Hype Horrors 2: A Murder Mystery

Byrd Man

El Hombre Pájaro
Reaction score
Superhorror.gif

Ever want to meet your friends from the Hype?

Ever want to brutally kill them?

---

A year has passed since the horrible events at the airport, and the survivors of the airport killings and others gather to remember those that died.

Where better to mourn than a deserted island filled with lots, and lots of booze?! The festivities and memorials start out as planned, until a dead body is found. As the residents on the island try to phone for help and leave, they soon realize the phones have been cut off and all the boats on the island have been sabotaged. Everyone is a suspect as more people start to die.

Will the it out in time? Or will the killer pull off a feat that will surpass even the killings in the airport? It's up to you to decide!

------------------------------------------

The Suspects

Spike
Green Lantern
Sabetoonth
Wiegabo
Blacklight
Andy C.
Venom160
The Manly Torch
Batman
Ramses III
J'Adore
Keyser Soze
Shlee
Hombregato _____________

Good luck, trust no one

Last edited:
The distant thunder of an approaching storm rattles the windows of the deserted airport and echos through the terminals. Lightning flashes illuminating four scared faces. To think that this all started with a simple get together and slowly degenerated into a bloodbath. One of the survivors jump at the rumbling.

"What the bad place was that!"

"It was just the storm. Now calm down. We're gonna get out of this."

"Oh I think not...."

The survivors wheel around in time to see their former comrade charging at them with an axe.

---------

"AHH!"

I jerk awake hearing Catman's psychotic screams echoing in my mind. Ignoring the odd glances from the other passengers I let my face fall into my hands.

"Ah ****......"

The motion of the boat does not help my current state as I feel the first twinges of seasickness. Slowly I get to my feet and move toward the front of the boat and more importantly the edge of the boat just in case what I've eaten today wants to make a return appearance. Looking up from the calm waters of the Atlantic I can make out the faint outline of an island.

"Well I guess this is it."

Relief washes through me at the thought of finally getting off the boat but its quickly dashed when I hear a familiar rumble of thunder.

I wake from my dreams of ash kickery to the sound of thunder.

“oh crap.” I think to myself, “this is gonna fun.” I make my way towards the front of the boat where I see Venom160 looking like he's ready to hurl.

“You ok dude?” I ask as I lean on the edge of the boat. I look into the water and my paranoia tells me I see some sea monster in the water, but I keep my cool, as long as I stay on the boat, the monster is not gonna get a chance to eat me. At least if it doesn’t have tentacle. The hair on the back of my neck stands on end at the thought and my ears pull back on my head.

“Calm down damnit!” I think to myself as I try not to panic, I start to take quick short breaths and then a big long one. It helps calm me down. I walk back over to the edge and simply refuse to look in the water.

“Beautiful aint it? All that blue for miles and miles?”

Rob steps off the plane, carrying his laptop bag and sunglasses. He wasn't there at the airport last year, but even so his friends have invited him to participate in this memorial and celebration. The events of the last year kinda freak him out, but who was he to argue meeting long time online friends and free booze? He looks out onto the tropical forest and white sand beaches and grins as he puts on his Oakleys. He collected his clothes and camping gear from the baggage claim and headed out into the bright sunny day. At least that damned dirty brit who killed so many last year isn't here, he thought as he strolled down the sidewalk.

I wake from my dreams of ash kickery to the sound of thunder.

“oh crap.” I think to myself, “this is gonna fun.” I make my way towards the front of the boat where I see Venom160 looking like he's ready to hurl.

“You ok dude?” I ask as I lean on the edge of the boat. I look into the water and my paranoia tells me I see some sea monster in the water, but I keep my cool, as long as I stay on the boat, the monster is not gonna get a chance to eat me. At least if it doesn’t have tentacle. The hair on the back of my neck stands on end at the thought and my ears pull back on my head.

“Calm down damnit!” I think to myself as I try not to panic, I start to take quick short breaths and then a big long one. It helps calm me down. I walk back over to the edge and simply refuse to look in the water.

“You ok dude?”

I ran into Sabetoonth while we were boarding the boat. He joined up after I left the games but he seems to be an ok guy. I throw on a fake smile while I try to shake the effects of the nausea and the nightmare.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just not real good with boats."

I let that statement hang in the air as he looks down into the water. Turning my gaze back to the island I can start making out details like the resort right on the beach aswell as the multiple docks that sprinkle the coastline.

