I Must (Point) Break You - Dolph Lundgren joins the cast!

According to Aquaman Shrine, he's Nereus. Nice!

King Nereus? Wan is going into deep cut territory here. I agree with KW. This is getting a bit stuffed. I mean, I expect Orm to bite it and hope Manta sticks around for sequels, but that still means they both have to get some development in the movie. If Nereus is there too then unless it's a nothing part then he needs time too. So... Aquaman origin, relationship with his human father Tom Curry, relationship with Mera, Atlantean politics, Vulko, Kidman as Aquaman's mom, Orm's schemes, Manta's schemes, at least, what a minimum of three big action set pieces? I know Wan is talented but it does seem like a lot of plates to keep spinning.

Maybe it's just because it's a lesser known name playing him, but I feel like Manta might end up being more akin to a tease for future films than a full-on antagonist.

Maybe it's just because it's a lesser known name playing him, but I feel like Manta might end up being more akin to a tease for future films than a full-on antagonist.

That could work too. I just hope they don't punk him the way they did in the THRONE OF ATLANTIS DTV.

Can we at lest wait for a plot synopsis or maybe a trailer before complaining about this being overcrowded?

King Nereus? Wan is going into deep cut territory here. I agree with KW. This is getting a bit stuffed. I mean, I expect Orm to bite it and hope Manta sticks around for sequels, but that still means they both have to get some development in the movie. If Nereus is there too then unless it's a nothing part then he needs time too. So... Aquaman origin, relationship with his human father Tom Curry, relationship with Mera, Atlantean politics, Vulko, Kidman as Aquaman's mom, Orm's schemes, Manta's schemes, at least, what a minimum of three big action set pieces? I know Wan is talented but it does seem like a lot of plates to keep spinning.

If done well, it still can be pulled off... one just has to know how to juggle these balls. My guess would be that Orm and Nereus will make a pact of some kind to have Arthur killed (Nereus probably sending Mera to do it), but at some point one kills another and establishes himself as the main villain, with Black Manta being mostly a hired muscle. Or Orm even might not be an antagonist until late in the film, similarly to Harvey Dent in TDK. I just hope Wan knows what he's doing.

Is it confirmed that Orm is an antagonist? I thought he was going to be like Sinestro or Mordo. I bet Nereus will be the lead villain and Manta will be the henchman like Faora.

Well, I see no other way for Arthur to claim the throne in the film otherwise.

It's Dolph Lundgren. How sizeavle a role is he likely to have? He's just one part of the films political tension most likely.

Wan is delving into The Dark Knight level of multiple villains --Joker, Two-Faces,
and Scarecrow. Except that he mentioned in past that Aquaman is going to a "fun adventure". We have heard about the concept arts featuring fantastic landscape and out-of-mind stuffs like armoured sharks and other deep sea beasts --all of this pointed to an unique cinematic experience IMO.

Is it confirmed that Orm is an antagonist? I thought he was going to be like Sinestro or Mordo. I bet Nereus will be the lead villain and Manta will be the henchman like Faora.

They can keep Orm's turn into Ocean Master until a sequel. I'd cope. But Manta as just a henchman? I would be really disappointed.

I think Orm just abdicates and then turns evil in the new comics.
They can keep Orm's turn into Ocean Master until a sequel. I'd cope. But Manta as just a henchman? I would be really disappointed.

I doubt Manta dies and returns like Scarecrow in the Nolan trilogy.

I think Orm just abdicates and then turns evil in the new comics.

That doesn't mean Manta is one and done. He could return like Scarecrow in the Nolan trilogy.

My guess...

Manta - tease for future sequels
Dolph - Act I threat
Orm - full on antagonist

I guess this makes Dolph's third time acting in a comic adaptation.
dolph-lundgren-the-punisher-movie-marvel.jpg

8d00c2ef894d25cc61113cf61533c4a7bb32d46e.jpg

Very interesting and exciting choice! DC seems to really have it for Dolph(Arrow); Good for him. Can't wait to see him and Momoa interact! Both towering figures.

Interesting. For some reason I always think dolph looks like an ageing Flash Gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"