Ideas for Man of Steel 2

On the other hand, if Warner Bros is incapable of interesting audiences in an Earthbound Superman film, why not allow him to venture where few of his fellow metahumans would be able to follow? The new film could see Kal-El journeying into space on a cosmic mission neatly explaining why his fellow Justice Leaguers are no longer around. A big-screen riff on the famous story of Brainiac and Kandor might seem far-fetched but would at least give us the Silver Age-inspired Superman movie that no filmmaker has yet dared to make. It would be something new even if audiences might think the idea of shrinking Kryptonian cities along with their entire populations a little hokey and far-fetched.

Man of Steel 2: Hope Lives

The synopsis
Lex Luthor, together with Brainiac has created the most vicious plan to destroy Superman emotionally and physically. Worse, General Sam, blinded with his hatred against alien, has gathered the armed forces to combat with Superman regardless of the truth. However, Superman has found himself. He inspires the people to see the betterment of themselves. They race behind him and join him to defeat the devils and accomplish wonders.

Man of Steel 2: Hope Lives

The synopsis
Lex Luthor, together with Brainiac has created the most vicious plan to destroy Superman emotionally and physically. Worse, General Sam, blinded with his hatred against alien, has gathered the armed forces to combat with Superman regardless of the truth. However, Superman has found himself. He inspires the people to see the betterment of themselves. They race behind him and join him to defeat the devils and accomplish wonders.

Mid credits scene would be another Kryptonian ship found on Earth and in it the body of another Kryptonian is found. A female. Kara Zor El/Supergirl is found.

Post credit scene would be building towards another DCEU franchise.

Mid credits scene would be another Kryptonian ship found on Earth and in it the body of another Kryptonian is found. A female. Kara Zor El/Supergirl is found.

Post credit scene would be building towards another DCEU franchise.

you can save the mid credits scene, because Supergirl is in my story. :)

and the post credit scene is Green Lantern

he has pursuing after Brainiac and has managed to track their trail and reach the planet Earth.

Supergirl showing up in a Superman sequel would be the perfect way to restore faith within the Superman franchise but also in the whole DCEU as a whole

She would be new to the DCEU but at the same time she would be familiar to all of us DC fans though

However, introducing her in MOS2 would be the perfect way to go:

- Mid credits could be of whoever...explorers or any kind of people on an expedition finding something in the ice and it could be of them finding her Kryptonian ship by extension finding her

- Or if you want her on the post credit scene then you could also do that but then you could have them thaw her out...she opens her eyes waking up

- No I would keep her on mid credits and then post-credits could be Hal Jordan or John Stewart finding the Green Lantern ring and talking to Abin Sur

Yeah, I've wondered if/when Kara is introduced into the DCEU, it's done through either the ship or perhaps she, maybe like Barry, has been around for awhile but just kept a relatively low profile. Like maybe we just get Kara as a civilian and just get a hint that hey, this person's got powers.

Yeah, I've wondered if/when Kara is introduced into the DCEU, it's done through either the ship or perhaps she, maybe like Barry, has been around for awhile but just kept a relatively low profile. Like maybe we just get Kara as a civilian and just get a hint that hey, this person's got powers.

Through the ship would probably be the best way to go

Don't make Man of Steel 2 would be my suggestion. Relegate Superman to the Hawkeye/Blackwidow Position of character support.

Don't make Man of Steel 2 would be my suggestion. Relegate Superman to the Hawkeye/Blackwidow Position of character support.

I've seen that suggested before. Thing is I could see Cavill walking if they did that.

It’s a sad day when we’re now comparing Superman to Hawkeye and Black Widow... at that point, why even include him at all? Why not just retire the character if he’s that insignificant?

It’s a sad day when we’re now comparing Superman to Hawkeye and Black Widow... at that point, why even include him at all? Why not just retire the character if he’s that insignificant?

he's not insignificant. he's just cinematically un-viable as a lead character. He'll work well as a mentor to younger leaguers

Or you could have Green Arrow and Black Canary as the Hawkeye/Black Widow support of the DCEU

he's not insignificant. he's just cinematically un-viable as a lead character. He'll work well as a mentor to younger leaguers

Why do you think that? I don’t think that’s true at all, and I think there are a lot of reasons why he hasn’t worked on screen, one of which are that he’s constantly forced into an ordinary, real-world environment in which he is the only superhero. He hasn’t been written that way in a long, long time, and therefore it just doesn’t suit the character and it forces writers to try to do something risky with him. He is meant for a grounded but fantastical environment with lots of other heroes and sci-fi threats and all the other sorts of things. That’s how he’s been written across comic books, that’s where he’s found success. He can most certainly be viable as a lead character. They just need to move beyond the 1970s.

