Ideas for Man of Steel 2

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I am pretty sure we will get another solo Superman movie starring Henry Cavill (most likely after Justice League: Part Two). What I want to know is what are everyone's ideas/pitches for the next solos Superman movie? Also would you want to see any other heroes pop up maybe in a cameo?

I have an idea myself but will post it later as I'm currently at work. Mine does involve Brainiac, Faora, Emil Hamilton and the Phantom Zone.

You know ever since watching the animated film Superman vs. the Elites i would love a MoS film base on the book "What's so funny about Truth Justice and the American Way?"

A Superman film about the citizens of Metropolis, and what their standing on a Superheroes stance on being a Judge, Jury and Executioner is.

Are they in favour of Superman killing villains that kill the innocent? Well it worked for Zod.

Or do they think that absolute power can corrupt absolutely? The destruction of Metropolis showed us that Superman's too powerful and him meddling with human affairs might be dangerous.

Now that would make a great film! :woot:

Love that idea, such a great story too.

Mine goes a little something like this...

All is good in Metropolis, Clark is happy with Lois and Superman is still doing the odd rescue, cats out of trees, workers falling at construction sites, etc. But there's been no super villain activity since JL Part Two. He has constructed a Fortress of Solutide in the artic from pieces of Krytonian tech left behind (that Lex had used in BvS) in a cave in the artic aswell as some trinkets from his superheroics.

On a normal sunny day though there is incredibly bad weather, storms raging etc and Superman has to work as hard as ever saving people, be it because of falling from buildings, cars crashing etc. A portal opens only for a brief moment in Metropolis where the Black Zero had been sucked into the Phantom Zone in Man of Steel. Superman flies down towards it as it begins to suck material through and he holds himself infront of the portal but it closes suddenly. He then looks on the ground and a man is curled up shaking, he reaches down to see if the man is OK but is shocked when he sees that it's Professor Hamilton, he sees Superman and says "hes coming" and hands Superman the Kryptonian key that was left behind in the Black Zero in MOS. Then he collapses into unconsciousness.

We then cut to Star Labs, where Hamilton is been looked over by Doctors and Scientists. Superman remains there but is told to go home and they will update him on Hamilton's condition.

However, no one can contact Superman as he is at the FOS with Lois and the Kryptonian key, he can't get it to work as he hasn't quite set his system up properly. He has his robot working on the computer to fix it. He does however have a machine that alerts to any crimes or disasters. The alert goes off and he tells Lois that he will take her home, she says no chance she's coming to. They fly to Metropolis where another portal has opened, it's again sucking things in. Superman tells people to get back as its not safe, he walks towards it and he looks with his telescopic vision out comes flying FAORA who tackles Superman to the ground. The two battle in Metropolis and as they battle, Faora begins to sweat and she ends up collapsing in Superman's arms. He also takes her to Star Labs unsure of what is going on.

They put her in a room shackled down with Kryptonian metal under red sunlight. She awakens and Superman talks to her through a glass window. She calls him a coward for not facing her in person, he tries to talk her down and asks her how she got out of the Phantom Zone. She says she will only speak to General Zod, Superman tells her that Zod is dead. She demands to know how, he says that he killed him and that he regrets it. She goes crazy, Superman steps into the room, she attacks him but it's the attack of a weak person. She ends up collapsing into Superman in tears.

Later, Hamilton is resting (in the evening) he awakes, but he's not awake he seems more like a a man in a trance. He gets out of his bed, he talks to someone, who isn't there. He pulls out what looks like another Kryptonian key only this one has a three pronged symbol on it.

He finds what looks to be a control room, he can access it via a retina (guess someone forgot to take Hamilton off the access list). He enters the dark room as the lights come on, eh walks towards a main screen. He looks at the USB and the key he has, it won't fit but the key morphs as if it's a liquid metal into the right shape. The key uploads a virus on the screen as the three pronged triangle shape appears on all screens. It also appears in the room where was, Faora sees it through the glass and she looks afraid. Superman asks her how she escaped, she says that they need to leave this planet as its doomed. Suddenly a soldier comes to the head man in charge General (?) and says that Hamilton is in the control room. Superman leaves the room with Faora and goes to the control room, the doors won't open but he pulls it open with his bare hands. Hamilton turns around and says Brainiac is coming then collapses on the floor. As he does we see liquid metal crawl out of his ear and joins up with the key, it then scurries away.

