I have a theory...

Hope van Dyne

Civilian
Reaction score
When Thanos snapped, we all know what happened. Everyone turned to dust and died.

Here's my theory: Remember how in Guardians of the Galaxy, in the end, they were holding the Power stone? When Peter got a hold of it he was going through the same process of dusting but slow.

My theory is that Thanos collected the infinity stones for this: the power stone to dust people, the time stone to speed it up, space stone to do it everywhere at once, mind stone to separate half from half, soul stone to separate lifeforms with souls from ones without souls so as not to kill half the carrots and apples. Then reality stone to survive it himself or to reach people using magic to shield themselves like the mirror dimension

Good take I like it. Definitely plausible too. I'm very interested to see what happened to those who dusted as I'm not completely convinced they are actually dead.

Hi by the way I'm new to the forum. Absolutely love the MCU so can't wait to talk about it with you all.

That is a very cool way to rationalize it. Typically the infinity gauntlet is shown as if you get them all you become god, not necessarily that each stone is carrying on specific tasks. It gives a good reason for all of them to be necessary for his plan.

I remember the directors said they originally thought of having the dusting effect be slightly different and colored according to which stone was doing the deed, but I think they said it would have been a little more confusing and take away from the moment.

Well it sounds nice but i dont think its the case.

I dont think the writers intended for it to be this way.

This theory kinda implies that Thanos in the worst case scenario for him wouldnt really need the time stone to complete his mission when it was made pretty clear he needed to collect them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"