Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

Give me the Inc. suit onscreen, Oval and all.

If we see another clunky black rubber suit, I'll ****ing flip.

Undies or no undies? Hell if they can make it work I'm all for it.

I want a black and grey outfit that doesnt as much look like armor but armor with fabric on top of it. Basically how Batman looks in the older books, I'm cool with Batman having a full on armor look, but armor underneath with a durable fabric on top would be optimal imo

Captain America material. All dark grey body suit, black cape and cowl, dark gold belt. It's not that hard.

Undies or no undies? Hell if they can make it work I'm all for it.

I want a black and grey outfit that doesnt as much look like armor but armor with fabric on top of it. Basically how Batman looks in the older books, I'm cool with Batman having a full on armor look, but armor underneath with a durable fabric on top would be optimal imo

The fabric over the armour is too cheap looking and redundant. We all know he's perfectly capable creating the batsuit out of armour, so why the need for easily tearable material?

And as for the armour itself. No. If Batman is going to be wearing a grey costume, then that means he's going to rely more on efficiency with gagets and quickness than shadows and stealth...that was Bale anyways.

As suggested before, they can just as easily exaggerate the real life concept of bulletproof fabric...Obviously it would have to be padded, like Captain America's suit for example, it would give Bats a sleeker and different movie look, more comic accurate. The fabric would give more manoeuvrability, allowing a more fluid moving Batman, which would serve him better in quick and agile getaways, and serve us high octane fight scenes :D

arkham-city-costume-1.jpg

Batman just can't help himself when Sue Richards is in the room.

I still think material wise (and cowl wise) Arkham City has the best version of Batman. It's armor, but it isn't bulky. The tall ears are important for fear effect in the shadows as well as the cape.

Well... the armor isn't. Clearly Bats... and ever muscled character in Gotham, including Jim Gordon, have been hitting the juice.

Yeah, I really like the Arkham City costume. I think they should ditch the trunks, but other than that, it's flippin' perfect.

I'd actually like to see someone take a crack at the trunks.

Well... the armor isn't. Clearly Bats... and ever muscled character in Gotham, including Jim Gordon, have been hitting the juice.

What about the giant bulky gloves and boots?

bat_cave_theater_seating_1.jpg

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a cool new take on the blue and grey suit for the next series, especially if they go with a "lighter" tone. The way it looks in that picture above is cool. I really like how the Nolan-style chest symbol is all gold, a pretty cool interpretation instead of the oval. I think a look like that would be quite cool.

The image comes from a rendering of a Batcave-inspired home theater. More pictures of the suit here: http://www.elitehometheaterseating.com/#batcave

This looks a lot like the new 52 costume.

batmangreyedit.png

They should go for something like that next time.

Because it's the TDK/TDKR suit with a couple adjustments. I want something new.

The New 52 costume is based on those costumes, so yeah...

How about something like this, a recharge suit?

1218782-030.jpg

Just once, I want to see a Batman Movie where he doesn't run around in rubber and stuff that looks like armor plating. If we can have Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye fight off an alien invasion in Avengers, without armor, I think it should be possible for Batman too.

The New 52 costume is based on those costumes, so yeah...

How about something like this, a recharge suit?

1218782-030.jpg

I was talking about the manip, not the N52 outfit. And I think I'll pass on the recharge suit, too.

Last edited:
That's a little better. I just want something that's flexible, but looks like it can take a beating.

The very first design on the left, that's what I want them to look at when designing the Batman outfit. That's slight, not over done armor design, which also reminds me a bit of the Arkham suit, is what I want to see.

Okay, that looks cool as ****. Where's it from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"