Hamilton is again taken to rest, Superman returns to his fortress where his robot has finished up sorting the console. He enters his key and before him is Jor El, they have a little back and forth. He then asks Jor El who Brainiac is, Jor El's expression turns to dread as he tells Kal of the City of Kandor. We see a flashback to Krypton of the City been taken by Brainiac's drones, Zod and his army try to fight and save Kandor but the City is bottled up, Zod vows that Krypton will take Kandor back. Jor El tells in their research Brainiac had decimate the planets he had taken samples of. Kal asks if Brainiac destroyed Krypton but Jor El says no as he probably knew the planet was already doomed. Kal asks how to stop Brainiac and Jor El says he doesn't know.

Anyway I can't really write anymore detail than that but Hamilton's loading into the computer was the beacon to bring Brainiac. Superman must find the answer to stop Brainiac himself, Brainiac invades via his drones as his Skull ship nears Earth. He ends up getting Faora to help him fight Brainiac and his drones, she does end up helping protecting people including a moment where she saves a child who thanks her for saving her. A little tear slips out of Faora's eye in this moment. By the films end Superman fights Braimiac on his ship as they figure out (via Hamilton) how to open the portal back to the Phantom Zone. Superman is pushing Brainiac's ship into the Phantom Zone and Faora helps him. Superman is going to have go into the Zone but Faora blasts him off with her heat vision as she tells him to cherish his world. Faora and Brainiac's ship (with a beaten Brainiac on board) slip into the Zone as it closes in space. Superman watches on as we cut to a newspaper praising Superman and Faora for saving Earth. The film ends with Clark and Lois going out for lunch (or something else lighthearted).

Last edited:
They need to stop making Superman films where he is saving everyone from himself. All the destruction in MoS was his fault, all the crap that went down in BvS was his fault... it's no wonder he hates being Superman in the Snyder-verse.

I'd make a movie in the style of Star Trek IV. There would be no identifiable bad guy, but the world would be in great danger (via something other related to Superman's presence). It would be fun and it would have a message. It would be more of a disaster movie than a superhero one with Superman going up against nature.

I'd do something smaller scaled and more personal than an end of the world/alien invasion type story. I'd do something where Clark and Lois are the driving force. As investigative journalists they're trying to bring down Bruno Mannheim and Intergang who's been buying politicians off in Metropolis (shout out to Action Comics #1). Thwarted by Superman once and crippled by the Daily Planet's own Clark Kent and Lois Lane Intergang becomes determined to acquire enough kryptonite and cybernetics from STAR Labs to create Metallo as a deterrent for the Man of Steel. All through illicit means of course. Here we have a personal story allowing us to connect with Clark and to see how he uses his powers in his day to day. Little things like X-Ray vision and Super Strength to get the scoop. And we've also got mid tier threats through Intergang (advanced tech) and Metallo (kryptonite) who pose a threat to Superman without an "end of the world, where's the Justice League?" type of scenario. In the last act during his fight with Metallo Clark goes fullblown Superman and we get the set pieces from Man of Steel and Batman v Superman balancing action and character.

Open up with Supes preventing an earthquake by moving huge rocks and **** underground.

I'd do two scenes where Superman is fighting. One towards the end of the first act (where he fights Intergang, follows their car after they kidnap Lois after discovering she has dirt on them. Then an homage to AC#1 cover by shaking thugs out of car and scares them into giving base location). Here Superman gets his "warehouse scene" where he clears these thugs and saves Lois with no casualties.

Another action set piece where Supes is fighting Metallo in Metropolis while trying his hardest to mitigate collateral damage towards the last act.

In between these I'd throw in a Superman saving people montage to see how far he's come according to the citizens of Metropolis. And I'd throw in some cool ways Clark can use his powers in everyday **** like changing a tire as well as helping him do his job as a mild mannered reporter.

