Ideas for Man of Steel 2

I don't ever want Mxyzptlk to be the villain in a live action Superman movie, he's fine for TV and animated stuff but keep him away from the films.

I don't ever want Mxyzptlk to be the villain in a live action Superman movie, he's fine for TV and animated stuff but keep him away from the films.

My bad.i mixed him up with Lord Vyndtyx.Hes far scarier than Myxylltp.Devil incarnate

Some basic elements that I'm looking for in MOS 2 is bringing back the Clark Kent persona, A Superman who embraces his role as a hero, a villain we never seen before onscreen, and an earth-based story overall with Lois and Clark teaming up as investigating reporters.

Heres my plot ideas for a variety of Superman movies:

Superman:The Star Games
The Earth is about to explode.To save the Planet Superman participates in a Cosmic game run by an allpowerful IMP-Lord Vyndtyx. If he completes 10 trials,he wins the game and the IMP heals the planet.If he looses,The IMP gets his soul and the earth is destroyed.The game is televised to the all of the earth and humanity watches Superman fight for their survival.

Adding to this,I have the idea of having the 10 trials be based off the Labours of Superman we have in the *ALL STAR SUPERMAN*comic.More Allstar Superman is welcome.

I'm coming more and more round to the idea that you don't need the next Superman film to be a huge mega blockbuster. By that I don't mean scrimp on action but maybe have Suprrman go to War World or even adapt the Main Man story from STAS or something. You can save money on budget on locations and stuff if you do that too. We don't necessarily have to have Superman saving the world from a huge alien threat.

I'm coming more and more round to the idea that you don't need the next Superman film to be a huge mega blockbuster. By that I don't mean scrimp on action but maybe have Suprrman go to War World or even adapt the Main Man story from STAS or something. You can save money on budget on locations and stuff if you do that too. We don't necessarily have to have Superman saving the world from a huge alien threat.

Superman Warworld is a tempting idea for a Lot of Reasons.Offworld Awesomeness with no need to explain the Lack of the Justice League.

Although it does mean less Daily planet Clark and Thor Ragnarok comparisons

Superman Warworld is a tempting idea for a Lot of Reasons.Offworld Awesomeness with no need to explain the Lack of the Justice League.

Although it does mean less Daily planet Clark and Thor Ragnarok comparisons

Yeah that's true but the movies have already done some of the same ideas as each other already.

I agree but I wish Superman 3 would have used the original script, which featured him, Brainiac and Supergirl. It might have still sucked but at least it wouldn't have turned the film into a Richard Pryor slapstick comedy. And Dudley Moore as Mxyzptlk would have been perfect casting.

Heres my plot ideas for a variety of Superman movies:

Superman:The Star Games
The Earth is about to explode.To save the Planet Superman participates in a Cosmic game run by an allpowerful IMP-Lord Vyndtyx. If he completes 10 trials,he wins the game and the IMP heals the planet.If he looses,The IMP gets his soul and the earth is destroyed.The game is televised to the all of the earth and humanity watches Superman fight for their survival.

Superman:King of Heroes
There's been a sudden rise in the Metahuman Population. Young people who mysteriously developed powers.The Government wants them dead,The evil AI known as Braniac wants them as pawns.But Superman fights to protect them,and teaches them to use their powers for good.His dream to create a Legion of Superheroes.

Superman: Dark Empire
Lex has done the impossible.Hes conquered most of the Free world save America.Hes captured all the Heroes save Superman.Superman must now Lead the entire nation of America in war of Freedom against Lex's Tyranny

I think the first two ideas are the best choices for MOS2.MOS3 can be Superman: Dark Empire

Star Games for MOS2 and for MOS3 go with Dark Empire

Star Games for MOS2 and for MOS3 go with Dark Empire
Thanks.Partial to Stargames for MOS2 myself.Great oppurtunity to put in the 12 labours of Superman from the Allstar superman comic.

