i thought Tony was trying to REEDEEM his mistakes

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by 3dman27, Sep 11, 2016.

1. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Have you ever heard of 'never use a cannon to kill a fly'?

I wouldn't call Bucky their 'best man'. Their deadliest most dangerous weapon, sure. But you don't need that to kill Howard. Another assassin, or even a team of such, could have killed Howard just as dead.

Cap couldn't rule out that it was Bucky, but he had no real reason to believe it was him, either. Not unless HYDRA no other hitmen.

2. Capsfan Registered

This is the sequence that Zola showed him. It doesn't take great intelligence to figure out the hint. Steve isn't stupid, you know. Somehow fans strongly suspected it was Bucky even before CW. Why not Steve, he's a smart guy.
    [​IMG]
    Also, the Russos confirmed this is how Steve knew it was Bucky.
    Personally, I think the better explanation would be that Steve knew about Bucky from his research during 2 years he was looking for him. Or it was in the file Natasha gave him.

Anyway, the question remains: if Cap didn't strongly suspect it was Bucky, then why he didn't tell Tony HYDRA killed his parents?

#102 Capsfan, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  3. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

Fandom throws a lot of stuff at the wall, not everything sticks.

Also, viewers have an advantage over characters. We can recognize when a chekov's gun is being set up, but there's no reason the characters would, any more than you can spot a Chekov's gun in real life.

I'm not saying he didn't know. Just that the fact that he did is contrived.

4. faith853 Registered

Cause Tony thought he knew what he wanted but honestly the Sokovia Accords were a mess and not even those who signed are happy with it.