All is good in Metropolis, Clark is happy with Lois and Superman is still doing the odd rescue, cats out of trees, workers falling at construction sites, etc. But there's been no super villain activity since JL Part Two. He has constructed a Fortress of Solutide in the artic from pieces of Krytonian tech left behind (that Lex had used in BvS) in a cave in the artic aswell as some trinkets from his superheroics.

On a normal sunny day though there is incredibly bad weather, storms raging etc and Superman has to work as hard as ever saving people, be it because of falling from buildings, cars crashing etc. A portal opens only for a brief moment in Metropolis where the Black Zero had been sucked into the Phantom Zone in Man of Steel. Superman flies down towards it as it begins to suck material through and he holds himself infront of the portal but it closes suddenly. He then looks on the ground and a man is curled up shaking, he reaches down to see if the man is OK but is shocked when he sees that it's Professor Hamilton, he sees Superman and says "hes coming" and hands Superman the Kryptonian key that was left behind in the Black Zero in MOS. Then he collapses into unconsciousness.

We then cut to Star Labs, where Hamilton is been looked over by Doctors and Scientists. Superman remains there but is told to go home and they will update him on Hamilton's condition.

However, no one can contact Superman as he is at the FOS with Lois and the Kryptonian key, he can't get it to work as he hasn't quite set his system up properly. He has his robot working on the computer to fix it. He does however have a machine that alerts to any crimes or disasters. The alert goes off and he tells Lois that he will take her home, she says no chance she's coming to. They fly to Metropolis where another portal has opened, it's again sucking things in. Superman tells people to get back as its not safe, he walks towards it and he looks with his telescopic vision out comes flying FAORA who tackles Superman to the ground. The two battle in Metropolis and as they battle, Faora begins to sweat and she ends up collapsing in Superman's arms. He also takes her to Star Labs unsure of what is going on.

They put her in a room shackled down with Kryptonian metal under red sunlight. She awakens and Superman talks to her through a glass window. She calls him a coward for not facing her in person, he tries to talk her down and asks her how she got out of the Phantom Zone. She says she will only speak to General Zod, Superman tells her that Zod is dead. She demands to know how, he says that he killed him and that he regrets it. She goes crazy, Superman steps into the room, she attacks him but it's the attack of a weak person. She ends up collapsing into Superman in tears.

Later, Hamilton is resting (in the evening) he awakes, but he's not awake he seems more like a a man in a trance. He gets out of his bed, he talks to someone, who isn't there. He pulls out what looks like another Kryptonian key only this one has a three pronged symbol on it.

He finds what looks to be a control room, he can access it via a retina (guess someone forgot to take Hamilton off the access list). He enters the dark room as the lights come on, eh walks towards a main screen. He looks at the USB and the key he has, it won't fit but the key morphs as if it's a liquid metal into the right shape. The key uploads a virus on the screen as the three pronged triangle shape appears on all screens. It also appears in the room where was, Faora sees it through the glass and she looks afraid. Superman asks her how she escaped, she says that they need to leave this planet as its doomed. Suddenly a soldier comes to the head man in charge General (?) and says that Hamilton is in the control room. Superman leaves the room with Faora and goes to the control room, the doors won't open but he pulls it open with his bare hands. Hamilton turns around and says Brainiac is coming then collapses on the floor. As he does we see liquid metal crawl out of his ear and joins up with the key, it then scurries away.

Hamilton is again taken to rest, Superman returns to his fortress where his robot has finished up sorting the console. He enters his key and before him is Jor El, they have a little back and forth. He then asks Jor El who Brainiac is, Jor El's expression turns to dread as he tells Kal of the City of Kandor. We see a flashback to Krypton of the City been taken by Brainiac's drones, Zod and his army try to fight and save Kandor but the City is bottled up, Zod vows that Krypton will take Kandor back. Jor El tells in their research Brainiac had decimate the planets he had taken samples of. Kal asks if Brainiac destroyed Krypton but Jor El says no as he probably knew the planet was already doomed. Kal asks how to stop Brainiac and Jor El says he doesn't know.

