I enjoyed Batman and Robin

lol, true, I remember watching it at the cinema with my mum and her getting rather excited that they showed Clooney's bum!

Meh, I still think it's not as bad as everyone makes out...
LOL

The best part of the movie is when Batman smashes through the window of the Freezemobile and then it cuts to Batman opening his cape, revealing an oddly .

It's a perfect bookend to the similar scene in Batman that starts with "There is something that you have that I want" and ends with Vicki waking up in her apartment.

Batman clearly had his way with both of them, leaving them with a splitting headache and a whole lot of shame. :o He's a bad, bad guy.

I always wondered how Batman's cape stayed rigid in that scene...same goes for a couple of scenes in B'89, but I didn't have a problem.

lol... that scene is the definition of a jump cut.

There are parts I can enjoy. I like all the Alfred scenes and Uma Thurman could have been an incredible Poison Ivy with a better script and darker direction.

^^ I never thought Uma could be so annoying. I think she has her own merit on that. :word:

^^ I never thought Uma could be so annoying. I think she has her own merit on that. :word:

Well I didn't say she was incredible as the Ivy she was in the film. I said that she COULD have been. ;)

Ivy should be more like Phifers catwoman but with the plant obsession thrown in.

Ivy should be more like Phifers catwoman but with the plant obsession thrown in.

I think Ivy should have been played more like a witch. Not being an upfront seductress as much as using her chemicals and potions and power over nature to get what she wants.

I actually thought Ivy as the better character, she used her natural beauty along with her chemicals, that's basically how I see her...

Shame about the massive Little House Of Horrors plant attack sequence at the end though, that sucked.

good lord i forgot about the ice skates in their boots! what the hell was shumacher thinking?

good lord i forgot about the ice skates in their boots! what the hell was shumacher thinking?

Thing is, Batman having retractable ice skates in his boots has potential to be very funny. The idea of Batman ice skating should be funny. It's not something you'd wish to see in a major $100+ motion picture or a sequel to Burton's movies, but it should have been funny at the very least. If you're setting your target as low as possible, you have to atleast hit the target.

Some parts were watchable. The scene at the museum where Robin enters and you see the Robin symbol left in the wall (?). Hilarious. The Bat credit card scene....nuff said. The scene where they "surf" out of the jet and you hear Robin yell "Cowabunga!" The best scenes IMO come from Arnold and Gough.

i was curiious about the robin symbol lol. but any scene where batman and robin SURF out of a ROCKET.....and use the phrase cowabunga ta boot? that is not something i would deam as being "watchable"....in fact i would go as far to say that it should have been destroyed along with the bill belichick spy tapes.

Batman forever had potential, but fell far short....batman and robin was all about selling toys to kids. and that sir, makes me very sad.

LoL, I thought all of that stuff was hilarious. The bat-ice skates were the best.

Admittedly, I love the opening scene:D It's not what I wanted, but I know what it is when I watch it.

000021rk5.jpg

000022zu8.jpg

000026ow4.jpg

This was so much better than say- Catwoman, which was just no fun at all.

LoL, I thought all of that stuff was hilarious. The bat-ice skates were the best.

Admittedly, I love the opening scene:D It's not what I wanted, but I know what it is when I watch it.

000021rk5.jpg

000022zu8.jpg

000026ow4.jpg

This was so much better than say- Catwoman, which was just no fun at all.

The Bat ice-skates was actually the funniest part. I forgot to mention that. The opening scene was the best, but it just went downhill after that.

Am I the only one who liked Clooney's cocky "Hi Freeze, I'm Batman."?

It so reeked of "You might as well give up, I've arrived."

And then his gliding over to kick Freeze afterwords was cool (not so much the slide down the dinosaur's tail, but once he got into the air, he looked pretty cool.

And another thing... the trailers made B&R look so damn great.... the movie is really far from bad. You just remove the really bad stuff (that which everyone remembers) and you have a pretty solid Batman film. Maybe even one of the best, considering the Dick/Bruce conflict, Freeze, Alfred dying.

And another thing... the trailers made B&R look so damn great.... the movie is really far from bad. You just remove the really bad stuff (that which everyone remembers) and you have a pretty solid Batman film. Maybe even one of the best, considering the Dick/Bruce conflict, Freeze, Alfred dying.

That's a brave comment to make here-!

That's a brave comment to make here-!

Well, if all of the lame crap was cut away and the film could be reconstructed in such a way that you didn't notice it had been edited, it would have the strongest storyline and the most insight into the Bruce Wayne side of the character.

Think of it, by the time the film ends, Bruce has fought a villain who was not a villain and found himself with a greater sense of family. In some ways, in B&R, he's come full-circle from where he started off that night long ago when he was eight years old.

It was actually a good note to end on, it was kind of like the pre-crisis Batman of Earth Two (prior to his death, anyway).

I just wish there would have been a Crisis on Infinite Earths TV movie to set-up the re-adjustment and new continuity to BB. :oldrazz:

I just finished watching batman and robin. I think it is an entertaining movie. I think the governor of california is hilarious in it. I thought it was the best batman movie yet when I saw it in 4th grade. I think he is a tad bit annoying now, but back then I thought robin was to coolest. I still think that it looks cool when arnold freezes people. I also love the forever/b and r opening theme (not as much as elfman's, but still good).

000021rk5.jpg

000022zu8.jpg

000026ow4.jpg
LOL, how the hell did Robin leave a hole in the shape of a Robin symbol in the wall? :oldrazz: :dry:

Am I the only one who liked Clooney's cocky "Hi Freeze, I'm Batman."?

It so reeked of "You might as well give up, I've arrived."

And then his gliding over to kick Freeze afterwords was cool (not so much the slide down the dinosaur's tail, but once he got into the air, he looked pretty cool.

Fans always gripe about that line, but I never saw anything wrong with it. Clooney is indeed pretty damn cocky. It gives his Batman that... overseasoned trait... like he's been fighting crime for so long that it's become a rather relaxing hobby, not a weird and lonely therapy.

I love B&R. I've defended it before on SHH, and will continue to do so. It's an insane Batman film, I admit. But it's a film that I personally get lost in.

Clooney is indeed pretty damn cocky. It gives his Batman that... overseasoned trait... like he's been fighting crime for so long that it's become a rather relaxing hobby, not a weird and lonely therapy.

Yeah. Afterall, he did get cured at the end of Forever.

I don't think it's as bad as some people say it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"