I kinda hope this movie bombs....

DarknessOfDeath said:
I'd like to see more of our heros working together... combining their powers into one massive.. Mutant Power :p whatever u wanna call it.

I dunno if that'd work. I'd love to see team combos

spidoman said:
Give me an example of a movie that was about a team that all team members were represented well.

Hmmm....

Damn, I'm stumped. Cant think of any. dosent mean it cant be done.

spidoman said:
Give me an example of a movie that was about a team that all team members were represented well.

The Lord of the rings trilogy. No "star" per say in them.

LOTR..not neccesarily a team..but alot of characters where well presented to the audience...each character had great moments....and they even had the longer versions on DVD..

The Batman said:
Hmmm....

Damn, I'm stumped. Cant think of any. dosent mean it cant be done.

Honestly, and this is pretty sad, I think the best example was That Thing You Do! (movie about a small Wisconsin band making it big, directed by Tom Hanks fyi)

The Batman said:
I dunno if that'd work. I'd love to see team combos

... well you know what I meant right? Just them working together...as a team... in a fury this world has never witnessed!!

CapBeerCino said:
The Lord of the rings trilogy. No "star" per say in them.

I knew someone would bring this up. What exactly do you call Aragorn? Gimli and Legolas were cool, but they were just grunts. Aragorn, the hobbits, and partially Gandalf were the multi-demensional characters (and that took 12 hours worth of movie keep in mind)

CapBeerCino said:
The fellowship was not a team?
ok then...the fellowship was broken...and they split up...if you're talkin bout the first movie then you're right

spidoman said:
I knew someone would bring this up. What exactly do you call Aragorn? Gimli and Legolas were cool, but they were just grunts, Aragorn, the hobbits, and partially Gandalf were the multi-demensional characters (and that took 12 hours worth of movie keep in mind)

Gimli and Legolas portrayal was good and true to the canon (just look at the fan reaction they got).
All team members represented well in LotR imo.

This Movie kind of got a Box Office Boost today. With the announcement today that a New Second Full Trailer of Superman Returns will Premiere with X-Men 3. This Movie will have both X-Men & Superman Fans going to see this Movie.

I find it funny my pro X3 thread gets deleted for negativity but this crappy thread is allowed to stay. Fair is fair, shut it down.

I sort of agree with the OP. I want the movie to be good, but at the same time, if they really have pissed all over the source material this much, I want Fox to learn its lesson. And Tom Rothman. Again.

taintedFB said:
If Logan was a supporting characterin X2 and X3, then a spinoff would make sense. Hugh should go back to Broadway or Australia.
That´s ridiculous! He´s a wonderful film actor and performer, why should he hide this? Wolverine haters go so far as to wish a good actor to "go away" simply because he´s GOOD at his job? :down:mad:
This Cyke thing is going too far...next people will start talking about shooting Hugh Jackman so he won´t return as Wolverine. You should be glad that the X-Men franchise has such good actors like him! :o

Sheesh, I can understand people being pissed at Wolverine, but why take it out on Hugh? I'm a Cyke (and Wolvie fan) but I'm not even that mad! Chill out guys!

Tony Stark said:
I'm going to see this movie opening weekend, so don't get on me too bad. But if this movie is a huge success, then the studio will just think that they can screw over the fans and get away with it.

These aren't their characters, if they're anyone's they're Stan Lee's and Jack Kirby's, but we are the ones who made them successful.

This isn't just about Cyke either, it's about the horrible use of Xavier's character in the trillogy, dispite a wonderful performance by Patrick Stewart. It's about blatantly changing the story lines from the comics, so it doesn't even remotely resemble the comics.

You can change a few things, ala Spider-man with organic webshooters, but what they've done in this film is the Equivalent of having Aunt May defeat Harry as the Green Goblin 2.

The Phoenix story was all about Jean and Scott, period. In fact I remember reading an old "What if.." book about "What if Dark Phoenix lived?" In that book Jean killed all the X-men, (I remember Collosus and Wovlie tried a fast ball special and Jean turned him around and made Collosus de-armor and Wolvie killed him). The last two were Cyke and Dark Phoenix. Cyke said something like "I'm sorry Jean but I can't let you do this..." He gave her the full optic blast, and Jean turned it around and killed him. When she saw what she did to Cyke, she was overwhealmed with guilt, and her rage and anguish over killing Scott caused her to destroy the whole universe and herself.

