The Amazing Spider-Man I am the only one thats feeling this movie is getting worse with time?

I wouldn't say "most", but exactly.

HARRY POTTER is another one. The BOURNE films, the most recent Bond films...

Last edited:
Really? It's only been a few weeks since the movie was released. The movie has suddenly not aged well?

Sorry, but one of the most inane threads ever.

:whatever:

Really? It's only been a few weeks since the movie was released. The movie has suddenly not aged well?

It's weird but true, the first time I saw it I was blown away, but in later viewings when i wasn't suprized by how much I liked Garfield and Stone, the plot holes stuck out more and more. It's a very sloppy movie, thats not insane

It's weird but true, the first time I saw it I was blown away, but in later viewings when i wasn't suprized by how much I liked Garfield and Stone, the plot holes stuck out more and more. It's a very sloppy movie, thats not insane

lol

then

....i think you did....kinda :hehe:

That makes no sense. I was saying you can't look at Harry Potter not being pre written because it never happened. Then he said all fictional stories are pre written. I said no because an example is Back to the Future.

It isn't hard to follow

Unless I've missed a clever joke or something...

in·ane

   [ih-neyn] adjective 1. lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly.
2. empty; void.

That makes no sense. I was saying you can't look at Harry Potter not being pre written because it never happened. Then he said all fictional stories are pre written. I said no because an example is Back to the Future.

It isn't hard to follow

Oh, sorry i thought that you said that Harry Potter was pre written and then he said all fictional sagas were pre-written and you said that BTHF wasn´t s but it was successful and it´s a saga with Unresolved aspects resolved in sequels and they say to be continued and i think spiderman is doing the same and then i said you were answering yourself
:oldrazz:

Back to the Future was pre-written...

..all movies are. They go through numerous script changes.

Last edited:
Unless I've missed a clever joke or something...

in·ane

   [ih-neyn] adjective 1. lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly.
2. empty; void.

i know. i thought it was humorous that OP thought you said insane. As insane didnt really apply to anything you had said prior...

Back to the Future was pre-written...

..all movies are. They go through numerous script changes.

The way you worded it made it seem like "All fictional stories come from a book or poem created by an author for others to read."

My bad!

Many of the quote "unresolved" story elements are saved for a sequel. This is a trilogy after all. While it does annoy me that the film had an aggressive marketing campaign dubbing it "The Untold Origin Story", only a few snippets truly are different. If they were to dub the entire trilogy afterwards as "The Untold Story" then that'd be fine. Everything would be resolved and we would TRULY see the difference. It's best not to rush so much in to one movie as the first Raimi film did. They glossed over extremely important moments of the comics with montages. Peter did not confront Uncle Ben's killer until many issues later and it was one of the more iconic moments of the series. Coming face to face with the man who killed your Uncle after all this time. Same with The Daily Bugle. You need to have a reason for Peter to get a job there. They hint at that in TASM with the Reward for Photos of The Lizard. Regarding Captain Stacy's dying wishes to Peter, he had fully intended to honor them by staying away from Gwen. However, you saw how tormented Gwen had become. This is a girl who just lost her father and now the only other man she loves in her life is leaving her. Peter realized he was causing her more pain by being apart.

I don't think you understand the way that movies are made. The rule of three is the idea that people get bored after something is done more than three times. Also the idea there are three parts to a story a begging a middle and an end. This leads us to the creation of the three act story. Act one introduces us to the characters, shows us their motivations, and introduces the problem. Act two is where they face this problem and is the real meat of the story, where the characters at placed at a low point. Act three is the part where the climax is reached and the falling action. A trilogy is formed when there are complete stories in each act that together combined create a full story as well.

That being said a trilogy is born from necessity rather than a contrivance to achieve one. Subplots serve as enhancers to the story rather than ways to force it to continue. Saying something is being saved, isn't an excuse. It means we got an incomplete story and it if it had to be saved, then a sequel isn't justified as it could have been told in one story. I don't think people who defend the parents arc realize it didn't have to be resolved, it just had to be paid off in one scene near the end to have closed. The people who say the speech captain stacy made don't understand we just needed one scene where Peter silently acknowledges that he needs to give up his vendetta at least for now to have closed. These subplots are open and are now just plot holes and really weighs the movie down.

I don't think you understand the way that movies are made. The rule of three is the idea that people get bored after something is done more than three times. Also the idea there are three parts to a story a begging a middle and an end. This leads us to the creation of the three act story. Act one introduces us to the characters, shows us their motivations, and introduces the problem. Act two is where they face this problem and is the real meat of the story, where the characters at placed at a low point. Act three is the part where the climax is reached and the falling action. A trilogy is formed when there are complete stories in each act that together combined create a full story as well.

That being said a trilogy is born from necessity rather than a contrivance to achieve one. Subplots serve as enhancers to the story rather than ways to force it to continue. Saying something is being saved, isn't an excuse. It means we got an incomplete story and it if it had to be saved, then a sequel isn't justified as it could have been told in one story. I don't think people who defend the parents arc realize it didn't have to be resolved, it just had to be paid off in one scene near the end to have closed. The people who say the speech captain stacy made don't understand we just needed one scene where Peter silently acknowledges that he needs to give up his vendetta at least for now to have closed. These subplots are open and are now just plot holes and really weighs the movie down.
Well if the sequel is really good and resolves many stories, it will be fine.

Actually, if they were going for the realistic relationship/character route, I think that what the movie did was best. I mean, there was that look of realization on Peter's face during the dinner at the Stacy's, where he realized that the way he was going about things isn't what he should do, or what Uncle Ben would want him to do.

Actually, if they were going for the realistic relationship/character route, I think that what the movie did was best. I mean, there was that look of realization on Peter's face during the dinner at the Stacy's, where he realized that the way he was going about things isn't what he should do, or what Uncle Ben would want him to do.

:up: I love that.

Because, honestly, the only time that I would actually voice a realization out-loud like that is either when I'm rambling to my father or when I'm talking to myself (which I do when I'm thinking, and I'm usually pacing at the same time), and if I was Spider-Man I probably wouldn't reveal this realization to him.

the biggest unresolved plot hole in this movie was the flooded basement ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE THAT RESOLVED?!

Yea, when is Peter gonna drop by the hardware store already?

Yeah, you're right! I paid to see a movie with a flooded basement, and never see that resolve? Foiled again!

But it was very subtle. He didn't need to speak out loud. But that was a poor resolution to one of the main motives of the first act!

Well we will have to agree to disagree. as for me not knowing how a movie is made lol Thats a good one...now about that flooded basement.

I imagine it will be a three act story arc with a well established climax in the second film. We will see peter fix the broken fill line and all the trials and tribulations that go along with that. Then in the final film we will see how all the characters grow and develop from it.

I imagine it will be a three act story arc with a well established climax in the second film. We will see peter fix the broken fill line and all the trials and tribulations that go along with that. Then in the final film we will see how all the characters grow and develop from it.
:up: hopefully this does happen

But it was very subtle. He didn't need to speak out loud. But that was a poor resolution to one of the main motives of the first act!

Err.. everyone I talked to about the movie outside of these forums realized that Peter realized something in that scene.

Err.. everyone I talked to about the movie outside of these forums realized that Peter realized something in that scene.

yeah but its pretty cheap way to have one person say something then we have a totally new Spider-Man all of a sudden. It's just cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"