Although im tryong to think how to insert Dailyplanet Clark to the plot.

By the way,What do you think of my Superman:King of heroes idea?

Thanks.Partial to Stargames for MOS2 myself.Great oppurtunity to put in the 12 labours of Superman from the Allstar superman comic.

Although im tryong to think how to insert Dailyplanet Clark to the plot.

By the way,What do you think of my Superman:King of heroes idea?

Superman: King of Heroes actually works much better as a Man of Steel 2 sequel now that I think about it and Superman 3 I would go with Star Games instead

And in MOS2 you could tease Supergirl

Superman: King of Heroes actually works much better as a Man of Steel 2 sequel now that I think about it and Superman 3 I would go with Star Games instead

And in MOS2 you could tease Supergirl

Hmm.I can see your piont. King of Heroes has Superman training the younger generation of heroes showing him giving them an Ideal to strive towards like Jorel prophesied.Plus you can easily slot in a daily planet plot.

Challenge though is if you have Superman train an army of heroes you have to come up with a reason they cant help a lot in the Justice League movies.

But yeah I see why youd choose King of Heroes.Thanks for the Input:cwink:
I view Superman:Star games as a DCEU version of the Allstar Superman comic with a little of Superman: Warworld thrown in

I view Superman:King of Heroes as a DCEU version of Kingdom Come.

I view Superman:Dark Empire as the DCEU version of Red Son

Plus why would want to see Star Games in a Superman film? Because in some ways it would have a Thor Ragnarok type vibe to it but at the same time it would have a Hercules vibe also considering Superman would have trials to go through just like how Hercules had to in Greek mythology

Plus why would want to see Star Games in a Superman film? Because in some ways it would have a Thor Ragnarok type vibe to it but at the same time it would have a Hercules vibe also considering Superman would have trials to go through just like how Hercules had to in Greek mythology

Well the key difference is that Superman is taking Trials,whilst Thor is participating in a Gladiotaral tournament. Supermans Trials wont be simple one on one Battles but a variety of Tests.

I was thinking of basing the Trials on the 12 Labours of Superman we have in All star Superman.Just imagine in one Trial we have him fighting the Chronovore,Another Trial he Liberates Kandor and then Another Trial he defeats Solaris and then another Trail, He creates an Artificial Heart for the Sun ,......so many Awesome all star Superman Moments.

So whilst Thor Ragnarok would remind us of Maximus,Superman Star games will remind us of Hercules

Well the key difference is that Superman is taking Trials,whilst Thor is participating in a Gladiotaral tournament. Supermans Trials wont be simple one on one Battles but a variety of Tests.

I was thinking of basing the Trials on the 12 Labours of Superman we have in All star Superman.Just imagine in one Trial we have him fighting the Chronovore,Another Trial he Liberates Kandor and then Another Trial he defeats Solaris and then another Trail, He creates an Artificial Heart for the Sun ,......so many Awesome all star Superman Moments.

So whilst Thor Ragnarok would remind us of Maximus,Superman Star games will remind us of Hercules

Yes it would and it would make a Superman film worth watching

Even though I just finished reading Superman: Braniac by Geoff Johns and already watched Superman: Unbound (which is based off the former), I really think this storyline could be a good basis for a sequel. The main points I'd take from this is

1. Kara Zor-El coming to Earth while still trying to overcome the trauma of losing her parents on Krypton. Yes I know it would retcon the tie in book for MOS but oh well....

2. Kandor and It's inhabitants are contained in a "bottle" by Braniac and his desire to collect knowledge and gain strength from several advanced planets and their technologies/histories

3. As a product of Braniac's above conquest, he's now targeted Earth because he wants to "collect" Superman and Kara

A couple other things I'd like to do with this is....If an explanation for Clark kent being alive again isn't handled or touched on when Supes shows up in the Justice League movie

1. I'd have it established via Flashback that, due to no one seeing Clark's body when he passed away, during the Doomsday fight he ended up stranded and temporarily lost his memories but once he got his memories back the first person he called was either Lana Lang or Lois Lane where he stayed at their place until he recovered. Not without giving Perry a call regarding his whereabouts.

