Hurt talks Iron Man/Hulk!

Honest mistakes I can handle.

No, it's because of the very intentional defeatist attitude that he carries about TIH. He draws attention to himself as being the one person who's bent on being sour... and loves it IMO. Well, I have no respect for that. You would have to know the history of his posts to know what I'm talking about... but I see what you're saying. I could just accept it and move on - and for the most part I do - but when someone expresses surprise, in effect commends Jamon for finally being positive, and Jamon turns around & manifests himself as a jerkweed, well then he rightfully deserves the backlash he's getting.

Intentional defeatist attitude? I don't know about that. I was getting called out just like Jamon for my views in the videogame thread... but all in all if we want a pessimistic view on something, or if something doesn't sound good to us, we are allowed to say it.

He does it in a civilized manner, where as many with opposing views about Ang's Hulk consistently jump in from time to time and say "It sucks!" out of no where with no back up to their statements.

There is no reason for him to have any other view on the movie than he wants, even if he is the only one against it (and he's not.) I go into the Bat forums time to time, and say "I don't like the Joker for such and such reason but I'll give the movie a try" which is essentially what he's done on several occasions.

He doesn't wish ill will on the project, it just seems to him that Ang's is more of what he wanted to see. I am sure he's going to give the new one a go, and he may like it, may not.

But on the chance that he doesn't, I won't be scolding him for his view.

Well, that's just it. It's not his view; it's his attitude. Up until the article, virtually everything was negative. Face it, if we're in a department store, Jamon is the customer who's never happy. The customer who can't be pleased, no matter what concession you make. And that's no fun for anyone. Now, if y'all are approving of his behavior, then I guess I'm outnumbered... but at least you know where I stand.

Well, that's just it. It's not his view; it's his attitude. Up until the article, virtually everything was negative. Face it, if we're in a department store, Jamon is the customer who's never happy. The customer who can't be pleased, no matter what concession you make. And that's no fun for anyone. Now, if y'all are approving of his behavior, then I guess I'm outnumbered... but at least you know where I stand.

We just don't see the same attitude you do. I've seen attitude in some posters that are fairly well known around here which really do bug me (which I won't name names because I don't like to single out people,) but not so much Jamon.

Who, Silver Knight? Vegeta_1000? Yeah, I've had my run-ins with them too. Vegeta hasn't been around in some time... but it wasn't me who ganged up on him and, I think, led him to leave. See, it's never my goal that people leave altogether (or to gang up on people), just that they wise up a little. Jamon is proving that he's entirely unwilling to do that and it's shown in his condescending remarks. He'd rather be a poor sport than offer his unwavering support of TIH. Again, I can't respect that.

Who, Silver Knight? Vegeta_1000? Yeah, I've had my run-ins with them too. Vegeta hasn't been around in some time... but it wasn't me who ganged up on him and, I think, led him to leave.

Haha no no no, just several posters I see throughout all forums rather than just Hulk. Just a few personal peeve posters, not so much ones people usually gang up on.

Oh, well in that case, if we're considering the broad universe of Internet blogging, forums, etc., then I too can say with a fair amount of certainty that SHH! posters make saints of other despicable people. I'm somewhat of a sports fanatic and some of the people who typically frequent forums pertaining to college football, for example, make a daily routine out of all-out verbal bloodbaths.

If those were actually the dates, that means both their sequels would be out in four years.

Then four years of rest. To do whatever films they want.

And then one big bang at the end.

I think they'd stay around that long, especially if the movies are successful.

Yea but they're not actual dates and there's no telling what other films they may want to do in between and how long those would take.

Is it only me or would it not be cooler to have Avengers sandwiched in between some of the solo films? The schedule above just seems top-heavy/front-loaded... seems to place an enormous amount of pressure on Avengers to be "it" (as a finale), when it could be more fun and probably more lucrative to have more solo films after Avengers. Realize they could still do fourth installments of IM and TIH, or Thor 2 and Cap 2, but to me, if Marvel has hugely successful first or second IM and TIH movies (the two most central Marvel characters after Spider-Man), then that would be the time to get in Avengers -- not after IM 3 and TIH 3, when the franchises will be on their way out.