That said, I certainly agree that he’d probably work better with another hero.

At this point , I think WB needs to get past this team up stuff and have these heroes stand on their own and build their own universes and supporting casts.

Superman making a brief guest appearance in another heroes film is fine , but he should have his own film as well as opposed to just relegating him to cameos and team up films.

If not , the question is why bother having him at all?

Yeah of course the heroes can stand on their own and have their own universes built but if they are ever going to compete with Marvel on the basis of a solid foundation then yeah team ups are necessary hell it is essential

Team-ups/crossovers are great if they're done well. They work best if the heroes have first had some serious world-building of their own (backstory, supporting characters, etc). Once that groundwork's been done then go for the team-ups/crossovers. It has more impact that way. And I'm certainly not saying that because Marvel did it; Marvel did it because it was the better way.

Yeah of course the heroes can stand on their own and have their own universes built but if they are ever going to compete with Marvel on the basis of a solid foundation then yeah team ups are necessary hell it is essential

The thing that Marvel and DC fans tend to miss about the Marvel model was that Feige and co put the characters and their supporting casts first and team ups and crossovers as a second. They understand that building a CU is about building strong characters and building up those characters support cast first so you actually cared about everyone when they team up.

Marvel succeeds because the individual films and characters are good with or without team ups. And the goal shouldn't be to compete with Marvel if its about playing catch up or having as many team up films as possible.

The goal should be to compete with Marvel in quality. The foundation , like it or not , is already there for the DCEU. What audiences care about is a good story and focus on characters. That's why WW succeeded , and that's how future Flash , Batman, Aquaman, and Superman films will succeed.

Team-ups/crossovers are great if they're done well. They work best if the heroes have first had some serious world-building of their own (backstory, supporting characters, etc). Once that groundwork's been done then go for the team-ups/crossovers. It has more impact that way. And I'm certainly not saying that because Marvel did it; Marvel did it because it was the better way.

Totally agree. As comicbook fans we tend to want to everything from a character's myth's, shared universe crossovers, winks and knods etc all in one film.

The reality is the vast majority of the general audience don't read comics, and aren't invested in a lot of the lesser known characters. They connect with the characters when they see their friends, family, backstories etc. Once you've got them there ,you can put them in situations with other heroes that they care about and you'll get them wanting to see more.

Totally agree. As comicbook fans we tend to want to everything from a character's myth's, shared universe crossovers, winks and knods etc all in one film.

The reality is the vast majority of the general audience don't read comics, and aren't invested in a lot of the lesser known characters. They connect with the characters when they see their friends, family, backstories etc. Once you've got them there ,you can put them in situations with other heroes that they care about and you'll get them wanting to see more.

:up: :up: :up:

it's not the better way. just another way. You can do team up movies with little to no set up, ie xmen, guardians of the galaxy, deadpool 2

Why do you think that?

there are too many differing opinions on what and how Superman should be, and too many bigots holding those opinions. this is why the MCU has worked. Very few people have strong opinions about the characters they've used. And the one time they did something with a mildly popular character, the mandarin, it got ugly.

Why do you think that? I don’t think that’s true at all, and I think there are a lot of reasons why he hasn’t worked on screen, one of which are that he’s constantly forced into an ordinary, real-world environment in which he is the only superhero. He hasn’t been written that way in a long, long time, and therefore it just doesn’t suit the character and it forces writers to try to do something risky with him. He is meant for a grounded but fantastical environment with lots of other heroes and sci-fi threats and all the other sorts of things. That’s how he’s been written across comic books, that’s where he’s found success. He can most certainly be viable as a lead character. They just need to move beyond the 1970s.

That said, I certainly agree that he’d probably work better with another hero.

I think they should start with Metropolis in regards to all that stuff.

it's not the better way. just another way. You can do team up movies with little to no set up, ie xmen, guardians of the galaxy, deadpool 2

X-Men and GotG are teams first and foremost, not long established individual heroes brought together.

X-Men and GotG are teams first and foremost, not long established individual heroes brought together.

So? It's not like the Avengers aren't a long established team. It's not like each member of the X-men or GotG hasn't had individual adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"