World I knew you would do this IDW

deathshead2

Avenger
Reaction score
:mad: I knew you would raise the prices up to 3.99 on the transformers well I told you I won't buy comics anymore if they went that high and I can by backissues of marvels for $1. I won't be buying them from you anymore except for beastwars cus that the only title Furman can write.:mad: IDW sucks!

From Ryall, the publisher:

http://forums.idwpublishing.com/cgi-bin/ik...=ST;f=21;t=1638

The bottom line is, we want to keep doing TF comics, and we can only do so on a long-term basis--in order to satisfy the terms of our agreement and keep costs where we need them to be--by going with our normal pricing. We tried it at a reduced price (for us--we're not "the big four") and if we'd put up sales similar to those publishers, we could have kept on as we were. But this is a superhero-driven industry, and for smaller publishers selling 20K copies of books with high licensing fees to make it in this world, it necessitates different strategies.

So as much as I wish these books were selling 100,000 copies and allowing us to keep things as they were, that's just not realistic for an indie publisher. So these books fall in line with all of our others now. I've tried to give more content for the bucks, in the form of letters pages and previews and other things that aren't just print ads, so hopefully the people who like what we're doing appreciate the fact that this is simple comic book industry economics, and not anything else.

Don't care and thanks IDW you killed transformers for me and I think they did for alot of others fans. IDW will go under next year because of there crappy expensive comics.:mad:

I'd gladly pay a little more for the comic, knowing that IDW will stick with it longer so we can get a series going that will last longer then 6 issues.

I'd gladly pay a little more for the comic, knowing that IDW will stick with it longer so we can get a series going that will last longer then 6 issues.

I agree with you, I wish DW had been able to stick with it longer. So far IDW has done a great job.

Yeah, DW was the absolute best a Transformers comic has ever been, and probably will ever be. But...I do love the IDW 86 Movie adaptation. I can put on TFTM soundtrack and have a blast reading that over and over again. All the stuff Figueroa has done at IDW has been top, but that guy doing the main G1 title, sucks. I hate his style, the way he draws the Transformer's feet as Gundam feet instead(what a F***'in Hack!!!), and the way he draws everything else looks like poor standards in comic art from 1975. Unless you have Figueroa or Ng, or guys with that standard for art, there really isn't a point in having a Transformers comic at all. I hate being able to draw better than the guy doing a comic story that i love. I want to be inspired by the art, not embarrassed!!

I have no problem with the increased price tag. The necessity is sound. And really, unless there's a mini that's being released alongside the flagship, I'm only paying an additional dollar per month. If there is a mini, I'm paying two dollars more per month. Whatever. Such is the requirement for supporting an indie publisher whose stories I enjoy. And I care about supporting, hence why I shop at my local comic shop rather than through mail-order subscriptions.

The mythology being created under IDW is pretty good, I think. It's enjoyable to read, and it's sweet how everything combines together to form that mythology. Fig's art has been top-notch (Mmm, Stormbringer), and I dig Su's art on Infiltration/Escalation.

I have to go with the pro-IDW bandwagon on this one. I think Infiltration/Escalation is one of the better TF stories Furman has written, plus IDW doesn't smear the same four overused TFs all over the book, and there isn't an ongoing habit of squeezing in "repaint" characters (like Sunstorm or the non-armored Magnus). And I like Su's artwork because it ISN'T chock full of goofy anime-styled robot poses or misproportioned TFs. And Figueroa may be a master at drawing TFs, but his humans suck, and they're important to the mythos no matter how you slice it; Su's humans may have a bit of manga to them, but at least they look like they're expressing emotions.

If paying a little more means never having to see any more of that crap in a TF book, all the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"