• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I swear this is the weakest July for movies I have seen

I don't think it'll get better until 2011. The only movies I know of next year that I'm looking forward to are Iron Man 2 & Toy Story 3.

There's also Robin Hood, Inception and Jonah Hex.

dont forget James Camerons Avatar, ha u know thats getting pushed back.

I seriously doubt this. Fox has their entire 4th quarter 2009 projections basically depending on the success of that movie.

Am I the only one who likes the Ice Age series?
It's coming out in July, too. And it certainly will makes lots of money.

Last edited:
i guess you are, im not watching Ice Age
if you ask me the first one was kinda boring

this year is completly nubs. the only movies saving this year so far are watchmen, star trek and the hangover in my opinion. There is just too much space between big movies this year. think about the lineup going into this year and how it panned out.

wolverine (should have been good but sucked)
star trek (exceeded all expectations)
terminator (should have been good but sucked)
fast and furious (should have been good but sucked)
watchmen (even though the money wasnt there it was still better them other crap to come out this year)

just a bad year in general../

Public Enemies is really the only movie aside from maybe Bruno that dudes I hang out with want to see...they ain't really fans of animation, family movies, or Harry Potter-type stuff, so it's kinda sparse.

I agree that this entire summer has been lacking. Besides Star Trek, Up and Angels & Demons are the only movies that have really impressed me. Everything else has been meh or sucked. The Hangover was funny, but so far I've skipped everything else in June. I'm not sure how good Transformers will be tomorrow, either. I think this summer's smaller films will makeup for the disappointments in the blockbusters. Public Enemies, Inglorious Basterds, Bruno, Funny People, those should all be good. Oh, and I kind of want to see G.I. Joe.

2009 has been a weak year overall. I've only seen Watchmen, Star Trek and TS so far, and will only be going to see RotF, HP and Saw VI for the rest of the year most likely. Nothing else has caught my interest.

Last edited:
2009 has been a weak year overall. I've only seen Watchmen, Star Trek and TS so far, and will only be going to see RotF, HP and Saw VI for the rest of the year most likely. Nothing else has caught my interest.

You are not interested in Public Enemies? It looks like it will be a great movie with terrific actors.

Not really much left for me:
Transformers
HP
Bruno
Funny People
District 9

As far as the movies I have seen this summer Drag Me to Hell and especially Up have been great.Wolverine really sucked.I haven't seen Star Trek or The Hangover but I plan to_Other movies I plan to see for the rest of the summer are
Transformers 2
Public Enemies
Bruno
Funny People

Summer 09 will be the summer known to be effected by the writer's strike.

There's also Robin Hood, Inception and Jonah Hex.

BTW, where the heck is the news on Green Hornet. (not Lantern, but the Seth Rogen movie)? I haven't heard anything from it and it's being 'relased' next June.

A DC Comics movie would have killed in this time frame, or even at the beginning of June along with Hangover, which has had basically no real competition all damn month.

Yeah. Too bad DC are bad at releasing Superhero films that doesn't include a Bat or a man with an S symbol on him.

I'm all M-nighted out, so I'll be skipping Air Bender.

I never liked M night, but I liked Avatar: TLA. It's gonna be a toss up though I'm leaning towards not seeing it.

from looking at wikipedia

Robin Hood
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
The A Team
The Green Hornet

Inception
Predators
The Expendables

I hope these films are good. I think most of these movies sound like misses, and I still don't know much about The A team other than Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper being in it.

The others sound pretty solid. Ridley Scott and Christopher Nolan will not fail with their respective films (Robin Hood and Inception). The Expendables sounds like it could be a very exciting action film.

btw . I think this summer did definately have "less" big movies . Sure MAy was crowded as hell but the general performance of most movies have been lacking due to the absence of high profile blockbusters.
The highest grossing movie of this summer is Star Trek with around 200 plus million. Up also hit 200 million and there is a (good) chance that The Hangover will also hit that mark.

Compare that with summer of 2007.
4 movies that hit 300 million :
POTC 3 , Shrek 3 , Spider-man 3 , Transformers

And 2 movies that hit 200 million :
Bourne 3 & Harry Potter

Granted i still feel that releasing POTC 3 , Shrek 3 and Spider-man 3 in May ended up cancelling each other out in terms of exceptional BO performances but they still made loads of money.

2007 wasn't really that weak a year for films. Sure, there weren't many high Grossing films, but there were still many other good films during the summertime that was released.

Live Free or Die Hard
Knocked Up
Simpsons Movie
Ratatouille
Talk To Me
Rescue Dawn
Surf's Up
And my personal favorite: SUPERBAD!

Still, when I look at the list of films released in summer 2007, there were a lot of terrible films released that year IMO:

Spiderman 3
Delta Farce
The Ex
Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer
Evan Almighty
I know pronounce you Chuck and Larry
Bratz The Movie
Hot Rod
Underdog
Daddy Day Camp
Rush Hour 3 (a movie I enjoyed because Chris Tucker wasn't that bad but it wasn't anything special)

2009 has been a little weak, but there are many films that caught my eye. The movies I saw (and liked) were Watchmen, I love you man, Adventureland, Star Trek, Drag Me to Hell, and Up. Don't ask me about Wolverine, Fast and Furious, and Terminator Salvation Those three sucked.

There are still many films I look forward too:

Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen
Public Enemies
Bruno
I love you, Beth Cooper
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
Funny People
500 Days of Summer
Inglorious Basterds

Though I'll be honest, August is the months that looks much weaker compared to last year.

Major Major letdowns

Terminator:Salvation
Wolverine......both godawful

major highs

UP
Drag me to Hell

Transformers..meh. Like the 1st one ...I dont expect much

hopefully next year is good prince of Persia is the one i cant wait for

Major Major letdowns

Terminator:Salvation
Wolverine......both godawful

major highs

UP
Drag me to Hell

Transformers..meh. Like the 1st one ...I dont expect much

I don't expect it to be good. I expect it to be AWESOME

AWESOME = Michael Bay = All action and everything else about the film sucking, but I don't care.

Just remember guys, this is the strike summer. That's why most of the movies are sucking.

Also, though not really in junction with the board, I'm wondering why Transformers 2 is coming out the week before the week of Independence Day, instead of next week. Usually I think there is a big action film to drive that week (Like Will Smith movies and Transformers 1 two years ago). There's no real big movie next week for ID4. (We've got a crime drama and animated film instead)

Also, though not really in junction with the board, I'm wondering why Transformers 2 is coming out the week before the week of Independence Day, instead of next week. Usually I think there is a big action film to drive that week (Like Will Smith movies and Transformers 1 two years ago). There's no real big movie next week for ID4. (We've got a crime drama and animated film instead)

Probably because they don't want to compete with Public Enemies?

Im really loooking forward to Public Enemies but TF2 would have blown it out of the water. It may still do that actually

Ice Age will be the big winner of the 4th this year, just like NATM2 against Terminator.

I'm not really anitcipating the new Harry Potter anymore because it's PG? Why did they downgrade the rating, I hope the new two (7 parts 1 & 2) are PG-13 because those books were dark.

well HBP was kind of dark...I heard they cut out alot and I mean alot of stuff. I didnt like the fifth one so I still hope HBP is good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"