Hype Horrors 2: A Murder Mystery

Wieg and Spike have GL between a rock and a hard place. They outnumber him and have long-range weapons on their side. GL is too far away to hit him in a critical spot. Will they...

A) Talk to GL and find out why he brutally massacared their friends

B) Deciding the time for talking has passed and that now is the time for action, they chase down GL.

Wieg is ready, so even if I die for what I'm about to try, at least he'll have a crack at this f**kwhistle who's been breathing for way too long already.

Readying my spear in one hand over my shoulder to be brought down as hard and as fast as possible into Rob's chest, my other hand pulls out one of my knives. Aim for his eyes. Aim for his neck. With that, I lunge hard at the murderer in a blind rage, even if it costs me my own life. My mind races with only one thought: Kill the bastard!

"DIE!!"

Rob stares at the two survivors, a blood lust in his eyes. These two figured him out, and he's not happy about it, but he smiles as he watches Spike attempt to run him down with a make shift spear.

"Ah ah ah. Not allowing my villainous monologue? What kind of hero are you? The villain ALWAYS gets a monologue."

He sidesteps Spike's charge, swinging his hatchet directly into the Canadian's stomach. As the bigger man drops to his knees in pain, Rob shoves his hand directly into the wound and pulls out a coil of intestines, severing the organ from the body and draping it over his neck and back like a necklace.

"And then there was one. Now where were we, John?"

"****! ****! ****!!!

Before I can move, before I can back Spike up and help him take this murdering bastard down...it's too late. Spike makes his move, and in the blink of an eye, he's on the ground. Dead, or just as good as.

And GL...GL wears his guts like some kind of goddamn trophy. I step closer to Spike, my eyes not wavering from GL as the last of my friends twitches and spasms in his death throes.

"Why, you sick sonuva*****. Why you'd do all this?!"

"Why? Why? For my own sick amusement really. Recently lost my job, had this trip planned. Nothing left to lose really. I had a... need... to take my aggression out on someone. And you fine folks served that need just fine. I've grown sick of the people, sick of the games. Had a realization that what could really bring life back to the Hype RPGs is a little real life game. A little death. Oh, I'll go back, and I'll mourn you all. Tell those who are left of the monstrosities we all faced here. Be a hero as the lone survivor. Bring the basement back to ground level of the Hype. But first... first you must be dealt with. Can't have anyone tell the truth now can I?"

"That...that's your reason? You needed to take out some aggression? You snapped and need to take out some aggression?"

I look down at Spike's corpse, and think about all the other friends I've lost. "You're nothing but a selfish, little, pathetic bastard." I look back up at this...monster, my eyes filled with tears of anger. "You didn't want to go crying to mama and decided to take it out on all of us? What the **** did we ever do to you?!"

"That...that's your reason? You needed to take out some aggression? You snapped and need to take out some aggression?"

I look down at Spike's corpse, and think about all the other friends I've lost. "You're nothing but a selfish, little, pathetic bastard." I look back up at this...monster, my eyes filled with tears of anger. "You didn't want to go crying to mama and decided to take it out on all of us? What the **** did we ever do to you?!"

Rob smiles maliciously and licks his hatchet blade, letting the blood run down his jaw.

"Elementary, my dear Wieg. You were here."

Holding his hatchet high, Rob chuckles and closes in on wieg. The lone survivor sees the murderous intent in Rob's eyes. Does he:

A) Fight

B) Run away as fast as he can

As far as I can tell, I have two options. Neither of them good. I can run away, but where would I go? Into the jungle to hide? To the hotel? If all this has showed me anything, it's that Rob's had the time to booby-trap the whole island. But maybe I can put a trap of my own together?

On the other hand, I can fight. The body of Spike a clear reminder of what that could mean. Fight didn't work last time, what makes me think it will this time?

Run or stay?

Fight or flee?

I grab the spear, ready to throw it. I glance at the jungle, ready to run.

And I run...

Wieg runs toward the woods, Rob smiles as he watches him. He said he came on the same plane as Shlee, but there was a reason she didn't see him. He wasn't on that plane. His had come days earlier. Time enough to lay his traps, to get a feel for the island. He knew the forest, and knew the trip wires were all over. It's only a matter of time before Wieg hits one, and then... Kablooey. No one else is on the island, he made sure of that with well placed payments and some other killings. The natives had run scared, afraid of voodoo or some such ****. No one would be coming to save them, not until this was all over. The clues still point at Spike, he'll just frame him. Burn the body so that no one knows how brutally he died, and Rob would be the hero. This was all going to work out well.

Rob could hear the snapping twigs up ahead.

"Hide and seek huh? My favorite game to play as a child. READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!"

Panting, I kneel down in the woods, and gingerly run my finger along the line I almost stepped on. I figured that, with all the traps going off, GL must've had a lot time to plan and set things up. Still, I almost tripped this one. That means I'm going to have to be more careful.

It also means his advantage drops quite a bit.

I carefully follow the line down and find where it's tied to a tree. So I cut the line and follow it the other way to where it's tied to a flare. And taped to the flare is a water balloon filled with something likely not to be water. My guess is gasoline. Might not kill me, but would definitely shake me up, at least. Burn me pretty good, at worst. And give my position away, certainly.

I hear steps in the underbrush and start running again. At least, now, GL's not the only one with explosives...

"OLLIE OLLIE OXEN FREE!"

Rob screams as he hacks away at the tropical foliage with a machete. He sees a toucan several trees in front of him, and pulls a knife out of his belt, throwing it with deadly accuracy at the bright bird. As the bird dropped to the forest floor he mutters to himself.

"Never did like Fruit Loops."

"Alright, Wieg! I'm gettin a little tired of lookin. I don't find ya soon, I'm just gonna torch the forest and wait on the beach. I got all sorts of time."

Rob walks into a clearing in the jungle and sees wieg waiting with something in his hands.

The killer and the lone survivor have a stare down. After a full minute of silence, Rob screams with a primal rage and rushes towards wieg with his machette raised.

Does wieg...

A) Fight Rob off and end it, one way or the other.

B) Run away again

I think I'm starting to figure GL out. He's obviously bat**** insane, but with enough of a plan to keep you guessing. It's no wonder he kept his secret for so long.

Maybe it's time to be a little insane myself.

"Come get some."

I watch calmly as GL runs at me, screaming like a maniac. And when I judge the distance right, I light the flare and throw it at him. It explodes right in front of when it hits the ground.

Blinded by the smoke and flame, GL doesn't see me when I jump through the fire and smash right into him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"