That probably makes more sense... they should also keep it to one MAJOR tentpole per summer to avoid overloading...

2009 Thor, (Bullsh:t movie to the deadline)
2010 IM 2, Captain America (Not exactly low budget but to make up for the 09 strike)
2011 Hulk 2, Nick Fury
2012 Thor 2, Ant-Man
2013 Avengers
2014 I.M 3
2015 Hulk 3/Thor 3
2016 Avengers 2 (New roster)

Why is Jamon an idiot because he isn't impressed with what he sees? It's not like he attacks you for thinking differently from him (like you are doing to him) and why is it a bad thing that he found something he didn't like in the article?
May I add an opinion from the "outside" looking in? I believe that it seems that BH feels Jamon can't be optimistic about TIH. He always seems to find something, anything wrong with the movie like he has a secret alliance to Ang Lee's movie. Don't get me wrong, you can love the 2003 version, but unfair comparisons or negative comments are unwarrented until the product surfaces and has been viewed. Reserve judgement until then. Now, when you state you like or enjoy something (article) and then change your stance when someone agrees with you. It shows either you just don't want to be on the same page with someone or you need to just be different. Maybe Jamon dislikes BH. We all have differences of opinion, but not intentionally. Its like being a politician. First, you agree on something or make a positive comment. When someone is surprised at your position, you change your opinion to be different....or maybe you don't want to be on the same page with the person who made the comment. Too complicated? Whatever the problem is, the 2003 movie has no bearing on this current production. IMHO, Ang Lee almost ruined the Hulk franchise with too much emotional bs. Nice try. TIH will stand on its own merit. My stance is we have heard so much negative stuff already. Can we give it a rest until WE SEE something? So much space on these boards are filled with alot of rhetoric and little substance. Let's get to the meat of a subject without getting overly critical. BH is very passionate about the Hulk and I'm sure Jamon is also. Life is too short to waste time in verbal war. No one wins except the mods (not really fair, but that's life). So, anyone wanna discuss the movie or do we bicker till we bleed?

Oh I did; he just doesn't realize it. Senility is creeping up on him, I'm afraid. Or it's worse... see below.

Grow up? I'm not the one riding the short bus to work everyday. But they probably let you ride on the Big Bus from time to time, don't they? I mean, that must be good for your self-esteem, right?

Ah well. The fact you "still liked 90% of the article" isn't what makes you an ass. What makes you an ass is the fact that you went back to find the 10% percent you wouldn't like. And, well, also the fact that you're in bed with Ang Lee's Hulk.

But enough chatter. I think your village is calling for you...

I'm going senile at 25? OOOOOOOOOkay, i didnt go back to find something i didnt like i went back to read more i liked and found ONE thing i didnt.

It doesn't, really. Jamon's just a little too transparent all-around. With the exception of the article, I'd say he's about 90/10 against TIH being a good movie. He finally says something positive about TIH, I express surprise and what else... he goes back to the article to find something negative. As I said, transparent.

Do you really think i give that much of a **** about your opinion that i particularly found something i didnt like to spite you? Do you really think i have the time to do that when i work everyday? Come on, i think its you who wanting the attention.

To get even more technical, I was surprised even before reading your comment. You were just first in articulating the thought. I was probably going to withhold judgment, though, to be honest... wait to see how long TIH's favor in the eyes of Jamon would last. And, well, it wasn't long as we now know. As soon as people started expressing surprise, Jamon insisted on finding something negative... in predictable fashion.

And I'm not on a bashing rampage, necessarily. I don't know what it is. Just annoyed by idiots, I guess.

SO i'm an idiot now? Just because i didnt like something you did.

What a completely immature outlook you have.

Listen, if you dont like my posts so much, dont bother reading them, its obvious you have a problem with people who think differently than you do.

And in all honesty, i didnt even see the post about you saying you were surprised, i saw CJ's and replied to it.

And if i am such a negativity hound, why did i post i liked what i heard in the first place?