"Yeah it is."

Before I could stop it a stray thought enters my mind.

Yeah and no help for miles and miles...

“You ok dude?”

I ran into Sabetoonth while we were boarding the boat. He joined up after I left the games but he seems to be an ok guy. I throw on a fake smile while I try to shake the effects of the nausea and the nightmare.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just not real good with boats."

I let that statement hang in the air as he looks down into the water. Turning my gaze back to the island I can start making out details like the resort right on the beach aswell as the multiple docks that sprinkle the coastline.

"Yeah it is."

Before I could stop it a stray thought enters my mind.

Yeah and no help for miles and miles...
“I heard what happened last year, the airport…damned crazy Brits” I say trying to keep a semi light mood as Venom160 stared at the island.

“You want some coffee?” I say, “I could use some coffee and caffeine in general, and then a few quarter pound hamburgers, my kind of meal.” I chuckle as I shoot a friendly smile over to the other Hypster, my red bed-head making me look like an asylum inmate.

“If it comes down to it…” I start with a serious tone, “I am so sticking with you when it comes to running from a Jason wannabe.” I turn my back to Venom and go to try and find some food. befire I'm totally out of ear shot I shout back- "Who'd want to stain a beautiful place like this red anyway?"

"Oh wait," the think to myself as it crosses my mind, "wasnt that the premise of Perfect Getaway?"

As I look behind the boat off in the distance I see a whale breach the surface of the water. I stand there in awe of it.

“God everything out here is wondrous.”

Yes, sabretoonth, everything out here is indeed wondrous. Nothing moreso than...

"Underneath the mango tree,
Me honey and me can watch for the moon..."

He emerged from the water, carrying a sea-shell in each hand. Basking in the glow of the sun, he shook his head to whip the water from his hair. He made his way out of the water, walking up onto the sands of the shore. The baffled new arrivals might have been curious as to why a Scotsman in a speedo was walking towards them in slow motion. But that was because they did not understand. For he was John Lees. He was Keyser Soze. And he was a law onto himself.

"Aright, ma American pals? Good tae see ye!"

Venom160 tentatively extended his hand for Keyser to shake it, but instead Keyser enveloped him in a hug that lasted a little too long to be comfortable. Similar hugs followed for sabretoonth and Rob.

"Ah was wonderin' when you guys would all finally get here. There's no much tae do when you're all by yourself on a desert island. Ah've just spent the last few days readin', swimmin' and masterin'."

Sometimes all at the same time!

"Anyhoo, ah'm John, but you guys probably know me as KAAAAAAAAAAIZER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAY!"

The sudden scream of his name made the whole group jump.

"Sorry, but that's the only way my name can be said. Let's go EAT!"

Last edited:
I stand there in utter shock as Keyser walks away.

Was I just hugged by a wet Scotsman?

Looking over I see my fellow RPers with similar shocked expressions. I let out a small laugh as I grab my bag.

"Seriously whatever hes' on I'll have a double."

"Sir? Sir, I'm afraid we're going to ask you to get your things."

"Wha--....ugh, I said to wake me up when we get to the island."

"We are at the island, sir. Everyone is already disembarking."

"Huh?! How long did I sleep?"

"I wouldn't know, sir. I'm just a steward."

Groggily, I check the clock on my phone--jeez, it's already mid-afternoon, and I had set my alarm clock for....

....crap, I forgot to set my alarm clock.

"Okay, sorry man. Lemme get dressed and pack up and I'll be off. Gimme like ten minutes."

"The ship heads back to its port of call in five minutes, sir."

FOUR MINUTES AND FIFTY-SEVEN SECONDS LATER....

"....I knew I should've brought sunblock."

Don't get me wrong, this place is absolutely knock-you-on-your-ash gorgeous. Long sandy beaches as far as the eye can see, sweet hotel accommodations right there...not to mention I actually get to meet the other Basement-dwellers from the Hype in person. It'll be nice to actually put some faces to all the screen-names.

Still, a black hoodie and combat boots probably wasn't the best choice for clothing on a tropical island. I just know I'm going to get sand in my socks.

As I lug my bag down the gangplank and give a '****-you-polite' wave to the steward who's still mad that I made them wait til the last possible second to head out, I hear somebody yell out:

"KAAAAAAAAAAIZER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAY!"

