Hype Survivor HYPE SURVIVOR 19: Creepy on a Whole New Level - Day 17: THE GRAND FINALE

This is actually what I wanted to go with, but Brodie convinced Erz that Darth was a good ally of his, and they had talked out their plans. I felt uneasy, but we went with it anyway.

Beginning of the next day I say to Brodie he better know what he's doing, and Brodie said I probably should've voted him out and not listened to what he said.

:csad:

Hey, no wait, I was pushing for Teddy, you liar! I wanted Teddy Bad!

Seriously, let's continue the love letter to Erz.

Erz, I played against you a few times, on opposite alliances. You were always scary. It's much more comforitng being on the same one.

This is true. From the moment I saw Erz sign up I had to contact him... I don't believe in going against a brick wall. I prefer it on my side. Who knew he could be this loyal and brilliant.
You are as only good as your allies.

Watchman was a good ally.

Maxwell's Demon flaked on me twice yet I'd still ally with him again because he kicks ash with challenges. :csad:

But yeah you 2 are great allies and I'm glad I was with you instead of against you two which would have probably led to a lot of loud words and hurt feelings. :csad:

Maxwell's Demon flaked on me twice yet I'd still ally with him again because he kicks ash with challenges. :csad:

But yeah you 2 are great allies and I'm glad I was with you instead of against you two which would have probably led to a lot of loud words and hurt feelings. :csad:

All this talk is probabyl gonna hamper future games.

Then again, it never stopped me and Kip.

If Toven and jack weren't such lesbians, they'd of realized this too. :csad:

All this talk is probabyl gonna hamper future games.

Then again, it never stopped me and Kip.

It's usually enough of a new cast to make them all forget what happened. That, and the fact that we build this illusion like we're unbeatable, but in reality the two or three of us together are always a minority, and individually, we're just one person. It's like if you saw Bruce Wayne walking down the street, you could shove a knife in his back and you would've killed Batman... no one ever thinks it's that easy... but it is.

StorminNorman.

Could you post that pic of Vote for Erzengel today, Vote out Asteroid-Man tomorrow because seriously that was my fave.

AM.gif

That election. We had Fran and Norman as managers, celebrity endorsements by Bruce Campbell, Chuck Norris, Marian Hossa, Reggie Brown, Natalie Gulbis..and we still didn't win :csad:

If Challenges are Kipobe's weakness, mine specifically are the photoshop stuff. Yeah I can do hokey easy adding text to pics but that's about it.

But, I sure have great ideas. Like that Darthphere one. :up:

That election. We had Fran and Norman as managers, celebrity endorsements by Bruce Campbell, Chuck Norris, Marian Hossa, Reggie Brown, Natalie Gulbis..and we still didn't win :csad:
I shoulder the blame on that one, merely because I wasn't around for it. I think I could have made it at least a lot closer than it was.

Also I was worried about a mutiny in my absence.

You had fake celebrity endorsements. We had Jamal Igle endorse us :up:

with some careful planning ill have the next game be sex.
i confirm that sofa wont be a player simply because people will feel i would have a bias for her guranteed...

so in any case
were on break.

I wouldn't say that. I say let her play. If I play, who would be my super secret sexy ally if she's not there? :csad:

with some careful planning ill have the next game be sex.
i confirm that sofa wont be a player simply because people will feel i would have a bias for her guranteed...

so in any case
were on break.

As former host I am guarunteed a spot as Hype Survivor tradition mandates, correct?

Your team ran a bad place of a campaign. I was very pleased with how the campaign challenge turned out. You guys worked your asses off (Both teams, and the third party). That was easily the highlight of the game. Thanks to all involved :up:

I just read this...

Jew, you have to get passed the "pawn" thing. It was something I said early on in the game to try and stir fun. I even put it in my sig. You did well, you really did... but everyone has a role in the game, and if you had accepted the final 3 offer to replace Brodie, you would've earned it. You were then in on the inside track. Granted, you would've been the third wheel, but if you won immunity on that final day you would DEFINATELY deserve to be there.

I say "pawn" for lack of better words. Honestly, I don't even remember you ever saying it. I just felt like a pawn from your reveal on. And while I worked hard, after learning we never had a true alliance (as I thought it was core and it wasn't, thus I felt like i had nothing) I felt at the time that I hadn't earned my place, but was just allowed to be there by you, Erz, and Brodie. And in the end if I would have made it to the final 3, I still felt like I didn't earn it because I would have just been doing whatever you said to do. I've always had the mindset in life to earn my keep, and though you say I did, I'm a harsh critic of myself and I wasn't convinced. I was a lapdog of yours and that's just no fun for me. I want to win this game, but more than that I want to have fun.

There's no guarantees with a final 3 arrangement. ANYONE can go... like hippie did when Erz and myself's only agenda for that day was "don't let hippie win immunity". (haha).

I know that, but like I said... I didn't feel I could earn my place in the finals. Becides sucking at challenges most times, I figured if I just sailed along all game at your whim, what chance to I have convincing people I deserve to win more than you. I'd be in the same place Hippie is now. Getting rid of Erz and separating your alliance would have given me something to claim at least.

It's ironic that you said and did all this when the game you played with Toven you were her lapdog. You were the third wheel in a lesbian love-fest. How did you think that was gonna end? Toven used you as a pawn.