Honestly get a grip.

ya ever wonder why there’s so much cotton in an aspirin bottle? Why don’t they call it a cotton bottle with aspirin in it? :oldrazz: :woot:

ya ever wonder why there’s so much cotton in an aspirin bottle? Why don’t they call it a cotton bottle with aspirin in it? :oldrazz: :woot:

Not until reading this thread. Never needed that much aspirin before.

May I add an opinion from the "outside" looking in? I believe that it seems that BH feels Jamon can't be optimistic about TIH. He always seems to find something, anything wrong with the movie like he has a secret alliance to Ang Lee's movie. Don't get me wrong, you can love the 2003 version, but unfair comparisons or negative comments are unwarrented until the product surfaces and has been viewed. Reserve judgement until then. Now, when you state you like or enjoy something (article) and then change your stance when someone agrees with you. It shows either you just don't want to be on the same page with someone or you need to just be different. Maybe Jamon dislikes BH. We all have differences of opinion, but not intentionally. Its like being a politician. First, you agree on something or make a positive comment. When someone is surprised at your position, you change your opinion to be different....or maybe you don't want to be on the same page with the person who made the comment. Too complicated? Whatever the problem is, the 2003 movie has no bearing on this current production. IMHO, Ang Lee almost ruined the Hulk franchise with too much emotional bs. Nice try. TIH will stand on its own merit. My stance is we have heard so much negative stuff already. Can we give it a rest until WE SEE something? So much space on these boards are filled with alot of rhetoric and little substance. Let's get to the meat of a subject without getting overly critical. BH is very passionate about the Hulk and I'm sure Jamon is also. Life is too short to waste time in verbal war. No one wins except the mods (not really fair, but that's life). So, anyone wanna discuss the movie or do we bicker till we bleed?

I couldn't agree more. BTW is this Ed Norton? :wow:

I appeal to this post. The bolded part in particular. Now let Jamon go at RotH...

Basically, you don't want to hear anything bad about this movie, you just want to hear good things about it.

Rubbish. At this point, none of us have seen the film, therefore whatever anyone has to say means absolutely nothing to anyone, because nobody can be right. Even if Jamon absolutely refuses to like anything about this movie (which doesn't seem to be the case, considering that he admits he likes what he hears in the arcticle) the simple fact is, if he doesn't like the film, its his loss, and nothing that really can affect you. For all you know, you could end up not liking it. And I guarantee that you won't judge Jamon as harshly if that happens.

There's something to be said about going into the movie with a positive or defeatist attitude, however. The way I see it, you can like the movie now... and like the movie later. There's no good reason for carrying a defeatist attitude. Yet, if you take in the whole body of Jamon's posts all the way up to and through this article, you don't find anything else. But that's fine. He can be grumpy now... and be grumpy later. The pressure's on. Will he or won't he drastically change his view? Good luck...

Basically, you don't want to hear anything bad about this movie, you just want to hear good things about it.

Rubbish. At this point, none of us have seen the film, therefore whatever anyone has to say means absolutely nothing to anyone, because nobody can be right. Even if Jamon absolutely refuses to like anything about this movie (which doesn't seem to be the case, considering that he admits he likes what he hears in the arcticle) the simple fact is, if he doesn't like the film, its his loss, and nothing that really can affect you. For all you know, you could end up not liking it. And I guarantee that you won't judge Jamon as harshly if that happens.

Ah yes, Prefix...or should I call you Premature as in your assumption of a rebuttal to my post. First, you don't know me or of me, so your opinion of me or my post is moot. Your defense of attempt to is duly noted (Jamon needs no defense as he is not being attacked by me). Secondly, I was involved with the production of TIH (set design) and know firsthand what kind of movie it is and what awaits us on the entertainment level. So, I have seen it first hand. Furthermore, as anyone else here, you are entitled to write anything you like and express whatever your heart desires, but, you might want to state fact or have some before you have your soapbox of a moment here on the boards with me. Know who you are writing to before you remark or know the history of the two involved. I am not interested in having a war of words with you, but I must let you know the rules of engagement. You must be fully armed with facts to back up your statements or your post directed at me is pointless. IMHO, TIH will be good and that is my opinion (I guess I feel like a proud parent). Wait and reserve your comments until you see it. Until then, don't waste my time with your fruitless diatribe.

