Ideas for how the 10 Rings can be used in the future?

Rice Eater

Civilian
Reaction score
I was a big fan of how they changed the Ten Rings in this movie and many felt the same. They showed off a variety of ways it can be used in combat. I just wanted to list them first, tell me if I missed anything else.

-Energy blast(this was only done once though I believe)
-Throwing them out as projectiles themselves
-Force field/shield
-As a whip
-As a platform
-Increase ones own physical attacking power
-To spring you forward like you got shot out of a cannonball

So during the mid credits they talk about how the rings are much older than Mandarin and that they don't know what it is. Besides the beacon thing, I think they'll unveil more powers and abilities that it can do in the future. So here are a few of my ideas.

Future ideas
1. Similar to the whip idea, I want him to use it like a grappling hook with 1 ring acting like a ceiling. He'll be able to swing around without buildings. Even spidey would be jealous lol

2. I was always against the cloning idea, but I think this could be a cool idea. What if each ring could project an image of the wearer, or even create a clone body? Meaning it would look like 10 Shang Chi's all wearing only 1 ring each around his forearm. Between the two I would prefer it to be fake projections rather than actual clones though.

Of course they can go back to some of the powers it originally had in the comics. I don't think I would be a fan of it having other powers like an fire blast or if they gave it other powers like telekinesis/telepathy. But whatever they do I don't think they're done adding powers to the rings.

Eh, I feel like it's best to stick to what we've seen, and stuff that is directly in theme. The Ten Rings are basically "Lightning Kung Fu, The Artifact", so go with that. Now, what would be in theme are some more "soft style" uses, as befits Shang-Chi knowing and practicing the martial arts ideas of Ta-Lo and his mother's side of the family. So, while Wenwu would use a "lightning whip" as a direct attack, I could see Shang-Chi using it as a *restraint*, to grab and contain someone without zapping them to death. Similarly, I could see Shang-Chi using the Rings in orbital mode to redirect and re-aim an incoming energy attack, as opposed to simply blocking/parrying it.

I could see them taking over a place like Madripoor and starting a very rickety and dubious government

I could see them taking over a place like Madripoor and starting a very rickety and dubious government

I mean, that makes sense. They are inanimate objects, I doubt they are particularly skilled at organization or leadership.

:p *ducks*

Yeah, this is one of the things I was most intrigued about at the end of the film. Since they changed the nature of the rings from the comics, very curious about the open ended nature of that beacon. And the fact that it only activated when Shang-Chi used them, to me suggests they have more power to be unlocked that we haven't seen yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"