Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Well, I don't know if you ever noticeed, but In Keatons' first Bat suit, both the boots and gauntlets had armor plating, and they weren't bulky looking at all.

A good number of fans (including myself) apparently agree with you. Something close to that would be great in a film. About the only negative I've seen is everyone says they should tone down the boots and gauntlets (too bulky) which I agree with.
And the ears.

I'm diggin some of these Nightwing designs:

nightwing_1_by_blacksataguni-d55vpqw.jpg

Nightwing-young-justice-30785699-900-747.jpg

nightwing_first_concept_by_ttproject-d63z1fa.png

tumblr_m8qourpnIb1qffe1lo1_500.gif

Also, as a reader of new 52, I finally understand the appeal of the blue costume.

It's an ok manip, and I can see where they're going with it, but that head is too big for that body. :hehe:

Wow, this (to me) would be perfect. Less technological-looking than TDK's, more animalistic, yet practical. A redesign of Batman's original look, for sure, but it still comes off as oddly faithful and completely familiar -- it screams Batman. Imagine the iconic imagery we could see with this look. I love the way the cape appears to be sliced. It's not completely symmetrical and his suit looks rugged.

I love this suit, however I would like to see this in the Sequel after Patient J and the Dead End suits.

The suit needs to be something that can take a few hits from metahumans. The new Batman lives in a world where people like The Flash etc are commonplace.

I definitely see black and grey in the wings. If Superman is the first and inspiration for the rest.... his contrasting colors and chest crest will be what makes the other heroes make sense in the world. Mimicking Superman would be instant credibility. Except, maybe, for Batman.

I still favor the CA manip above. It gives you a sense of there being kevlar body armor, but also echoes the New 52 and BTAS/JLU design. I say take that idea and run with it. The torso could be kevlar body armor and sew in such a way as to indicate pectorals and abs akin to the DCAU and Sprang look. The trick would be not making him look puffy.

Last edited:
Costume shoud look a little more gargoyle -ish. Knarly and bumpy like a crocodile or snake skin.

Last edited:
Dark Knight Returns skin. I always want those Batman arkham city figures when I see them.

The trunks aren't a problem in the comics but if Superman can't have his trunks, neither can Batman. Especially since the reboot will take place in the same universe as MOS.

I'd go with the grey suit, no trunks. It would be for the full purpose of establishing that this a different Batman.

The trunks aren't a problem in the comics but if Superman can't have his trunks, neither can Batman. Especially since the reboot will take place in the same universe as MOS.

But the new 52 sucks.

As long as they adhere to a few simple design decisions then I'm basically fine with whatever they come up with, but these are a must:

-NO trunks (in this DCU MoS set up, there are no trunks - deal with it)
-Armored look, sort of like the Nolan version, sort of like the New 52 version

If they do those two things, I'm fine letting designers imaginations run wild

As long as they adhere to a few simple design decisions then I'm basically fine with whatever they come up with, but these are a must:

-NO trunks (in this DCU MoS set up, there are no trunks - deal with it)
-Armored look, sort of like the Nolan version, sort of like the New 52 version

If they do those two things, I'm fine letting designers imaginations run wild

The trunk offer a break in the costume. It does expose the actor's under regions if the trunk is missing.

The trunk offer a break in the costume. It does expose the actor's under regions if the trunk is missing.

Not a big problem for Cavill and Andrew Garfield so it shouldn't be a big problem for Batman.

Have it look scary, crude, and almost unreal like this:

And let clayface be the villain n' ****.

Guantlets should appear as so.

deviantart.com
secondlife.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"