This is an idea I got from an episode of Superman: The Animated Series in an episode where Lois and everyone thought Clark had died during an accident and for a while Superman had to go along with it until he got Lana Lang to help him come up with an alibi.

2. Maybe have this story take place a couple years after the Justice League movie so a new "status quo" can be established without dwelling too much on the events of MOS or BVS. Along with Kara being somewhat adjusted to living on Earth as a high school girl.

3. I'd also like for Superman to discover that along with Kandor being in Braniac's ship, Eisenlex's father, Alexei "Lex" Luthor has also been held hostage on that ship and the movie would end with a post credits scene of Lex meeting Eisenlex in Arkham Asylum to let him know he's fired from Lexcorp and being briefly interviewed by Lois Lane regarding his plans for LexCorp now that he's back in charge.

What do you guys think?

Even though I just finished reading Superman: Braniac by Geoff Johns and already watched Superman: Unbound (which is based off the former), I really think this storyline could be a good basis for a sequel. The main points I'd take from this is

1. Kara Zor-El coming to Earth while still trying to overcome the trauma of losing her parents on Krypton. Yes I know it would retcon the tie in book for MOS but oh well....

2. Kandor and It's inhabitants are contained in a "bottle" by Braniac and his desire to collect knowledge and gain strength from several advanced planets and their technologies/histories

3. As a product of Braniac's above conquest, he's now targeted Earth because he wants to "collect" Superman and Kara

A couple other things I'd like to do with this is....If an explanation for Clark kent being alive again isn't handled or touched on when Supes shows up in the Justice League movie

1. I'd have it established via Flashback that, due to no one seeing Clark's body when he passed away, during the Doomsday fight he ended up stranded and temporarily lost his memories but once he got his memories back the first person he called was either Lana Lang or Lois Lane where he stayed at their place until he recovered. Not without giving Perry a call regarding his whereabouts.

This is an idea I got from an episode of Superman: The Animated Series in an episode where Lois and everyone thought Clark had died during an accident and for a while Superman had to go along with it until he got Lana Lang to help him come up with an alibi.

2. Maybe have this story take place a couple years after the Justice League movie so a new "status quo" can be established without dwelling too much on the events of MOS or BVS. Along with Kara being somewhat adjusted to living on Earth as a high school girl.

3. I'd also like for Superman to discover that along with Kandor being in Braniac's ship, Eisenlex's father, Alexei "Lex" Luthor has also been held hostage on that ship and the movie would end with a post credits scene of Lex meeting Eisenlex in Arkham Asylum to let him know he's fired from Lexcorp and being briefly interviewed by Lois Lane regarding his plans for LexCorp now that he's back in charge.

What do you guys think?

Actually the tie in book could easily still be canon. Just like the world we live in I'm sure names are reused.

I will say this though I'd actually use the tie in book and have it so she's frozen in ice when she's discovered. You can still have the whole history with the parents stuff, maybe Brainiac stole Kandor centuries before Krypton exploded. The Kandor on Krypton in Man of Steel could have been a Kandor rebuilt.

Regarding Clark's body it was seen in his child hood home in the open casket. I do think they could go with an idea that he did it to go deep under cover. I like your idea of skipping ahead 1-2 after after BvS. I honestly think if they do that just explain his return in a quick sentence about having a friend (Bruce) with the right connections.

Lex Snr is dead and should stay dead. Just develop Eisenberg's Lex.

Last edited:

What do you guys think?

I liked Geoff Johns' "Brainiac" storyline but was underwhelmed by the "Unbound" animated movie. I don't know know why, but the movie left me cold. Perhaps because in the comic story it felt more personal, had a bit more heart.

