Hype Horrors: A Murder Mystery OOC

SenseiofCheese

has been expecting you.
Reaction score
Superhorror.gif

Ever want to meet your friends from the Hype?

Ever want to brutally kill them?

---

A group of members from the SuperHeroHype RPG forums have decided to do what we're told not to; meet someone from the internet. This close-knit group for role players plan on getting together and spending an entire weekend drinking copious amounts of alcohol and having the time of their lives. And, really, where better to meet up than at the airport?

Bad idea. As they all meet each other for the first time, amidst a sea of people traveling across the country, they all fall into a deep sleep. When they finally awake, they are locked inside the now-empty airport. As if that isn't bad enough, one of them has murderous intentions.

As the Hypesters start getting slaughtered, one by one, they realize they must find out just how and why this is all happening, and who's behind it. That is, if they want to survive.

Does the logic of the story matter? No. Surviving does.

Enter a world of suspense, horror and suspicion and ask yourself one question; How well do you really know your fellow Hypesters?

------------------------------------------

Rules & Guidelines

• Out of all registered players, one is chosen by random to be the killer of the story. The others will play the roles of his unwitting victims.

• Every 3-5 days we will have a vote. The votes are to be PMed to me and include the name of the person you want to be the next victim. Once the votes are tallied, the player with the most votes falls victim to our killer.

• At each murder scene there will be one or more clues to the killer's identity. These can often be vague, hidden clues, or even red herrings, so be careful.

• Think you know who the killer is? PM your guess to me. But beware: A right guess makes you the hero of the game. A wrong guess automatically makes you the next victim.

• To you, the player: You are playing yourself. That's right, no characters, no pretending. Just you. Although exaggerations for the sake of fun are encouraged, try to act and interact like you would in real life. This means no, you did not happen to bring a shotgun to the airport.

• This game relies on frequent posts. If you do not post in the IC thread regularly you risk becoming the next victim.

• It is VERY IMPORTANT you do NOT talk about who you voted for each time. I realize there is little I can do to prevent you from discussing it amongst yourselves, but please try to maintain the integrity and fun of the game by keeping your votes to yourselves.

• Have fun. But most importantly, trust no one.

--------------------------------

.Application for the Hype Horrors Murder Mystery.

Screen name:

Favorite Horror Movie:

Describe your character (What are you wearing, what do you have on your person, any relevant information):

Will you be able to post on a regular basis, lest ye get axed?:

Screen name: wiegeabo

Favorite Horror Movie:
Tough one. The Thing From Outer Space. The original Thing movie is just a classic horror flick. I watch it every time it's one. :word:

Describe your character (What are you wearing, what do you have on your person, any relevant information):
Polo shirt, jeans, sneakers, jacket. Carrying a laptop bag with my computer, phone, wallet, bullet-proof vest, .45 full auto, hunting knife, and utility belt. (Ok, maybe not those last few things).

Will you be able to post on a regular basis, lest ye get axed?:
Yep :D

Last edited:

Screen name: Master Bruce

Favorite Horror Movie: Halloween (1978)

Describe your character (What are you wearing, what do you have on your person, any relevant information): A black T-shirt, jeans, denim jacket, sneakers. Simplistic wear, really. All I'd carry with me is a poorly charged cellphone, a flask full of Pepsi (mixed in with light booze), and a cross-necklace with a mini-Batman figure taped to it. Not because I'm Catholic, but because I'm pathetic. :o

Will you be able to post on a regular basis, lest ye get axed?: Hey, if there's anyone I'm sure I could post as, it's myself.

Consider yourself Approved!

I wish I had, like, and approval gun that I could shoot you guys in the face with.

I have an Approval gun.

In my pants.

Screen name: Byrd Man

Favorite Horror Movie: The Exorcist

Describe your character (What are you wearing, what do you have on your person, any relevant information): Red baseball cap, glasses, Green Lantern T-Shirt, blue jeans and black converse shoes. (What I have on right now, because I know you want to know. :cwink:)

On my person, a notepad and pen, a digital sound recorder, and my wallet complete with a whopping $14!

Will you be able to post on a regular basis, lest ye get axed?: Sure

On my person, a notepad and pen, a digital sound recorder, and my wallet complete with a whopping $14!

And my first victim presents himself...

Screen name: RGDurant

Favorite Horror Movie: I have several, but right now it's Puppet Master.

Describe your character (What are you wearing, what do you have on your person, any relevant information): Grey button up shirt, black short sleeve button up shirt, black t-shirt, camo cargo pants, black work boots.

All I have on me is a half empty can of Altoids.

Will you be able to post on a regular basis, lest ye get axed?: Yes

Screen name: Blacklight

Favorite Horror Movie: Child's Play 1 & 2

Describe your character (What are you wearing, what do you have on your person, any relevant information): An average kid with rather bagging pants, a cellphone, an iPod, works at a Burger King and reads alot of comics. Oh yeah, and he doesn't want to die. :yay:

Will you be able to post on a regular basis, lest ye get axed?: yes

One question: Are you participating as well, or are you just the GM?

Yeah, just GMing. I'll be in constant touch with the killer, planning out clues and such, so it'd be kind of strange for me to participate.

I should add though, since all of you are all candidates for the killer obviously, I hope everyone is okay with possibly being chosen. Seeing as the killer will have a lot more to do in this game than the victims.

And on a sidenote, 5 spots have been filled. That means there are more or less 5 left, so get to postin those apps, bastards :cmad:

I should add though, since all of you are all candidates for the killer obviously, I hope everyone is okay with possibly being chosen. Seeing as the killer will have a lot more to do in this game than the victims.

Being chosen to be the killer? Heck, that's the whole reason I signed up!

Another question: If we have been chosen to die, then do we write our own death scenes?

No. That will be up to the killer. Or, in the even that he wouldn't want to give away his identity via his writing style, he will provide me with the details of the murder (How it was done, the clues, ect) and I'll write the scene around it.

In unison, the killer and I will try to create some unspeakably filthy, horrific, gory moments.

Screen name: venom160

Favorite Horror Movie: Threeway tie between the Nightmare on Elm Street series, The Friday the 13th series, and the Saw series.

Describe your character (What are you wearing, what do you have on your person, any relevant information): Jeans, black shirt complete with Venom spider symbol, dirty sneakers.

Possesions: wallet wit bout fifty bucks in it aswell as a dime bag hidden behind ID, pair of Ray-bans, six inch switchblade.

Will you be able to post on a regular basis, lest ye get axed?: yep yep

You know, I probably should've given my guy money of some sort...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"