment.

Agree 100%, given how much of a big deal & joke they made of Hulk 'refusing to come out', he can't just decide show up in A4 for the next big fight. I am hoping that something happens in A4 that triggers an epic rage from Hulk.

Regardless of what actually happens in A4, I'm still very disappointed with the Banner/Hulk character(s) in IW.

Ragnarok: Hulk without Banner
Infinity War: Banner without Hulk
Avengers 4: they finally become one

What people seem not to comprehend. This is the mini-arc. The first incredible Hulk dealt with showing us Banner always trying to resist Hulk. But once he gave in he learned to give in to the anger and aim it towards the enemies which we see prominent in The Avengers but starting to fail as a strategy with them needing a failsafe(Black Widow) to prevent Banner from staying Hulk. Which ultimately fails as the Hulk realizes and decides not to go back.

We see Hulk completely take over in Ragnarok finally getting enough freedom to develop a personality, which after years of being stunted in growth by Banner has just developed speech and become more intelligent than "Puny and Smash" being the only words in his vocabulary.

Banner comes back for a moment and literally tells us Hulk has taken over and locked Banner away proving that Hulk is his own personality now that likes to be out as much as Banner. However Banner holding him back for all these years instead of working to further this personality as a part of him. Has limited Hulk hence why he got spanked by Thanos.

He doesn't want to come out because Banner is holding him back. Not because of fear. Banner will agree to let complete control go to the Hulk for a dire situation in IW.

Agree 100%, given how much of a big deal & joke they made of Hulk 'refusing to come out', he can't just decide show up in A4 for the next big fight. I am hoping that something happens in A4 that triggers an epic rage from Hulk.

Regardless of what actually happens in A4, I'm still very disappointed with the Banner/Hulk character(s) in IW.

Agreed.

What people seem not to comprehend. This is the mini-arc. The first incredible Hulk dealt with showing us Banner always trying to resist Hulk. But once he gave in he learned to give in to the anger and aim it towards the enemies which we see prominent in The Avengers but starting to fail as a strategy with them needing a failsafe(Black Widow) to prevent Banner from staying Hulk. Which ultimately fails as the Hulk realizes and decides not to go back.

We see Hulk completely take over in Ragnarok finally getting enough freedom to develop a personality, which after years of being stunted in growth by Banner has just developed speech and become more intelligent than "Puny and Smash" being the only words in his vocabulary.

Banner comes back for a moment and literally tells us Hulk has taken over and locked Banner away proving that Hulk is his own personality now that likes to be out as much as Banner. However Banner holding him back for all these years instead of working to further this personality as a part of him. Has limited Hulk hence why he got spanked by Thanos.

He doesn't want to come out because Banner is holding him back. Not because of fear. Banner will agree to let complete control go to the Hulk for a dire situation in IW.

Everyone is well aware what the arc is. But choosing to do it in the biggest team up movie ever? Yeah,that's what people have a problem with. It should have been earlier, or not at all. Plus the arc wasn't conveyed clearly in IW as many people thought Hulk was too scared to come out, hence why the Russo's had to explain it in an interview weeks after the movie came out.

In the biggest team up movie ever, people want to see Hulk kicking ass. I don't mind him getting his ass kicked by Thanos, as he always does. But then to not see him again for the rest of the movie was a huge disappointment. And I say this as someone who loved the movie, as you can see from my sig.

It's not just the biggest team-up ever. It is possibly the end of Hulk's arc in the MCU, so this is a logical end point. The point of these 2 films is to bring closure to the OG Avengers, not just always have them showing constant displays of power. Hulk will get his due next film as it is a natural progression of his arc.

It's not just the biggest team-up ever. It is possibly the end of Hulk's arc in the MCU, so this is a logical end point. The point of these 2 films is to bring closure to the OG Avengers, not just always have them showing constant displays of power. Hulk will get his due next film as it is a natural progression of his arc.

If this is the end of Hulks showings in the MCU then it makes even less sense to do this particular arc now, and makes his lack of screen time in IW even more disappointing.

Why doesn't it make sense to do now?

Why doesn't it make sense to do now?

I don’t think "making sense" is right.

It’s more like it’ll be a waste if they finally do this massive Hulk moment in A4 where Hulk and Banner become one and then stop using him.

I'm fine with Hulk's treatment as I think there'll be some type of payoff in the next one. Whether it's a satisfying one remains to be seen. But if it's some sort of a flashback to Avengers 1 like the set photos, then there's a strong chance Hulk gets to shine again cuz we know he was a baddass then. So not worried about Russos leaving Hulk to dry. They're playing the long game and for a ridiculously powerful character like Hulk, that's the best way to go.

Also, Russos are quite good at tieing loose ends. For instance, they didn't have to acknowledge the awkward Bruce /Natasha thing but they gave it a quick nod and moved on. Played for jokes sure, but there was really nothing there to work with to begin with. Also, with limited screen time, they set up Vision and SW arc quite nicely I thought.

I'm fine with Hulk's treatment as I think there'll be some type of payoff in the next one. Whether it's a satisfying one remains to be seen. But if it's some sort of a flashback to Avengers 1 like the set photos, then there's a strong chance Hulk gets to shine again cuz we know he was a baddass then. So not worried about Russos leaving Hulk to dry. They're playing the long game and for a ridiculously powerful character like Hulk, that's the best way to go.

Also, Russos are quite good at tieing loose ends. For instance, they didn't have to acknowledge the awkward Bruce /Natasha thing but they gave it a quick nod and moved on. Played for jokes sure, but there was really nothing there to work with to begin with. Also, with limited screen time, they set up Vision and SW arc quite nicely I thought.

