No Way Home "I am Rhino!" - Paul Giamatti Returns

I hope he's in this. Only to make numbers even. 3 from Raimi-era. 3 from Webb-era.

I doubt he's in this. Maybe that initial leaked S6 lineup was from an earlier version of the script that had him in it.

This thread is going to be locked eventually.

What a great loss for us. How can we go on!

What a great loss for us. How can we go on!

The Rhino is one of my fave villains in the comics, the battles between him and Spidey are always so fun to watch. He deserves a far better onscreen adaptation than what he was given. I wouldn't mind Paul Giamatti returning either, as long as he's in a cool-looking costume and not that horned junkheap he was wearing in TASM2.

The Rhino is one of my fave villains in the comics, the battles between him and Spidey are always so fun to watch. He deserves a far better onscreen adaptation than what he was given. I wouldn't mind Paul Giamatti returning either, as long as he's in a cool-looking costume and not that horned junkheap he was wearing in TASM2.

Giamatti is a good actor. Most villains in hated villain roles are usually good actors that got bad scripts and direction. Jared Leto as the Joker is another example. Such promise and potential totally wasted.

Giamatti is a good actor. Most villains in hated villain roles are usually good actors that got bad scripts and direction. Jared Leto as the Joker is another example. Such promise and potential totally wasted.

I'm not keen at all on Leto but I see your point. Jamie Foxx's Electro is another example, a genuinely great actor wasted on a nothing role. I'm glad he's getting a second chance.

I really don't know what people even expected of a live-action Rhino. How else are you going to do it? It's like...mech suit, guy who's mutated into part Rhino, or guy in a Rhino costume. About the three ways you can adapt it. Dumb criminal guy in a mech is about the most palatable for a movie.

It's fine, he's only there as a joke anyway, which is what he virtually is in the books.

I really don't know what people even expected of a live-action Rhino. How else are you going to do it? It's like...mech suit, guy who's mutated into part Rhino, or guy in a Rhino costume. About the three ways you can adapt it. Dumb criminal guy in a mech is about the most palatable for a movie.

It's fine, he's only there as a joke anyway, which is what he virtually is in the books.

Don't use him at all. He's a stupid character. Should stay in the comics.

Rhyno is NOT dumb character and Paul Giambo is a crisp solid crystal actor. They did dirty to him in ASM2. I think he deserv much better and will better is he is in teh film. Unclear if he’s in teh film thou n’est pas? Him and Thomas Heaven Church! Both on screen together will be great like Side Ways!!!

Mech suit version sucked.

Also, I think Paul Giamatti is a tremendous actor. I think had they actually taken the time to develop his character and do things right, he could've been a tremendous Rhino, but everything about that character from his dialogue, his suit, the execution of his scenes was wrong and bad. He's also barely even in the movie.

Also, I think Paul Giamatti is a tremendous actor. I think had they actually taken the time to develop his character and do things right, he could've been a tremendous Rhino, but everything about that character from his dialogue, his suit, the execution of his scenes was wrong and bad. He's also barely even in the movie.

Absolutely this is what I say above. I hav trying to say this for sometime now

"Develop" his character, Vile? What's to develop? This isn't Ock or Goblin or Sandman or anyone with any pathos. He's always been a dumb meat-head crook out for power & money and that's it.

Other than a mech, what works in live-action? They could have him as some mutant literal half-rhino-half-guy, or they could go with some biological suit shenanigans. Mech's about the most "grounded" way you can go with it.

I think someday they could do a good Rhino on-screen, he'd make a great tragic villain. Sure he could be a joke, but at the same time he's also been scary before, or even sympathetic. There's a lot one could do with him in that mold being a big guy stuck in a silly suit longing for love and respect. Just put a guy in a big Rhino onesie lmao. The audience would laugh on command but then do the work and make them care for him.

@JubJub86 two actually good Rhino stories where he has some depth and pathos: Flowers For Rhino (Spider-Man's Tangled Web #5-6), and Amazing Spider-Man 617+625. Good stuff right there!

I'm not keen at all on Leto but I see your point. Jamie Foxx's Electro is another example, a genuinely great actor wasted on a nothing role. I'm glad he's getting a second chance.

I'm not. I haven't seen any footage yet.

"Develop" his character, Vile? What's to develop? This isn't Ock or Goblin or Sandman or anyone with any pathos. He's always been a dumb meat-head crook out for power & money and that's it.

More than having him grunt "I a killah!" in a bad stereotypical Russian accent onscreen.

Wodka. Borsht. Uhh, Lenin must crush capitalism roar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"