Idris Elba is Bloodsport

Well, this is a surprise. It’s good casting, though I’m kinda hoping they got this story partially wrong and Elba is actually playing Deathstroke, since I like that character better. Regardless, it’s certainly a boon for this film.

It doesn’t explicitly say he’s playing Deadshor, just that he’s replacing Smith. So that could mean he’s replacing Smith as the lead, not replacing him in the role. We shall see.

I REALLY hope that they just mention in passing the the team from the first film are dead and just move on (if they care to mention them at all). Have Idris Elba play a new character.

It doesn’t explicitly say he’s playing Deadshor, just that he’s replacing Smith. So that could mean he’s replacing Smith as the lead, not replacing him in the role. We shall see.
Yea I'm hoping that's the case. I see no reason why the HAVE to have Deadshot in this. Idris could play Black Spider and he would provide a similar function.
I REALLY hope that they just mention in passing the the team from the first film are dead and just move on (if they care to mention them at all). Have Idris Elba play a new character.
I'm hoping Bronze Tiger or Black Spider. It would be kinda pointless to have Idris play Deadshot. He's a different performer, won't have the same delivery, and they'll permanently close the door on Will possibly returning.

Just say Deadshot is on a different mission or is in solitary confinement for bad behavior.

If he's not Deadshot, maybe he's Bronze Tiger?

I'm still hoping for Deathstroke. He would crush that role and hopefully we'd eventually get that Deathstroke spinoff directed by Gareth Evans.

I could see Elba as Bronze Tiger. Elba has a background in kickboxing that would come in handy for playing a martial artist.

'Suicide Squad 2' Exclusive: Meet the New Characters James Gunn Will Introduce in Sequel

With Idris Elba replacing Will Smith as Deadshot in The Suicide Squad. Meanwhile, sources say that the new Squad script positions Deadshot as a surrogate father of sorts to Ratcatcher, though the role remains open to actresses of all nationalities and ethnicities.

I've never heard of Ratcatcher or Polka-Dot Man before. All I remember about Peacemaker is thinking his mask was weird, lol.

Eh, stupid to recast. Idris is a good enough actor that he should be written as a new character to bring his own ideas, rather than try to mimic Smith.

I'm still hoping for Deathstroke. He would crush that role and hopefully we'd eventually get that Deathstroke spinoff directed by Gareth Evans.
If he was going to replace anyone, I'd rather it was Rick Flagg. Kinnomen was really weak imo. And the way they handled his relation ship with Enchantress was awful.

I’d prefer both Smith and Elba got higher profile roles.

If he was going to replace anyone, I'd rather it was Rick Flagg. Kinnomen was really weak imo. And the way they handled his relation ship with Enchantress was awful.

Yeah, I usually like Kinnaman, but I can't defend his performance in that awful movie.

I’d prefer both Smith and Elba got higher profile roles.
I'd be shocked it Idris agrees to replace Will as Deadshot. There big shoes to fill, he wouldn't want to deal with the scrutiny and comparison, and I don't think Gunn would want that either as he want's to put his pwn stamp on the film. The more I think about it the more I'm sure he's playing a new character.

Ugh... recasting in a pre-existing continuity is upsetting. Absolutely nothing against Idris Elba, I like him as an actor & I'm sure he'd make a fine Deadshot, but I'd honestly prefer that if Will Smith is unavailable to reprise the role, then just leave the character out of the film & bring Elba in, just as a different character.

I love that Idris is replacing Will but I wonder if this is a temporary or permanent casting choice now

LOL, you think Will is going to come back for part 3?

Is Idris going to shave his head?

I've never heard of Ratcatcher or Polka-Dot Man before. All I remember about Peacemaker is thinking his mask was weird, lol.

I only know Polka-Dot man as a Lego figure. Lol

Agree with a few on here I like Elba but not a big fan of recasting in a pre-existing continuity wish they would just give him another role.

Would much prefer they took on a new character like King Shark or Bronze Tiger.

Amazing actor,glad to hear he is gonna be in this.I think he is a major upgrade for the character but at the same time I would of liked him to be a new character for the movie.

I wonder if Gunn will bring back his daughter in this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"