Anyway I can't really write anymore detail than that but Hamilton's loading into the computer was the beacon to bring Brainiac. Superman must find the answer to stop Brainiac himself, Brainiac invades via his drones as his Skull ship nears Earth. He ends up getting Faora to help him fight Brainiac and his drones, she does end up helping protecting people including a moment where she saves a child who thanks her for saving her. A little tear slips out of Faora's eye in this moment. By the films end Superman fights Braimiac on his ship as they figure out (via Hamilton) how to open the portal back to the Phantom Zone. Superman is pushing Brainiac's ship into the Phantom Zone and Faora helps him. Superman is going to have go into the Zone but Faora blasts him off with her heat vision as she tells him to cherish his world. Faora and Brainiac's ship (with a beaten Brainiac on board) slip into the Zone as it closes in space. Superman watches on as we cut to a newspaper praising Superman and Faora for saving Earth. The film ends with Clark and Lois going out for lunch (or something else lighthearted).

Good pitch, one big issue though, Brainiac is a global threat, the JL has to be involved. Sending the rest of the JL off planet, leaving Superman alone as Earth's guardian would be too lazy and convenient, that's why the threat has to be local, Intergang or Metallo would fit nicely. And to make things tougher for Supes, his powers could be limited for a while as a result of his solar flare to defeat Darkseid (if he's the Justice League 1 villain), leaving him with just the ability to superjump, reduced superstrength and vulnerable skin to fight his enemies, forcing him to rely more on his wits before recovering 100%. With this, they could do a great Superman movie for 150 million, making it more profitable for WB while doing something fresh with the character.

Geoff Johns would be a great choice to write the script (I already told him on twitter), he loves Superman and has written good Superman stories in the comics, he would make a great team with Zack. Make it happen Warner! :woot:

I actually agree with you, I've now seen BvS (I wrote my idea way before it was out) and I've come to realise that in a Supeman solo he is much better taking on the likes of guts like Metallo, Parasite, etc.

I don't care how lazy it is, they should find a way to put the JL aside and let Superman take on villains on his own in his solo movies.

Assuming this is actually made with Cavill (and at all)

Think it would be best to end the Cavill era with the Legion of Superheroes introduction. Have Clark caught inside a machine that is split between the two era and not able to control when he jumps. Sort of sum up what Superman means to the future and such.

They need to stop making Superman films where he is saving everyone from himself. All the destruction in MoS was his fault, all the crap that went down in BvS was his fault... it's no wonder he hates being Superman in the Snyder-verse.

The destruction in MOS was Zod's fault, not Superman's. It was Zod who sent his troops to attack Smallville and he activated the world engine which destroyed most of Metropolis. Then, he forced Superman to fight him in a populated city and while Superman tried to take the fight to outer space, Zod wasn't having it and took the fight back to Metropolis.

As for the crap that happened in BvS, that was Lex Luthor's fault since he set off the bomb in Capitol Hill, set the fire in Africa, and created Doomsday and unleashed him upon the world. Superman doesn't hate being Superman, he just hates the idea that there are some people out there who hate and blame him for events that he didn't cause nor were they entirely his fault.

The destruction in MOS was Zod's fault, not Superman's. It was Zod who sent his troops to attack Smallville and he activated the world engine which destroyed most of Metropolis. Then, he forced Superman to fight him in a populated city and while Superman tried to take the fight to outer space, Zod wasn't having it and took the fight back to Metropolis.

As for the crap that happened in BvS, that was Lex Luthor's fault since he set off the bomb in Capitol Hill, set the fire in Africa, and created Doomsday and unleashed him upon the world. Superman doesn't hate being Superman, he just hates the idea that there are some people out there who hate and blame him for events that he didn't cause nor were they entirely his fault.

Well said.

I'd like to see the next Superman movie introduce Brainiac, which can tie back to kryptonians. I'm not saying that Brainiac has to be the scout ship, a kryptonian computer or Coluan. Either is fine with me. I just want to revisit his heritage, which may even build into the second Justice League movie.

I like this a lot :up:. I thought you may be going for Ruin at first but Brainiac makes more sense.

I'm a little torn on whether it was a good idea to do Superman's death this early. From the storyline, I think it's great to take Supes from an outsider afraid of revealing himself to Superman who is conflicted about his purpose and very divisive among humans to him making the ultimate sacrifice. And I like the idea of Batman being inspired by that and having to Seven Samurai the Justice League.

