I Want to Turn My Head: The Batsuit Thread

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
New movie, maybe new batsuit or modifications to the old one. What would you like to see?

...add more gadgets, have him adapt his suit to situations (concerning the belt/side grapple/forearms)

A more proper wing cape, other than that there's no need to change anything cosmetically.

It's damn near perfect, already.

Pretty much have the same philosophy as what they did for the Raimi Suit from SM1 to SM2. Update, but keep the suit basically the same. It's too iconic to Battinson to overhaul

new utility belt, gauntlets, and more gadgets. also, I really really want him to repurpose the taxi driver mechanism into a batarang dispenser and make a handheld grappling gun.

Keep the collar, no more detachable symbol and grappling gun-sleeve, and give a cape with the gliding ability. I really love this suit and I think they nailed the tactical aspect of it.

I'll allow myself to repost that here :

Count me on the "no new batsuit for the sequel" team.
I don't think the costume needs to be drastically altered, or more specifically, I don't want it to evolve for that Batman to become too high-tech.
What I think would be interesting though, is to see the suit being more damaged and dirty to signify the escalation of violence in Gotham, as highlighted in the final dialogue with Catwoman. That would also be a nice way to naturally add scallops to the cape, perhaps the only iconic element that design left out.

Just out of curiosity, I quickly reworked the costume to try those few adjustments and do some more that I wouldn't mind such as:
- A simplified version of the forearms, which I didn't disliked in the movie, but felt a bit too bulky to my tastes in some shot/stills.
- A slight adjustment to the cape so it come down a bit more on the shoulders.

Since I was at it, you'll notice I've made a few other minor alterations. Nothing that bothers me in the original design, just some more exploration:
- A very slight reshaping of the ears to make them more classic.
- A polished surface logo on the chest.

gcg7.gif

Side by side :
krp3.jpg

Minor tweaks. Continued refinement. Something a bit more sleek and uniform. Same DNA as the first one.

Yeah, this really needs to be very minimal if any adjustments to the suit design, kind of like how the Raimi Spider-Man suit changed a little bit going from SM1 to SM2.

Minor tweaks. Continued refinement. Something a bit more sleek and uniform. Same DNA as the first one.
I want modular upgrades to a few features for functionality and story reasons, leaving the rest of the suit exactly as it was in Part I, give and take some additional scars or what have you. I want it to be obvious that it is exact same base suit but with say a new belt or gauntlets, etc.

I don't think the costume needs to be drastically altered, or more specifically, I don't want it to evolve for that Batman to become too high-tech.
What I think would be interesting though, is to see the suit being more damaged and dirty to signify the escalation of violence in Gotham, as highlighted in the final dialogue with Catwoman. That would also be a nice way to naturally add scallops to the cape, perhaps the only iconic element that design left out.

Just out of curiosity, I quickly reworked the costume to try those few adjustments and do some more that I wouldn't mind such as:
- A simplified version of the forearms, which I didn't disliked in the movie, but felt a bit too bulky to my tastes in some shot/stills.

Since I was at it, you'll notice I've made a few other minor alterations. Nothing that bothers me in the original design, just some more exploration:

gcg7.gif

Side by side :
krp3.jpg
I heard the boots were made by Vibram. :o

Count me in for minimal - if any - changes. Maybe a few refined aspects to show that he's becoming more experienced... but nothing more than that. The batsuit should reflect the character of the Batman wearing it, and this version would not suddenly be jumping around in a rubber suit. Utilitarian, practical, with relevant nods to the fear factor and symbolism of the bat is all he needs.

Refine it. Make it more sleek as we go.

The foundation is solid.

gcg7.gif

Side by side :
krp3.jpg

this is absolutely rad

My only hope is that they fix the ears.

They're so thin when viewed from the front, almost like bug antennas.

They also go in at the base and make his head look bulbous.

My only hope is that they fix the ears.

They're so thin when viewed from the front, almost like bug antennas.

They also go in at the base and make his head look bulbous.
I agree. I love the cowl, but looking straight-on, it has a "bug like" look to the ears. That's really my only "complaint". I guess maybe make the cape 1-2 inches longer?

That's about it.

tumblr_mq4fgyPMGu1s9816mo1_500.gif

Nope - Pattinson's cape is a perfect length, exactly like BTAS.

step-robert-pattinson.gif

...those visible folds is too sexy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"