Ah yes, Prefix...or should I call you Premature as in your assumption of a rebuttal to my post. First, you don't know me or of me, so your opinion of me or my post is moot. Your defense of attempt to is duly noted (Jamon needs no defense as he is not being attacked by me). Secondly, I was involved with the production of TIH (set design) and know firsthand what kind of movie it is and what awaits us on the entertainment level. So, I have seen it first hand. Furthermore, as anyone else here, you are entitled to write anything you like and express whatever your heart desires, but, you might want to state fact or have some before you have your soapbox of a moment here on the boards with me. Know who you are writing to before you remark or know the history of the two involved. I am not interested in having a war of words with you, but I must let you know the rules of engagement. You must be fully armed with facts to back up your statements or your post directed at me is pointless. IMHO, TIH will be good and that is my opinion (I guess I feel like a proud parent). Wait and reserve your comments until you see it. Until then, don't waste my time with your fruitless diatribe.
I love how you basically assume that just because I defended Jamon I also have a negative opinion of the movie. How was I supposed to know you were involved in the set design? I'm not psychic! Even so, that just proves you are just unwilling to hear anything bad said about this movie. Not everybody has to like it just because you made some sets. I would've thought someone in the movie business would've realised movies are up for interpretation.

I love how you basically assume that just because I defended Jamon I also have a negative opinion of the movie. How was I supposed to know you were involved in the set design? I'm not psychic! Even so, that just proves you are just unwilling to hear anything bad said about this movie. Not everybody has to like it just because you made some sets. I would've thought someone in the movie business would've realised movies are up for interpretation.

Basically, you don't want to hear anything bad about this movie, you just want to hear good things about it. (Wrong. I say how can you critique something without seeing it or say something negative when you have nothing to sustain your opinion. It is an empty comment.)

Rubbish. At this point, none of us have seen the film, (Yeah, how are you supposed to know I was involved. Therefore, know before you speak. Ask questions, get answers and then write.) therefore whatever anyone has to say means absolutely nothing to anyone, because nobody can be right. Even if Jamon absolutely refuses to like anything about this movie (which doesn't seem to be the case, considering that he admits he likes what he hears in the arcticle) the simple fact is, if he doesn't like the film, its his loss, and nothing that really can affect you. (You're right, it won't affect me. I am beyond that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you.) For all you know, you could end up not liking it.(Won't happen because of my involvement and that isn't a biased opinion, its because I have seen it) And I guarantee (The only thing you can guarantee in life is nothing. We are constantly learning every day (hopefully) and you need to realize that you need to think before you refute a post. That being said, it's the end of this subject. Let it be a life lesson.) that you won't judge Jamon as harshly if that happens.

I appeal to this post. The bolded part in particular. Now let Jamon go at RotH...

I'm not going to go at him, i will just say i disagree with what he said, but i wont do it in an offensive way or tell he is wrong. Me posting about the part i didnt like was not a reaction to anything but me reading the whole article because i wanted to read more.

ROTH is very defensive of the movie because he has worked on it, he says the movie will be quality in his opinion, i may share that opinion when i see the movie, i may not.

There's something to be said about going into the movie with a positive or defeatist attitude, however. The way I see it, you can like the movie now... and like the movie later. There's no good reason for carrying a defeatist attitude. Yet, if you take in the whole body of Jamon's posts all the way up to and through this article, you don't find anything else. But that's fine. He can be grumpy now... and be grumpy later. The pressure's on. Will he or won't he drastically change his view? Good luck...

I've gone into plenty of movies thinking i wont like them and came out loving them, Master and Commander was one, Superman Returns is another (ended up loving that) and guess what, before i saw Ang's Hulk, i thought it was going to be garbage, and you know my opinion on that one.

Anyway, at the end of the day, does it really matter what attitude someone you have never met goes into this movie with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"