The book ends with the Beyonder saying something like, "Of all the universes I have seen this is the most tragic...."

Yet in the movies, Jean kills Scott and she feels nothing? In fact in the next scene she's wanting to get busy with Logan? WTH????

Now I am very much looking forward to Kelsey Grammar as Beast, and the Pyro vs. Ice-Man battle. There are going to be some good things in the movie, but they will by far be overshadowed by the bad.

:up: :up: :up:

I'd love to see it bomb and Rothman lose his job over it. That won't happen, because there's enough people that will go see it regardless of how disgusting it is. But maybe it'll at least underperform a bit. As long as Superman makes more than it does, I'll be happy.

CapBeerCino said:
Gimli and Legolas portrayal was good and true to the canon (just look at the fan reaction they got).
All team members represented well in LotR imo.

LOTR was everything that the X-Men series was not...and should have been. Imagine 3 movies of nothing but Gimli.

Tony Stark said:
I'm going to see this movie opening weekend, so don't get on me too bad. But if this movie is a huge success, then the studio will just think that they can screw over the fans and get away with it.

These aren't their characters, if they're anyone's they're Stan Lee's and Jack Kirby's, but we are the ones who made them successful.

This isn't just about Cyke either, it's about the horrible use of Xavier's character in the trillogy, dispite a wonderful performance by Patrick Stewart. It's about blatantly changing the story lines from the comics, so it doesn't even remotely resemble the comics.

You can change a few things, ala Spider-man with organic webshooters, but what they've done in this film is the Equivalent of having Aunt May defeat Harry as the Green Goblin 2.

The Phoenix story was all about Jean and Scott, period. In fact I remember reading an old "What if.." book about "What if Dark Phoenix lived?" In that book Jean killed all the X-men, (I remember Collosus and Wovlie tried a fast ball special and Jean turned him around and made Collosus de-armor and Wolvie killed him). The last two were Cyke and Dark Phoenix. Cyke said something like "I'm sorry Jean but I can't let you do this..." He gave her the full optic blast, and Jean turned it around and killed him. When she saw what she did to Cyke, she was overwhealmed with guilt, and her rage and anguish over killing Scott caused her to destroy the whole universe and herself.

The book ends with the Beyonder saying something like, "Of all the universes I have seen this is the most tragic...."

Yet in the movies, Jean kills Scott and she feels nothing? In fact in the next scene she's wanting to get busy with Logan? WTH????

Now I am very much looking forward to Kelsey Grammar as Beast, and the Pyro vs. Ice-Man battle. There are going to be some good things in the movie, but they will by far be overshadowed by the bad.

I don't want the movie to bomb, but I do agree that the Phoenix story was all about Jean and Scott.

If there is a Xmen 4, instead of going straight to the new bad villains we are going to waste a hour about how Cyclops or Xavier's comes back to life. If they are even in the next X movies.

Tony Stark said:
To me what they've done is akin to making the Lord of the Rings where Frodo dies jumping into the Lava with the Ring instead of Golem.

Actually it would be like Frodo getting killed by Shelob, and Sam going to complete the quest.

An excellent point.

Now make the real people involved see what you have seen and we all be happy ever after.

This movie should & is going to do very well. Im happy with the outcome!

Well all I have to say to all of those who kept on saying through over the year that the Xmen film serious is supposed to have some realism to it, are going to be totally blown away by the 360 it has taken.

-Æ- said:
Well all I have to say to all of those who kept on saying through over the year that the Xmen film serious is supposed to have some realism to it, are going to be totally blown away by the 360 it has taken.

I haven't seen you in a while... :p Are you happy with the 360 it has taken?

CapBeerCino said:
I haven't seen you in a while... :p Are you happy with the 360 it has taken?

To be truthful, with the almost spots, trailers, and releases ive seen on this now. The dialouge seem eify, the effects dealing with particles and rendering is terrible. Yet, Im still going to see the movie on opening day, so my opinion could vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"