i now understand the religious mindset.

War Lord said:
I can only speak from a Christian viewpoint. The basic reason, backed up by science, that God gave us all those do's and don't's is that it helps the human race survive, thrive, and maximize their potential.

For example, although man was meant to be a vegetarian (this is shown in Genesis), after the fall, it wasn't possible. So God took the next best step and basically said, "If you're going to eat meat, here's the meat to eat." The animals that are listed as unclean tend to be either carnivores, scavangers or are naturally disease ridden.

What's guitared is, in reality, someone found out these bits of good advise from personal knowledge or experience and not from God or some divine being, but instead of trying to enlighten others the normal way, they write down in a book that the grand creator, "God," told them and everyone should obey.

i think they were convinced god told them they were probably on drugs or poisoning their brains or something. since that would also explain the martyrs.

Outsiderzedge said:
What's guitared is, in reality, someone found out these bits of good advise from personal knowledge or experience and not from God or some divine being, but instead of trying to enlighten others the normal way, they write down in a book that the grand creator, "God," told them and everyone should obey.
yeah, that's the basic premise of my argument.

Danalys said:
i think they were convinced god told them they were probably on drugs or poisoning their brains or something. since that would also explain the marters.
hahaha.

religious experiences of today are the same they were of yesterday. the difference is we can prove the ones today are rubbish with evidence.

i mean who's that poster who thinks he's battled demons. that's some ****ing trippy ****.

Danalys said:
if there is one thing religion can offer to people that is worthwhile it is a feeling of being at peace. peace is such a gift that people believe it must be given. so they think of a god the could have offered them the peace. but peace is not given it is freed from inside and sometimes without the freer knowing how they did it.

I would completely embrace the fact that Religion could have a good cause in this way, if there weren't so many wars and corrupt politics directly from Religion.

Danalys said:
some beliefs lead to peace better than others. some lead away.

that's up to the person, isn't it? not quantifiable

religion is one of the best at leading people to peace.

Any belief system can be a religion, like atheism. In fact, I would say that human beings are incapable of not being religious...this thread is a perfect example.

thus i choose it to talk about. also threads with religion in the title draw moths to the flame.

In other words, you don't disagree with what I'm saying (and haven't really countered anything I've said).

Atheists believe the way they do because it brings them peace of mind to know that they will never be judged by their creator.

no i think a god would judge me fairly if there was one. i don't believe because of the psychological reasons that lead to belief. i know why they believe down at the deepest core of their mind because i mirrored it in my own. for 2 seconds i believed in god. then i snapped my self out of that sillyness. when it come down to it the sensations of life feel nicer when you are at peace within yourself. you feel the ocean of bliss. and the ocean is so beautiful to you that you think there must be a god. so the argument is beauty therefor god. and that arguement doesn't work. so i abandon the idea of god and am thankful that evolution managed to shape us into what we are instead. your god is that part of the brain that gives you the carrot and your devil is the part that gives you the stick. also there's the halucination angle. certainly people have had religious experiences on drugs.

The best argument for/against religion is the movie "Momento"

You all should watch it sometime.

Danalys said:
i mean who's that poster who thinks he's battled demons. that's some ****ing trippy ****.

It's easy to just say somethings made up if it helps you in your own stance. If you have a way to explain how all those situations happened to me and it not be Demons or God or whatever, I'd like to hear it. I wasn't asleep, I wasn't tired, I've never done drugs or drank alcohol. I have never been on any heavy medications, and at no time during the situations where I have confronted Demons, was I on anything sort of medicine, not even advil. I have no history or family history in mental illnesses or hilucinations. I was a good student in school and sharp minded. In some situations I was in prayer, while others I wasn't even thinking about God in the slightest. And it all adds up to what the Bible (the book that was written so long ago and is apparently flawed) says about it and how it happens.

And I'm not lying about it, because what good would that do? Why would I make up something to prove a religious belief, when me having to make it up would severely weaken my own faith, knowing that I'd have to make up things to justify it? It'd serve absolutely no purpous.

So... tell me how this didn't happen? I'm curious to hear your take on it.

