I thought Shredder WAS NOT in this film? Then what's this?

4NutzinYoface

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=39033&cat=4547

Check out this link to (and this one too to see all the hella-wicked TMNT movie figures by the way! http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=4547) what is OBVIOUSLY Shredder! Or what, maybe a copy-Shredder of some kind and not the real one?

Or is this action figure just made for this toy line for the heck of it..some companies are known to produce figures that weren't even in the movie..not just variations of main characters but all new characters.

Can someone explain this? :ninja:

lady splinter? and did you check out that action figure of april's?

Karai is in this....it is probably her dressed up in her daddy's gear.

yay! I love the van because I use to have the original party wagon van for along time

The 4 basic figures are a must! I haven't seen really good ones since the movie figures with the pupils and spots on them

untitleduu6.jpg

Toys aren't always in the movie.

He looks like that scientists dude with the long chin!

I've heard they are going to incorporate flashbacks to the previous movies....maybe this is the result of one of those flashbacks?

honestly, Shredder's design is too...I don't know. I feel that less is more, and this is too much..

Octoberist said:
honestly, Shredder's design is too...I don't know. I feel that less is more, and this is too much..

I agree. I loved his design on the first TMNT movie. Yea it was live action, but I feel like it would still incorporate well in CG. It was simple and didn't look like it was overdone.

Ya, I also think it might be a flashback. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing alil bit of Shredder in this film.

Pretty spiffy looking figure.

Not sure how to answer this one, I mean, from what we've been told, Shredder is not in this film. But I assume that this figure is a result of Shredder being incorporated into the film via "Flashbacks", or possibly a quick cameo near the end of the film to convey that the report of his death in the 2nd live action New Line Cinema film was greatly exagerated.

Also, I can't say I disagree with Octoberist about less being more. The live action Shredder suit was indeed, great. And was pretty damn perfect for those films, but personally I figured we were going to see something different with this new film. Design wise atleast. And apparently thats what happened. But I wouldnt rule out The Shredder's suit changing once again, if even for a small amount of time, in a future sequel if this upcoming film proves to be successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Personally, I think if that Shredder IS infact in the film, I'd be extremely happy with that design!

I think it's incredibly cool. He looks like he can take on the damn city in that outfit! And as you can see...it sure makes one helluva figure! :D

Doesn't he know that turquiose is out this season? :o

Maybe it's from a flashback sequence in the movie to explain why the Shredder's not the main villain, i.e. 'cause he's dead.

Here's where the thread is wrong.

No one ever said Shredder was NOT in the film.

All that was said was that Shredder was NOT the main villain of the film. And I've pointed this out before, Kevin Munroe seemed to heavily imply at the SDCC panel that there would be something Shredder maybe in the movie, but it would be a surprise. Like a Shredder cameo maybe. We'll see.

But the people who said or thought NO SHREDDER were/are wrong.

batman7289 said:
i dont want shredder its been done before

I'm with you man. It's like Lex Luthor in the Superman films. Go to someone else or don't even think about making a movie.

If he doesn't die in the next one or a latter movie I'll be pissed. Bring on Darkside, Parasite, Livewire, Brainiac, Metallo, etc.

As for the Turtles it's time for the Triceratons, Krang, Baxter Stockman, Rat King, and mobsters.

Once again, Shredder is not a main villain in this movie. He's taking a backseat.

TheVileOne said:
Here's where the thread is wrong.

No one ever said Shredder was NOT in the film.

All that was said was that Shredder was NOT the main villain of the film. And I've pointed this out before, Kevin Munroe seemed to heavily imply at the SDCC panel that there would be something Shredder maybe in the movie, but it would be a surprise. Like a Shredder cameo maybe. We'll see.

But the people who said or thought NO SHREDDER were/are wrong.

I have always maintained that the main twist would invole Shredder in some way.

That could be very well possible. And if that is actually a Shredder action figure, it supports this case as well.

However, Shredder's appearance could be a flashback as well.

Ok guys here whats going down, The reason they have the shredder figure is cuz of the new game base of the new movie. If you have gone to IGN or any other video game web site and look up the new TMNT game for PS3, Xbox360,etc. , It will tell you that Shredder makes his return but, it won't say how he comes back until the game is played. They just made the figure cuz personally I think there is going to be a sequel. And if there is, then I hope they base it off the Ninja Tribunal Storyline. But, they might not.

It's not Shredder's brother, and it's not based on the Ninja Tribunal (which has been placed on further hiatus - the DVD's release has been pulled and further episodes on Comcast's VOD have been removed from the schedule).

The action figure and the battle against Shredder in the video game are both based on Shredder's appearance in the movie.

I like the sea monster dinosaur-looking one!
Well, Transformers also have a line of toys of their forms in Cybertron and it's not said they're showing anything like that in the movie. Just "batarded" merchandise from a movie.
Also, as the amerimanga style is very, shall we say, "trendy" these days, I find normal they designed also Shredder.
Anyone else that thinks that the faces of the TMNT don't work too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"