I think HRG was the Assassin

Um. Don't see where I said it should be Papa Petrelli. Might have said it in another thread or something.

Still, rather a totally new character than HRG.

that's what I was replying too...

personally I'd go in a different direction with heroes.

I wouldn't really introduce anymore characters. But rather, as the fate of the world is constantly in flux, I'd have those heroes who are good rotate, and those that are bad, rotate. Heroes becomeing villains, and visa versa. Precisely how it would end up working in the real world. (i.e. some days, Hiro is a good guy, sometimes not, dependent on the situation he is in. Future Hiro was a little more villainous, while current Hiro was a nice guy) Take that idea, and take it to further extremes. Just how Hiro and Peter were pitted against each other in the finale, because their seperate world views clashed (Peter was being mislead, but the concept is all there)

I mean we have all these people with powers. And they've shown, that some start off good, and end up bad. The opposite is therefore possible. And we've also heard from the elder generation, that they started off good, and some slowly became evil over time.... and thats how I feel the show should go.

Instead of bringing in a new villain to fight every season, why not turn established characters into villains... and bring in new characters the same way they have always generally done (new character, discovers new powers, and must deal with life until said new character gets dragged into what is already a soap opera)

I've never really liked the narrative idea in TV, where each season is a new villain (think Buffy, or Angel, most seasons ended, with a villain being beaten, and a new villain showing up for the next premier). It's not to creative IMO. I would much rather see established charcters fall (ie. what they did with willow in Buffy), rahter than new randoms who just show up to cause trouble, because the writers have run out of bad guys to fight

I'd rather see new characters. Because it seems that anyone with the right genes can get powers, meaning that there is going to be many super powered individuals.

And the whole... discovers powers... putts along... bumps into story... cycle of new characters, worked in season one. But volume two it doesn't quite work. That whole Monica storyline, to me, blew. Especially when her power went all useless and she turned into a damsel in distress.

I think it was HRG or Papa Petrelli. HRG has the incentive to do it, if the order came from Bob. Papa Petrelli could be a new villain introduced, and this would be an impactful entrance to the show.

I don't buy the "it's not HRG because of the shooter's build" argument. Alot of people kept saying the hooded killer was West, Peter, or a woman because of the killer's build. Adam was said to be too tall to be the killer. Eventhough it was the obvious choice (based on motive) Adam. Regardless of the build, the killer has to have motive.

So I don't think it is Claude. Why in the hell would he help the Company?

I don't think it is Peter. This makes no sense was so ever. Especially when they made it a point to show both Peter and Nathan having a sentimental moment before Nathan started the press conference.

From a storyline perspective, it makes the most sense to have it be HRG or Papa Petrelli. Then you would have Claire's foster daddy shooting her real daddy, or you would have father shooting son. Either way, it would make for an interesting Volume 3.

It's a new character. I don't see it being anyone else. doesn't look like HRG and no way would peter kill his brother.

I really think it's Papa Petrelli.

His "suicide" may have been a cover up or he may have been healed by Linderman. Angela was willing to let Peter blow up and Matt kill Nathan, she's obviously not a good mother at all. What's to say that their dad is any different. It would be a good twist to many people, plus it could open up another villain from the third volume, which happens to be titled "Villains".

I doubt it was HRG. It's too obvious to be him. I suspect that the assassin was either a new character, or one of the characters that we'd last expect.

only if they don't give a relatively valid reason why they did so. I find that people that point this fact out on this board, are bored... and need to do something else, and just end up looking like asses, who think they own the board. Now that we are even:

I agree with you... but I think I've provided a pretty good reason to stop watching,,, and that is: if they do the same thing they did this season, only with different characters... I won't be impressed. And that is what I was replying to. The previous poster had pretty much outlined a plot line, that was in essence, the exact same thing that happened this season,,, the only difference was that he substituted nathans dad in, where Adam once was. Hell, while were at it, why don't we just do the whole first season over again, just rotate the characters into different positions?

Man, please. You aren't going to stop watching.

rolleyesx100ul5.jpg

I don't think it was HRG. There was a report saying we're going to see some new heroes so I think it's someone new.

I doubt it was HRG. It's too obvious to be him. I suspect that the assassin was either a new character, or one of the characters that we'd last expect.

My thoughts exactly.

Adam was also said to be "too obvious" the choice to be the hooded killer. All I'm saying is that HRG has the motive.

This is kind of "classic", TPTB confuse viewers by putting a slim guy as the shooter. When you stop the image of the shooter walking away, it is obvious he doesn't look like HRG, but it doesn't mean it couldn't be him, after all is just fiction TV. So HRG is still an option, but it could be a new character too.

i think it maybe it was a new guy that we haven't been introduced to.

could be claude. maybe we saw him and then in the next episode they will explain it that it was a shot for teh audience which means that noone saw him. it was strange that someone kills nathan and noeone turns around.

the next episode will explain IMO everythng.

I was thinking that they may be trying to dig out Peter and Nathan's dad as the assasin.

That he really wasn't dead after all but in hiding for whatever unknown reason to us.

Never thought about HRG--good possibility--but I am leaning more towards my original thought or atleast some variation. I think the shooter is going to be someone unexpected and new to the show.
That's what i thought first too :up:

after another viewing I think it will be HRG tho

could be claude. maybe we saw him and then in the next episode they will explain it that it was a shot for teh audience which means that noone saw him. it was strange that someone kills nathan and noeone turns around.

Why wouldn't he just disappear to avoid being caught? It wasn't Claude and I doubt it was papa Patrelli. It looked like HRG, glasses, trench coat, and all.

Claude would not try to help the Company that tried to kill him.

someone try and get a pic of it and get everyone's opinion see if you can narrow it down or figure out it's someone new... ya never know

I agree with the Claude theory, havent seen him in a while.
Plus, Peter was the only one to see the bloke walk away, he was the only one able to see Claude remember?

I wouldn't mind if it was Claude. It's true, he's been gone for a while now.

That would be a good way to introduce someone new. Great imagery there, too. Makes Nathan into Bobby Kennedy.

I agree with the Claude theory, havent seen him in a while.
Plus, Peter was the only one to see the bloke walk away, he was the only one able to see Claude remember?

soz, just rewatched scene and realised my theory was wrong, it was Parkman who saw the killer.

UPDATE:

Heres some screencaps of the killer
did in spoiler tags to save room
This screencap shows the killer is wearing a black/dark jacket - Claude wore a jacket, Future Peter wore a jacket like this - as did Hiro so this could link to "Four Years Later"
assasin3fs7.jpg

This screencap shows the killer's face turning sideways, proving the killer has short hair.
assasin2bz8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"