Iconic Superhero Moments on Film

I get that these moments are favorites of yours, but is any of them iconic?

captain-america-civil-war-11.jpg

As someone who went into this film as a non-believer, I was amazed that I got much more drawn into the conflict between Tony and Cap
than the conflict between two arguably more famous superheroes, which occurred in another 2016 film.

However, I was sucked in. CW is a great cbm, and the above image is pretty much straight from the comics - although the story was seriously streamlined for the film.

Yeah that image itself is iconic as hell.

It's been mentioned before, but that 360 shot of Cap, Hulk, Thor & Iron Man, all standing side-by-side, ready for battle in NYC was pretty amazing. All of those stand-alone movies (IM1&2, CA:TFA, TIH, Thor) were building up to that one moment.

The only thing that really detracts from that shot for me is Cap's costume. I find it so distractingly poor in that movie.

His costume from 'The First Avenger' was perfect. Don't know why they changed it. It was a little too bright and colorful in 'The Avengers'.

I really don't like the black costume he wore in Infinity War. Doesn't resemble Cap at all. And he wasn't even wearing his helmet. It would be nice if he goes back to the original costume in the next movie.

I'm gonna be that guy and put a DCEU moment in here:

I still love her entrance and the Trinity together shot. Just wish it wasn't in a movie that I personally didn't like.

Man of Steel is not a great movie, but it does have one of the best flight sequences in any superhero film. It's maybe the only time in the whole DCEU that genuinely captures the essence of the character.

It's been mentioned before, but that 360 shot of Cap, Hulk, Thor & Iron Man, all standing side-by-side, ready for battle in NYC was pretty amazing. All of those stand-alone movies (IM1&2, CA:TFA, TIH, Thor) were building up to that one moment.

His costume from 'The First Avenger' was perfect. Don't know why they changed it. It was a little too bright and colorful in 'The Avengers'.

I really don't like the black costume he wore in Infinity War. Doesn't resemble Cap at all. And he wasn't even wearing his helmet. It would be nice if he goes back to the original costume in the next movie.
I like his Winter Soldier and AoU outfit.

I think folks are a little too eager to pick favorite shots. To me "iconic" means most folks (moviegoers) instantly know what that movie is and the context of the film it is from. It almost transcends the film and becomes part of our greater pop culture.

So those I think actually warrant that level of grandeur:

tumblr_lz7rlqnIJc1qdj4i3o1_500.gif

1466EF6744621AE93D8BC88A517C020448BE2DBE

UcG7.gif

giphy.gif

AthleticEachLangur-size_restricted.gif

e4a5679e-160c-4ab6-94fc-399886e76e77.gif

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F05%2F31.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_omrn1fITaC1uezmbko4_540.gif

Last edited:
I think folks are a little too eager to pick favorite shots. To me "iconic" means most folks (moviegoers) instantly know what that movie is and the context of the film it is from. It almost transcends the film and becomes part of our greater pop culture.
That's why I picked scenes that are mostly talked about, even the bad ones.
The bit I shared from Mask of the Phantasm might not be truly iconic, but it deserves to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"