And I'm not knocking Spoons and Pickles, but if you really went to the final 3 with them, how did you think that was gonna end as well? Then this game you choose me and Brodie, and we clearly would never veer from each other.

I honestly didn't know you and Brodie were that close going in. I wanted a core 4 going in with us three and Erz. I had no idea how close any of you were, I just knew you were all good and I wanted to try to play with the big boys for once. I figured that this was my 3rd game, the first I was a pawn, the 2nd I tried a leadership role with newbies and did decently, I wanted to work with the more experienced people and learn some new things. I can honestly say I did.

The Holly example is a bad one though. It was my first game and I had no idea what I was doing and knew no one. I've always been a loyal person in life, my word was important to me, and so I gave it to Holly and Kmack and I stuck with it. I allied with you, and I stuck with it until everyone left were alliances (as you and Holly arranged I guess), and since it became you Vs Holly.... I stood with my alliances. There was no betrayal, just having to choose between alliances, and I stayed with my first.

The Spoons/Pickles alliance was more strategic. I was friends with them both prior to the game and they were new so I knew I could trust them to not turn on me. Also, being that it was public knowledge that they were an item, I knew there'd be a quest to divide them, thus making me a lesser of three evils so that they were larger targets than myself. And I knew they were competative and that they play games like such, so if it came down to the three of us I'd try to turn Spoons against Pickles. My planned worked fine as we pretty much ran all that happened for the first half of the game (being that the Plastics lost nearly every challenge), our bad spot was challenges and that killed us. When it came to the three of us left, I planned on getting Spoons on my side against Pickles, but we merged so it wasn't a worry. Spoons told me later that he would have turned, so I would have been fine either way. That alliance was working on me just fine, especially once we got Lex and Kmack in with us. If Erz would have worked with us then we would have done well..... dang you Erz! And Brodie! Why did I try to ally with you both this game again?!

I told you half-truths and half-lies when I "opened" up to you in that AIM conversation... one of them was the Brodie thing, I didn't want you to know how badly I wanted hippie gone until he was actually gone, so I made it seem like I cast a vote for Brodie instead of hippie (I think I told hippie the same thing since you guys were in so much talks back then). But I'd never vote out Brodie. I've allied with him in the three games we've both played together, and he's been extremely loyal to me, and vice versa... I wouldn't ruin the longest alliance I've ever had for really.... anyone. When he was on the line I did have to look at things objectively, assuming he wasn't coming back... but to backstab him? Nah... sorry. Your telling him wasn't really anything more than me showing you to be who I thought you were.

Ironically enough, "who you thought I was" wasn't who I was until you betrayed me. I said in the beginning I'll never turn on a core alliance member unless they either turn on me or I strongly suspect they'd turn on me. When I learned you had lied to me all game, it was as good as a betrayal, so I didn't mind turning on you. And again for the Twenty Millionth time... and now that it's after the game maybe you'll believe me.... I DID NOT TRY TO TURN BRODIE AGAINST YOU!!! He's a bud, so I informed him of what you said, because I felt he should be informed. I had no ill will toward you and had no desire to pull votes against you. Do note that I voted for you in the end, even though I felt Hippie a stronger and better ally for me. Why would I plan on voting for you but try to turn others against you?

And as for the half-truth thing, I figured that much, but when I decided to try and get rid of Erz (my wife convinced me, I was playing the game, but she was the one who got mad about your playing me) I decided to just go with it. All I had to do was take control of one round and I would have been fine, and if I was voted out, no biggie, I went on my own terms.

But with all that behind us, I will say this: I do like a lot of your playing ways... but a lot of them are just wrong as well. You need to play within some sort of system. Not everyone is Danny Ocean... but he can't do it by himself. Not everyone is Rusty Ryan... but he's only one man. Sometimes you gotta be the little Chinese guy, Jew. Sometimes you gotta be the little chinese guy. :csad:

Heh, I have no idea who Danny Ocean or Rusty Ryan is :)

And I tried to have a system last game, and it was decent, but had holes. I tried to improve upon it this game, but come to learn my two allies were working against me the whole time. I never had a chance to get into a system this game. Honestly, though I respect your gameplay, I'm still a little bitter and feel like this whole game (especially the cheap way I went out) was just a big waste of time. (not disrespect to you, Brodie, Erz, or Matt, it's just the way I feel). If I play again, I'll go in knowing a lot more than I did before this one.

And out of curiosity, if Matt didn't kick me out and Erz went home.... how would you have played the game after that? I know that I would have tried to convince you it was nothing personal and to form an alliance with Hippy and I... would you have went for it? Just curious.

Your team ran a bad place of a campaign. I was very pleased with how the campaign challenge turned out. You guys worked your asses off (Both teams, and the third party). That was easily the highlight of the game. Thanks to all involved :up:

I had a blast doing it and felt accomplished at our win. Then Kipobe told me the outcome of the round didn't matter as they knew who was going home before it even started anyhow. Just just kinda took the flame from my fire about it. :(

We worked our asses off. Had I not been an ash to the Gamer Rejects, that could've gotten 15-20 votes our way. :csad:

Man, I think I sat on my computer for a good 4 to 5 hours straight looking at the opening hype page and just PMing people as they came on. I was so PM'd out that I went and took an old person power nap to recoop.

TMOB really didn't care to look at the tribe teams... he PM'd me about voting Kipobe :huh::down

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"