Well, that at least tells me where the other Hypsters are meeting up. I feel kinda guilty for not trying to find any of them on the boat; I spent pretty much the whole time in my cabin reading Hitchhiker's Guide for the eighteenth time. The few times I did venture up to where the actual people were, I kept to myself and avoided eye contact with anyone. I tried to play it off like I was too cool to talk to anyone, but it's honestly because I'm just awkward as bad place and not very sociable.

Now that we're actually here to do our thing, there's not much avoiding it, I suppose.

I approach the hug-happy guy in the Speedo and the folks standing uncomfortably around him, and clear my throat.

"Ermmm....sup. I'm guessing you are the other guys from the Hype, right?"

Everyone stares at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears. Masterful grasp of the obvious you've got there, Cayse, I'm sure everyone's gonna love you.

"I'm, um, Andy C., but you guys can call me by my real name....Andy C. So....any of you have any extra sunblock I could bum off of ya?"

“KAAAAAAAAAAIZER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAY!"

“Am I the only one slightly scared of Craig Ferguson here?” I give Keyser a raised brow look post-screaming of his name.But when he says lets eat, well, I think I broke the land speed record heading for the scent of food.

“Can I just start eating or is there like a manners rule?” I say heading right for the red meat and other fomerly living animals.

"Oh em gee it's Andy C!!!! Come here, don't think you're getting away without a hug too!"

Before Andy could protest, he too was wrapped in Keyser's bearhug.

"Sniff sniff..... mmmmmmm, you smell of heartache and cherries."

Keyser broke the hug, but kept a hold of Andy's shoulders as he flashed him a scarily huge grin.

"And I have SUNBLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!"

"That's.....reassuring."

Suddenly the old "Banana Phone" thing makes so much more sense.

“KAAAAAAAAAAIZER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAY!"

“Am I the only one slightly scared of Craig Ferguson here?” I give Keyser a raised brow look post-screaming of his name.But when he says lets eat, well, I think I broke the land speed record heading for the scent of food.

“Can I just start eating or is there like a manners rule?” I say heading right for the red meat and other fomerly living animals.
"I doubt it. I mean its a party right? Just point me to where the Coke is."

Scanning the huge buffet I spot a guy in a black Venom hoodie approaching us.

"Sir? Sir, I'm afraid we're going to ask you to get your things."

"Wha--....ugh, I said to wake me up when we get to the island."

"We are at the island, sir. Everyone is already disembarking."

"Huh?! How long did I sleep?"

"I wouldn't know, sir. I'm just a steward."

Groggily, I check the clock on my phone--jeez, it's already mid-afternoon, and I had set my alarm clock for....

....crap, I forgot to set my alarm clock.

"Okay, sorry man. Lemme get dressed and pack up and I'll be off. Gimme like ten minutes."

"The ship heads back to its port of call in five minutes, sir."

FOUR MINUTES AND FIFTY-SEVEN SECONDS LATER....

"....I knew I should've brought sunblock."

Don't get me wrong, this place is absolutely knock-you-on-your-ash gorgeous. Long sandy beaches as far as the eye can see, sweet hotel accommodations right there...not to mention I actually get to meet the other Basement-dwellers from the Hype in person. It'll be nice to actually put some faces to all the screen-names.

Still, a black hoodie and combat boots probably wasn't the best choice for clothing on a tropical island. I just know I'm going to get sand in my socks.

As I lug my bag down the gangplank and give a '****-you-polite' wave to the steward who's still mad that I made them wait til the last possible second to head out, I hear somebody yell out:

"KAAAAAAAAAAIZER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAY!"

Well, that at least tells me where the other Hypsters are meeting up. I feel kinda guilty for not trying to find any of them on the boat; I spent pretty much the whole time in my cabin reading Hitchhiker's Guide for the eighteenth time. The few times I did venture up to where the actual people were, I kept to myself and avoided eye contact with anyone. I tried to play it off like I was too cool to talk to anyone, but it's honestly because I'm just awkward as bad place and not very sociable.

Now that we're actually here to do our thing, there's not much avoiding it, I suppose.

I approach the hug-happy guy in the Speedo and the folks standing uncomfortably around him, and clear my throat.

"Ermmm....sup. I'm guessing you are the other guys from the Hype, right?"

Everyone stares at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears. Masterful grasp of the obvious you've got there, Cayse, I'm sure everyone's gonna love you.

