I think I have decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
I have been looking at all the options....
McCain, althought I like him....he is a little on the old side and he is a little to liberal on many of his views for me...he is out.

Huckabee, not that I am anti-religion, I am personally not religious, and being a preacher, is a part of him. Someone separating that from his decision is a concern. Plus, I dont think he has any real foreign policy....he is out

Guiliani, he is way to soft on immigration and having been married 47 times doesnt honestly show any sort of longterm devotion....he is out

Romney, I honestly dont have a problem with his religion, doesnt bother me, unless he was a Satanist....he is goot with finance, he is by far the most intelligent when it comes to the numbers, and we really just might need that in the upcoming year. The rest he is ok
...so Romney it is

Malice, I believe that Romney is a good choice. I would vote for him definately if he were the the Nom. I on the other hand still plan on voting for Huckabee in the Primary next week, mostly because of his Tax Plan. But, I wholeheartedly would support Romney for President, even though I don't like he has stated he hasn't "Had Time" to review the Fairtax.

I don't like any of the Democrat candidates outside of Edwards (who has zero chance of winning). McCain comes off as too much of a lap dog for me...and I am nervous that he is bound to pick an extremist conservative, Bush-esque running mate, to balance his ticket...and I honestly don't think he will make it past his first term. He ain't getting younger. Huckabee seems nice on the surface, but some of the comments I've read from him scare me.

That leaves me with Romney. He is definitely the smartest of the bunch. And while he comes off as a smug prick, I don't think he will **** things up too badly. I only see any of these candidates being one term presidents. I feel like Romney is the best suited. I'll vote for him if he gets the nomination. Unless Bloomberg runs third party.

One thing I hate about Romney is his damn plastic hair!

Pretty sure Im voting 3rd party as soon as more info comes out about the candidates.

I have yet to vote for anyone but third party.

Since I don't see Huck getting the Nom., I'm fine with voting for Romney as well. If McCain were a little younger and more flexible, he'd have my vote.

Since I don't see Huck getting the Nom., I'm fine with voting for Romney as well. If McCain were a little younger and more flexible, he'd have my vote.
I have one question for you.

Does Huckabee represent more of your political leanings, or are you just wanting to vote for the winner?

I plan on voting for Huckabee, even though it is more than likely going to go to McCain or Romney (Florida that is) but, if Huckabee the most part represents for my ideals, that is the person that is going to be getting my vote, because if I was going to just for a winner, then it doesn't matter who I vote for. Because at least the person that best represents me gets that extra nod, and hopefully the Media and the rest of the Republican Party can see that in the end, it was a vote for a set of beliefs.

The only wasted vote is the one not cast.

The only wasted vote is the vote for Duncan Hunter.

The remarkable thing about this Republican race is, there is no such thing as a wasted vote. For the Democrats, any vote thats not for Obama or Clinton are essentially wasted. But with this Republican race...it looks like it could be a 3 way race (Romney, McCain, Huckabee) past Super Tuesday, all the way until the end. Maybe even coming down to the convention itself. Hell, if Rudy manages to pull the upset in Florida, it could be a 4 way race. It is actually really exciting to watch.

The remarkable thing about this Republican race is, there is no such thing as a wasted vote. For the Democrats, any vote thats not for Obama or Clinton are essentially wasted. But with this Republican race...it looks like it could be a 3 way race (Romney, McCain, Huckabee) past Super Tuesday, all the way until the end. Maybe even coming down to the convention itself. Hell, if Rudy manages to pull the upset in Florida, it could be a 4 way race. It is actually really exciting to watch.
Actually, in the Dems case, you can't quite say that either. If more people didn't just Support Obama or Clinton just because it was the thing to do, and actually put their votes in a candidate like Richardson, the race would be comepletely different.

If someone appeals to what you like in a represtative, vote for them, no matter who.

Actually, in the Dems case, you can't quite say that either. If more people didn't just Support Obama or Clinton just because it was the thing to do, and actually put their votes in a candidate like Richardson, the race would be comepletely different.

If someone appeals to what you like in a represtative, vote for them, no matter who.

In Iowa/NH, yes, but now, its a wasted vote. Edwards is a lost cause, which is why he is hugging Clinton all the time, and who else is there? Gravel?

I've said it before, but this thread seems worthy to say it in again. As opposite my views are to Romney's (whose dad was twice the man he'll ever be on the issues to begin with, which seems to be a prevalent theme); he seems like the least whacked out Repuglican.

I disagree. There is no such thing as a "wasted vote". Actually, if you wanted to vote for Edward, but voted for Obama or Clinton instead, because they are the front runners, THAT would be a wasted vote.

With that said, Paul all the way. :up: :yay:

I don't know why anyone would vote for Republicans,seeing as how they made America what it is now.

But that doesn't answer the question. :p

Just because a small group of Republicans who were/are in power are bad, doesn't mean they all are. There are many corrupt Democrats too.

I don't know why anyone would vote for Republicans,seeing as how they made America what it is now.

Not all Republicans are corrupt asshats. Corruption and incompetence is something that plagues all political parties around the world. And it's not just the Republicans fault either, the Democrats too have to share the blame because a lot of Democrats approved of George Bush's war in Iraq, reauthorized the PATRIOT Act, allowed the fiscal irreponsibility to continue, and pretty much just played the blame game instead of actually doing something to actually counter the Republicans.

Just because a small group of Republicans who were/are in power are bad, doesn't mean they all are. There are many corrupt Democrats too.

Oh, I agree. That's why I usually vote third party. At least they haven't proven they're corrupt yet. Mostly.

It's why, unlike most people who seem to blindly throw in with their party, I vote on issues and what people say. With the exception of President, I've voted for a number of parties, including the big two. I'm willing to vote for a Republican (I tend to side with them economically) or a Democrat (I tend to side with them on social issues). As well as Libertarian, Green, Reform, Independent, and I think I even voted for a Natural Law once. I just hate blanket statements that say one party or the other is corrupt, or that one party or the other is the only party that does things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"