I just hope it’s is not a thing where Tony and Steve reset the timeline and they go back and fight that same wakandan battle and insert the hulk part back in there where we know it’s supposed to be. I really hope It’s different than that scenario .. I’m hoping Hulk gets his redemption against Thanos. I know Thor fans want Thor to deliver the final blow, but honestly Hulk has been embarrassed more and really needs this. If nothing else then a team up beat down of thanos would be ok. But who knows.

If it is just a rehash and they just put the omitted scene with the hulkbuster back in there, I will just be happy we got that.. With marvel these days Hulk is not really a top priority, so we take what we can get.

I just hope it’s is not a thing where Tony and Steve reset the timeline and they go back and fight that same wakandan battle and insert the hulk part back in there where we know it’s supposed to be. I really hope It’s different than that scenario .. I’m hoping Hulk gets his redemption against Thanos. I know Thor fans want Thor to deliver the final blow, but honestly Hulk has been embarrassed more and really needs this. If nothing else then a team up beat down of thanos would be ok. But who knows.

If it is just a rehash and they just put the omitted scene with the hulkbuster back in there, I will just be happy we got that.. With marvel these days Hulk is not really a top priority, so we take what we can get.

I hear ya. To me, it doesn't have to be who gets payback or who deals the final blow on Thanos per se. If it happens, then that's awesome. If not, there are other minor moments of courage that could make lasting impressions and be seen as character redemption. For instance, Thor's Wakanda arrival, Cap holding off Thanos grasp... or going back to Avengers 1 with Hulk punching Leviathan or catching Tony's fall from the wormhole.. There'll be moments such as these for Hulk I just gotta feeling the Russos will do him right and round off his arc quite nicely I would hope.

As there is so much of other stuff they need to cover I don’t see it getting the screen time it needs and can see it being rushed and unsatisfactory.

Hence why it is being spread over 2 films. 3 if you count Ragnarok.

Honestly, the Hulk vs Thanos things happened so fast and was so quickly edited that it was over with before I realized it and was like ehhhhh.... I get that its to show us how powerful a foe Thanos is but I almost felt like it was a waste of a scene.

Honestly, the Hulk vs Thanos things happened so fast and was so quickly edited that it was over with before I realized it and was like ehhhhh.... I get that its to show us how powerful a foe Thanos is but I almost felt like it was a waste of a scene.

One of the best parts of the film for me. I loved the fact that 2 OP characters were put in a intimate setting with real tactical, grounded choreography. I liked that it wasn't another typical sending a guy across the room with a punch creating soundwaves you've seen in countless movies. It was unexpected. It was short.. But boy was it sweet!

I'm cool with how they treated Hulk in this. We got a badass confrontation in the first 5 mins of the film that satisfied me. They're saving all of the triumphant "hero" moments for Avengers 4.

My only thing is, and this is just me personally, I'm not at all a big fan of the "baby hulk" persona that Taika Waititi created and that they seem to be carrying over. The hulk I like is the Hulk we saw in Incredible Hulk and The Avengers and during the arena fight with Thor in Ragnarok. THAT's my Hulk, the loveably badass ogre. Thats the hulk I grew up loving not the "WHY wont Thor be Hulk friend?!" version. I'm hoping they grow him up a little bit in A4 going forward.

I'm cool with how they treated Hulk in this. We got a badass confrontation in the first 5 mins of the film that satisfied me. They're saving all of the triumphant "hero" moments for Avengers 4.

My only thing is, and this is just me personally, I'm not at all a big fan of the "baby hulk" persona that Taika Waititi created and that they seem to be carrying over. The hulk I like is the Hulk we saw in Incredible Hulk and The Avengers and during the arena fight with Thor in Ragnarok. THAT's my Hulk, the loveably badass ogre. Thats the hulk I grew up loving not the "WHY wont Thor be Hulk friend?!" version. I'm hoping they grow him up a little bit in A4 going forward.

https://lrmonline.com/news/infinity-war-writers-on-whether-thanos-is-more-powerful-than-hulk/

I'm thinking Hulks arc ends wih Hulk maturing one way or anther and Banner coming to terms with sharing the body all the same.

QUOTE=ernesth100;36677767]I'm thinking Hulks arc ends wih Hulk maturing one way or anther and Banner coming to terms with sharing the body all the same.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don’t know that the writers care about Hulk or his arc based on what I read. They were adamant that hulk is no match for Thanos even without the glove, but we have read otherwise in the comics. Thanos has said he avoids conflict with the Hulk, but according to the writers this isn’t even up for debate.

Just reading their statements on the matter makes me think they haven’t even looked into any history between the two characters, just a plot device for the movie to put Thanos over. That’s really discouraging to read, knowing that the character is in the hands of people who could care less. Smh
....Potential spoilers follow ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hulk being split from Banner is another thing that concerns me. History tells us this never works, but yet this is being talked about like it’s a great resolution. I can understand suspending belief for a comic book movie, but all of this seems like a blatant disregard for the history of the character in order to serve as a plot device and a happy ending to a movie.. [/SPOILER]

Hence why it is being spread over 2 films. 3 if you count Ragnarok.

3 films in which he isn’t the main character. An arc like this needs a Hulk solo movie. Which we aren’t getting anytime soon I know, but for me the IW part of the ‘arc’ was wholly unsatisfying.

3 films in which he isn’t the main character. An arc like this needs a Hulk solo movie. Which we aren’t getting anytime soon I know, but for me the IW part of the ‘arc’ was wholly unsatisfying.
I didn't mind him getting beaten by Thanos. It was just not seeing him again and too much Ruffalo that was annoying.

I didn't mind him getting beaten by Thanos. It was just not seeing him again and too much Ruffalo that was annoying.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. For me, he should lose to Thanos, but then him hiding the rest of the movie was incredibly frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"