"I'm, um, Andy C., but you guys can call me by my real name....Andy C. So....any of you have any extra sunblock I could bum off of ya?"
"Nice to meet ya dude. I'm Venom160 or you could just call me Steve. And yeah I think I got some sunblock in my bag. Just beware of Keyser cause hes' a hug....."

I trail off as Keyser approaches.

"Nevermind."

"This the group?"

The group, with the exception of the embraced Andy C. and Keyser Soze, turned around as a man in a black and yellow Batman T-Shirt casually strolled up to them, carrying a bag of his belongings on one shoulder and putting away a seemingly useless cellphone in his pocket. He was Alex, known better to the group as Em Bee. And this was probably the only sort of social interaction he'd make an effort to embark on.

"Sorry I'm late to the party. Boat left an hour after it was supposed to."

"I doubt it. I mean its a party right? Just point me to where the Coke is."

“Alright!” I say as I dig into the food, near literally. I pack the plate with anything that I don’t eat on the spot and that will fit. Squid, beef, I pick up something that looks like fried chicken but don’t taste it before I put more of it on my plate and move around.

“I think the Coke’s uhmm, somewhere else?” I questioned more then answered. “Tell me when ya find it though.” I said as I finally leave for a place to sit and eat. On my way I see someone dressed in a Batman T-shirt. I give him a grasy thumbs up.

“Dude, awesome.”

"This the group?"

The group, with the exception of the embraced Andy C. and Keyser Soze, turned around as a man in a black and yellow Batman T-Shirt casually strolled up to them, carrying a bag of his belongings on one shoulder and putting away a seemingly useless cellphone in his pocket. He was Alex, known better to the group as Em Bee. And this was probably the only sort of social interaction he'd make an effort to embark on.

"Sorry I'm late to the party. Boat left an hour after it was supposed to."
Bile rise in my throat at just the thought of the boat.

"I know what ya mean man I think I'd rather swim back to the mainland than get back on that boat."

I hate being late, which is why I always try to be early. Which is why I arrived on the island yesterday. I know, I know, the gang isn't supposed to meet up until today. But I needed some alone time.

It's not everyday you attend your own funeral.

Yeah, last year I was hunted and killed by someone who was supposed to be a friend. I could try to explain how I'm here now, but, in all honesty, it would take a while to get through the story. Let's just say wibbly-wobbly, timey-whimey and leave it at that.

Still, the memories are there. And, even though I'm not much of a drinker, I sit at the bar and order another...something, and continue to look out at the beach.

The words "KAAAAAAAAAAIZER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAY!" suddenly echo down the beach. I shudder slightly, the memory of last year's con coming to the surface. So many dead hookers...

Guess I can't put it off anymore. The only way to move forward is to confront the past head on. I pick up my drink and walk down the beach towards the growing group, shielding my eyes from the bright sun.

"Hey guys. How goes it?"

I have the urge to blurt something out randomly, I do that a lot, don’t ask why. I grab a big steak, hold it over my head and stand on a table on the beach and yell at the top of my lungs.

“NOW IS THE TIME FOR COW!” before I suddenly leap from the table and pretend to beat Andy with the steak, because he’s closest and that’s the only reason I eed to play-beat him with a steak the size of a cat that I plan to eat later.

"Hey, this is a nice place you got here," I tell the chick, really excited to get to know her. After our rendezvous at the street corner, she had taken me up to her place. I'm excited. "You wouldn't happen to, um, have a bedroom, huh?"

The lady laughs at how suave I am, "Right this way."

I look into her gorgeous, Cuban eyes, "I don't know how to tell you this, but looking into your eyes, it's like there's a Cuban Missile Crisis," I pause, for the right dramatic effect, "in my pants."

She purrs. My wit excites her. She walks me to her bedroom. My heart starts beating quicker. She takes off her pants and I see her penis. I'm really-

Wait... the bad place?

"You don't mind, do you?" he asks.
---
I wake up on the boat, muttering, "No. Not the penis. Not the penis. Not the penis," I don't know why all my dreams end like that. Some hot chick is staring at me, telling me to wake up.

"Sir, you're going to have to depart, now."

"Don't you think it's suspicious that the vast majority of people coming to this island have awoken at nearly the same time after having strange dreams? Did you put roofies in our drinks? Hmmm? I know I'm wickedly attractive,"
I slide down my glasses, allowing her to clearly see my blue eyes as I brush my curly brown hair back, "But you really have to control yourself."

"Creep," she mutters as she walks away. I have a certain way with the ladies, you see.