The problem with Brainiac coming to Earth to collect Kal and Kara is it is yet another villain wreaking havoc on Earth because of the presence of Superman/Supergirl. This happened with Zod in MOS, and the people of Earth suffered because a villain was looking for Superman or was led to Earth by Superman.

I liked how Brainiac was depicted in the New 52 where it is an alien scientist who sends his consciousness throughout the universe using robots and sending its A.I. tech to different planets and on Earth it is the Internet. This allows Brainiac to have control over Earth. Metallo is also possessed by this A.I. and the A.I. also helps Lex Luthor. Johns' Brainiac story was good but it can get more complex. Brainiac can really affect life on Earth not just by sending robots and stealing cities but by affecting all the tech, all the computers that humans use and rely on.

I don't know if i want to see Supergirl in the next movie. It could be hard to introduce her and might take up time that should be focused on Superman. Unless they do go with the prequel comic. Another way could be that she could be living in the bottle city of Kandor on Brainiac's ship. Her appearance could be saved for the third movie, though, where it can be about not just her but many Kryptonians on Earth.

Re: Clark's death in BvS. It is tricky that Clark died the same time as Superman, then could suddenly return around the same time Superman does as well. But I guess it could be easily explained that he was missing and lost his memory, as you said. I don't think they should or need to dwell on the explanation too much. Perry White doesn't even seem like he cares whether Superman and Clark are the same person.

Last edited:

What do you guys think?

Perfect set up for a Superman sequel

I will say this though I'd actually use the tie in book and have it so she's frozen in ice when she's discovered. You can still have the whole history with the parents stuff, maybe Brainiac stole Kandor centuries before Krypton exploded. The Kandor on Krypton in Man of Steel could have been a Kandor rebuilt.

Lex Snr is dead and should stay dead. Just develop Eisenberg's Lex.

I agree that we should keep Eisenberg's Lex. They can always make him more the "classic" Lex as he gets older and "matures". Just calm him down and make him more quietly methodical etc. They can still keep him disturbed as he was (or more than he was) in BvS.

I wonder if they will bother going with the prequel comics storyline for Supergirl. They're not bound to it. But it is an option.

I wonder if he would consider clubbing up for the role? I like lex when he's more fat and mafia boss ish

I wonder if he would consider clubbing up for the role? I like lex when he's more fat and mafia boss ish

Hmm...That was an interesting Lex. I don't know if Eisenberg could, though. But he could have some of those traits.

I think Eisenberg could become more like in the animated shows, more slick and suave. Though Eisenberg seems inherently awkward. He could play that down though and just be more calm, confident and cocky. Lex as a powerful and influential guy wouldn't have to be flailing about the place to get what he wants.

I agree that we should keep Eisenberg's Lex. They can always make him more the "classic" Lex as he gets older and "matures". Just calm him down and make him more quietly methodical etc. They can still keep him disturbed as he was (or more than he was) in BvS.

I wonder if they will bother going with the prequel comics storyline for Supergirl. They're not bound to it. But it is an option.

Yeah that's what I think. They can always give an in film "public explanation" saying the Kryptonite or something was effecting his mind. It has been rumoured Lex will get out of Arkham and trick the public.

Yeah it's open to them cause end of the day the only people that read that were fans like us not people off the street.

Yeah that's what I think. They can always give an in film "public explanation" saying the Kryptonite or something was effecting his mind. It has been rumoured Lex will get out of Arkham and trick the public.

True and Lex did spend a lot of time in the Kryptonian scout ship using the tech to gain vast alien knowledge and communicating with Steppenwolf and Apokolips. So that could do something to his mind and personality over time.

True and Lex did spend a lot of time in the Kryptonian scout ship using the tech to gain vast alien knowledge and communicating with Steppenwolf and Apokolips. So that could do something to his mind and personality over time.

Yeah, also I think they will say that time in Arkham has changed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"