Danalys said:
also if you own someone completely, they don't even know they've been owned.

Actually, if you truly own someone completely it's because they've knowingly, voluntarily and enthusiastically given themselves to you in complete servitude but somehow I don't think you and I are talking about the same thing. :)

jag

you're terrible jag. besides if you bring them up from birth never understanding the concept of ownership sort of like danny the dog then they are owned. untill pianists foil your plans that is.

Danalys said:
you're terrible jag. besides if you bring them up from birth never understanding the concept of ownership sort of like danny the dog then they are owned. untill pianists foil your plans that is.

It's the seduction and the watching them struggle with themselves before finally giving themselves over that's enjoyable to me, though. :)

jag

JewishHobbit said:
It's easy to just say somethings made up if it helps you in your own stance. If you have a way to explain how all those situations happened to me and it not be Demons or God or whatever, I'd like to hear it. I wasn't asleep, I wasn't tired, I've never done drugs or drank alcohol. I have never been on any heavy medications, and at no time during the situations where I have confronted Demons, was I on anything sort of medicine, not even advil. I have no history or family history in mental illnesses or hilucinations. I was a good student in school and sharp minded. In some situations I was in prayer, while others I wasn't even thinking about God in the slightest. And it all adds up to what the Bible (the book that was written so long ago and is apparently flawed) says about it and how it happens.

And I'm not lying about it, because what good would that do? Why would I make up something to prove a religious belief, when me having to make it up would severely weaken my own faith, knowing that I'd have to make up things to justify it? It'd serve absolutely no purpous.

So... tell me how this didn't happen? I'm curious to hear your take on it.

i'd go for overly high seratonin or eating things that break down to halucinitory drugs in your system. water intoxication could be another. in fact there are so many possiblities that can insidiously build up to cause delusional states that it's hard to pick one.

Danalys said:
i'd go for overly high seratonin or eating things that break down to halucinitory drugs in your system. water intoxication could be another. in fact there are so many possiblities that can insidiously build up to cause delusional states that it's hard to pick one.

And now you're just pulling crap out of your butt. And how can this 'crap' effect groups of people? One situation had 6 of us there, another situation had a completely differant set of 6 people. Anther situation had 3 of us there, etc etc etc. How do you explain me seeing an angel that someone else saw to the exact description and in the exact location... when I hadn't met that other person and he died about 3 years before I saw it. I didn't even know he saw it until after I saw it, and then I learned that he had always seen an angel standing in the exact place I saw it.

because the same place can have similar effects on similar people. also memory is fluid and changable. people have had memories implanted with simple techniques before. similar stuff can happen without it being diliberate. your beliefs manifest themselves in your interpretation of events. which aren't nessersarily the truth of the matter.

JewishHobbit said:
And now you're just pulling crap out of your butt.
My friend's son did that when he was 2, at the dinner table.
He reached into a bowl of sour cream with the crappy hand and flung it at the wall and started laughing.:(

JewishHobbit said:
And how can this 'crap' effect groups of people?

Did you all have the Chicken Kiev for lunch? :confused:

jag

Danalys said:
because the same place can have similar effects on similar people. also memory is fluid and changable. people have had memories implanted with simple techniques before. similar stuff can happen without it being diliberate. your beliefs manifest themselves in your interpretation of events. which aren't nessersarily the truth of the matter.

And what if only 2 of the 6 were actually christians (in one situation it was at my house, and only my wife and I were christians. My mother, stepfather, and siblings had no belief in God at the time).

And I'm sorry, but if you find all that stuff you're saying more believable than what I've said, then you're more loopy than you've accused me of being.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
My friend's son did that when he was 2, at the dinner table.
He reached into a bowl of sour cream with the crappy hand and flung it at the wall and started laughing.:(

Wow.... that's a heck of a story. At least when my brothers and I use to do it, it was while we were in the crib :)

it's genuine psychological theory tested against evidence of psychoactive ingredients.

as for your last response. you can actually cause others to buy into your delusion creating a memory which matches your own close enough. or they could be placating you. there are tried and tested ways these things work and you can do them without knowing it. ever thought that you might be a natural hypnotist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"