"I Used to Wear a Towel as a Cape"

Jokeneser

Semi-Awesome Incarnate
Reaction score
Although I might have lets say 'grown up' a little since then, I have, like most people viewing this, been/are a huge Bat-fan. Here is my very breif history:

As I kid, I had almost all characters, heros and villians alike, of the series and pretty much every bat-mobile of the series. I had hundreds [exaggeration] of Batman's and such. I owned a cardboard box that was about 3ft X 3ft and around 3 ft. tall full of figures, 'mobiles, capes, weapons, etc.

Regardless of where I went, I would always wear a bath towl wrapped around my neck as a cape. Eventually, I owned two different Bat-suits. One was all black with the yellow-oval symbol that was mostly fabric. I also owned a chestplate that came with a mask as well as a few gadgets with it.

At one time, there was a contest to win a little battery-powered Bat-mobile that you could ride in. Ya know, the really small ones like the jeeps and stuff. I never applied and I was upset, but about 2 months later, all my toys were sold anyways.

So I grew up but never forgot. Occasionally I will flip in my B89 VHS, yes I still have one, and watch it. I may even watch some clips on YouTube.

As of now, every Saturday morning, I watch The Batman series. I watch various clips of the original animated series and movies--BB or B89. I am superly hyped for TDK, as anyone else. I prolly plan to stay away from the hype so I don't accidently catch a spoiler. But I'll only linger around the Batman area, cause all the other heroes suck! :hehe:

Anyhoo, I would be glad to hear if you have been a long time fan or have been just introduced and, if you have been a life-long fan as moi, how far or ridiculous were/are you?:brucebat:

I started as a Batman fan when TSA came out, I vividly remember being at a friends house and us reliving that moment from the intro where he stands on the building with the lightning. It's just built from there, my dad took me to see Forever when I was 7 years old as a surprise and I got a whole host of merchandise that christmas, along with the VHS.

It pretty much fizzled out in my early teens, but came back when I hit college and university and had disposable income, my collection has quadripled in the past year and i've taken an active interest in all areas since BB came out.

I started as a Batman fan when TSA came out, I vividly remember being at a friends house and us reliving that moment from the intro where he stands on the building with the lightning. It's just built from there, my dad took me to see Forever when I was 7 years old as a surprise and I got a whole host of merchandise that christmas, along with the VHS.

It pretty much fizzled out in my early teens, but came back when I hit college and university and had disposable income, my collection has quadripled in the past year and i've taken an active interest in all areas since BB came out.

I feel like a disloyal Bat-fan cause I never say BB before. I attempted to, but fell asleep. (Not because it was boring, it's just a long story as to why I was so tired)

That's why I plan to make my own website: BatTube.com! :up:

I used to have his face all over my underwear!

Ah, my Batman history is a strange one. I started liking Batman after my mom bought me a Batman: The Animated Series "movie" and a few Batman actions figures from a garage sale, but I was hooked. After that I watched the animated series every time I got the chance, and I probably saw every episode made. However we moved, they stopped showing the show as often, and I grew up, so my love of Batman was halted. I remember the last Batman movie I watched was Batman and Superman, a mix of those two original animated series.

But, back in 2005, I sas Batman Begins, and my old love was partly rekindled. However, it wasn't till a few days ago in fact that my intrest was once again sparked, when I saw the trailer for the Dark Knight with my friend. The past few days I have spent watching TAS episodes, and researching everything i could about Batman. And, I must say, I'm glad to be back...:brucebat: ...

not to stray off topic, youre from Boardman? Im in Warren.

I started at a young age with Batman, also wearing a towel pinned around my neck. Thats when my fasination with costuming started. I had the Mego dolls and collected the comics. Watching the cartoons on Saturday mornings. Been collecting the comics and the toys/memorabilia consistently now for 20 years. Tho I have my personal favorite versions of Batman, I enjoy all the incarnations that have come thru the years.

Ah, my Batman history is a strange one. I started liking Batman after my mom bought me a Batman: The Animated Series "movie" and a few Batman actions figures from a garage sale, but I was hooked. After that I watched the animated series every time I got the chance, and I probably saw every episode made. However we moved, they stopped showing the show as often, and I grew up, so my love of Batman was halted. I remember the last Batman movie I watched was Batman and Superman, a mix of those two original animated series.

But, back in 2005, I sas Batman Begins, and my old love was partly rekindled. However, it wasn't till a few days ago in fact that my intrest was once again sparked, when I saw the trailer for the Dark Knight with my friend. The past few days I have spent watching TAS episodes, and researching everything i could about Batman. And, I must say, I'm glad to be back...:brucebat: ...

That pretty much sums everything up about me as well...

not to stray off topic, youre from Boardman? Im in Warren.

I am actually not from Boardman, I just lied. But I am, however nearby. That, though, will remain anonymous...:cwink:

I used to wear the towel-cape :)
Then I moved up to taking jackets and just putting the hood on my head, and running around

Life long fan,. I actually remember watching the 60's tv series as a toddler. :wow:

My fondest memories are probably from the early and mid 70's...the old tv show was being repeated daily, the Super Friends ruled Sturday morning, The Mego action figures were highly sought after collectibles, and of course the comics were raging....

It wasnt until the hype for the Tim Burton motion picture began, over a decade later, that i ever felt that amount of fandom again...:brucebat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"