But, also it's so early, I feel it could have made more of an impact with the audience with further character development. Ideally for me, BvS would have been expanded and MoS/BvS made into a trilogy leading into JL, focusing on Supe's relationship to humanity, or at least saved the Death until Justice League.

That way, they could have had a little bit of World Without Superman in a meaningful way, and given us a full movie with the Return storyline, featuring the Four Supermen, which could have ended with Green Lantern's introduction, in the same way he helps battle Cyborg Superman at the end of Return. I feel like John Henry Irons' storyline would be really good, another African American role model character, that focuses on real life issues like street gang violence

Instead of Darkseid, Clark and Kara vs Brainiac.

[YT]MRsRlynQevA[/YT]
[YT]WcAOYxccpE0[/YT]
[YT]EbINsrfshyw[/YT]

I like Man of Tomorrow as a title because it fits thematically with Jor-El's monologue about humanity joining Superman in the sun.

Superman shows us what we can be and all that jazz.

Backdrop/setting: Metropolis, Lois and Clark are getting ready for their wedding. Brainiac "shrinks" Metropolis (or a less campy variation of shrinking like a personal Phantom Zone) putting the rest of the Justice League on the bench.

Antagonist(s): Intergang and Bruno Mannheim as starter villains so that we can see Clark use his Kryptonian powers to get the scoop and put away the bad guys through his articles at the Daily Planet. I want it to be shown that Clark prefers non-violent methods to stopping crime before resorting to Superman. Later things escalate with the arrival of Brainiac. He's come to Earth looking for Kryptonian relics and instead he finds the Last Kryptonian(s) (if Powergirl is flying around by then) and wants to add him to his "collection".

Last edited:
I'm open to pretty much anything. I wouldn't mind Metallo if he's mixed with someone else.
Brainiac is still up there for me. But he's not a must for me like he was before.

They should take advantage of the fact that we don't have to go through the origin. Or the Death of Superman storyline. Use those two hours wisely. Focus on Superman. Clark and Lois as reporters.

There are so many opportunities for a great movie.

They need to establish this hopeful, confident superman. So I don't want them to add supergirl. It needs to be his story. They can have a cameo of another JL member, but that's about it

They need to establish this hopeful, confident superman. So I don't want them to add supergirl. It needs to be his story. They can have a cameo of another JL member, but that's about it

Justice League

We don't know how big a role he'll play in JL. We need superman to have his own solo where we see clark & superman doing superman things. Not just a fight scene in JL and them boom drop in supergirl in superman and it becomes a story that puts a lot of focus on this new character.

If superman is truly important to WB, MOS2 will be his solo film w/o supergirl. We don't need her in it at all

I want Brainiac, but whatever his plan entails, I don't want it to result in some sort of a giant light beam shooting up into the sky and causing debris to fly around in the are. Already got that with MOS and SS... I never need to see it again.

I want Brainiac, but whatever his plan entails, I don't want it to result in some sort of a giant light beam shooting up into the sky and causing debris to fly around in the are. Already got that with MOS and SS... I never need to see it again.

Yeah, more Phantom Zone from the beginning of MoS less floaty garbage light show. I agree. And set it during the day.

Superman-vs-press-Batman-v-Superman-400x240.jpg

Speak your mind Superman. Speak your mind. Answer the tough questions. Announce yourself. Reveal Superman to the world.

We don't know how big a role he'll play in JL. We need superman to have his own solo where we see clark & superman doing superman things. Not just a fight scene in JL and them boom drop in supergirl in superman and it becomes a story that puts a lot of focus on this new character.

If superman is truly important to WB, MOS2 will be his solo film w/o supergirl. We don't need her in it at all

Agreed. Keep her away from his sequel.

Yeah, more Phantom Zone from the beginning of MoS less floaty garbage light show. I agree. And set it during the day.

This x 1,000. I don't know why, but unless it's Batman or Daredevil, I want all major special effects-laden action set pieces in superhero films to take place in the daytime. ESPECIALLY if Superman is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"