I see the my group and walk up to them. I don't know them that well- in fact I pretty much don't know anyone- but I'm good at being anti-social and insane, so I figure I'll fit right in with the crowd. "Hey!" I say jubilantly, putting my hand on Batman's shoulder. "You're MB, right? After Marlon Brando? That guy's an awesome actor. I love all his movies." I laugh obnoxiously. In fact, I hate Marlon Brando and think he's a horrible actor. The only thing he's good at is yelling at people. But I can play it off, because I am that cool.

With my best Will Smith impression, which ain't too good since I'm like whiteout white, I say to who I deduce is wiegeabo through his picture having been on the news after the airport- “Though you where dead?”

I throw up my hand before realizing its covered in grease from the copious amounts of fried chicken and grease I am still noming on. I give him a look that says, at least I think it does “Oh, uhmm crap.”

You're MB, right? After Marlon Brando? That guy's an awesome actor. I love all his movies."

“And that must be Ramses.” I say as I hear him open his mouth. I walk up to him.

“You come to me, on the day of my daughters wedding…” I trail off the quote, I want to see if I’m being ********ted. If he can name the movie or finish the line then I ain't being Bs'd and we can move on. If not well, we can still move on. the point of the exercise is i don't like being ********ted.

Last edited:
I hold back a chuckle with all the might I have in me. I just can't do it. I just can't do it. "You just said come!" I giggle impolitely, unable to keep control of myself. But I have to stay on task. I know I've heard of that movie line somewhere.

Somehow, someday, somewhere. The West Side Story musical pops into my head, and I remember one of my favorite songs in the play/film. There is a place for us. A time and place for us.

I snap out of my reverie. This is no time for thinking about prissy musicals. Is West Side Story a gay thing to think about? I mean, they're not really show tunes. They're angsty and deep. Totally not gay. Well, except for the guys in tight pants jumping around while pretending to fight.

But this is not the time to think about all that. I need to remember the title of that movie. I think I actually saw that one... Um, um um.
"C'mon, that's an easy one!" I say, hoping my bluff will pay off, "The God****ers!"

While everyone is enjoying themselves and cracking jokes I finally spot a huge cooler of various sodas and booze.

"Thank goodness caffeine."

Cracking open a soda I hang back from the group and just try to get adjusted to all the new faces. But even with joyous atmosphere my mind still wanders back to a year ago. Since than I had left the games and just tried to move on with my life. When I got the pm invite I almost didn't come but my therapist insisted that I come and "face my demons". My eyes wander over to Sabe and Ramses cracking jokes.

Hmph some demons."

But still weren't we like this before all that crap happened? In the bar cracking jokes than next thing we know we're in bad place. My eyes wander to Wieg and more questions emerge. I mean how did he survive? I'll have to try and corner him at some point and get some answers.

"No Steve don't even start this crap. Your here to party and honor those we lost not sitting here drudging up the past."

“Though you where dead?”

"Well, that's a bad place of a story. You see-"

I throw up my hand before realizing its covered in grease from the copious amounts of fried chicken and grease I am still noming on. I give him a look that says, at least I think it does “Oh, uhmm crap.”

You're MB, right? After Marlon Brando? That guy's an awesome actor. I love all his movies."

"Right...ok, then." I turn towards the others, wondering what kind of meds the kid is supposed to be on.

"Hey Keyser, how's it hanging?" I instantly regret the question.

[COLOR] I instantly regret the question.

"A bit skee-wiff I'm afraid, wieg old chum."

Keyser puts an arm around his friend's shoulder.

"You see, one of my testicles is slightly bigger than the other, meaning it always hangs at a bit of an awkward angle, dangling a bit more to the right than it really should."

Keyser patted wieg on the back and moved on. But then he stopped dead and turned back to face wiegeabo.

"I forgot, how rude of me! How's your penis hanging?"

I've been sitting under a tree in the shade and reading Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None for the past couple hours when I'm suddenly shocked out of the story by the noise of the other Hypesters. I guess they finally made it. I decide to get up from my nice relaxed seat in the shade, put my book back in my small bookbag, and walk out to the party on the beach to greet the others.

Too bad my twin brother died at the airport massacre last year. He would've enjoyed this. Still, this is a party so I might as well have fun. "Hey guys," I say with a wave as I break through the trees and out onto the sand. "I'm Spike, or Scot. Whichever name is fine by me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"