Idris Elba is Bloodsport

I kinda hope he doesn't. I like amoral, death-wish Deadshot. I feel like there are many more interesting things you can do with that version of the character. But since the daughter has already been established, then they'll probably bring her back. I suppose we could get death wish Deadshot if they kill the daughter off, but I'd prefer they not follow that lazy trope. Maybe the film could be set a few years down the road and the daughter, knowing what her father does and is, has renounced him completely and that sends him down a darker path.

I kinda hope he doesn't. I like amoral, death-wish Deadshot. I feel like there are many more interesting things you can do with that version of the character. But since the daughter has already been established, then they'll probably bring her back. I suppose we could get death wish Deadshot if they kill the daughter off, but I'd prefer they not follow that lazy trope. Maybe the film could be set a few years down the road and the daughter, knowing what her father does and is, has renounced him completely and that sends him down a darker path.

That would make much more sense and it would be pretty damn awesome as a character arc for Floyd

‘The Suicide Squad’: Deadshot Removed from Sequel as Idris Elba Moves to New Character (EXCLUSIVE)

It is unknown what character Elba would now be playing, but after taking the last few weeks to discuss, everyone involved felt this was the right move. The team also did not want to feel as if it was disrespecting Smith, who helped bring this character to life for the first time, by replacing him with Elba. While many believe chances are still slim for a future return, the decision keeps the door open for Smith to possibly come back in future films, since his original reason for leaving had to do with scheduling and not creative differences.

Gotta be Bronze Tiger, right?

His new character will be... James Bond!

So bizarre.
With so many of the same faces coming back, I honestly would put good money on Elba never being intended for Deadshot in the first place. The Squad has an ever-shifting line-up, so they don't necessarily NEED Deadshot. The trades probably saw that Smith wouldn't be back, then saw Elba being eyed for the new male lead role and forged those two pieces of information in their minds.

I'll be curious to hear what Gunn has to say about it when the time comes.

Yeah I was wondering why they just didn't make him Bronze tiger

Good. Give Idris the chance to put his own stamp on a new character instead of interpreting someone else’s.

I'll laugh if he's Bronze Tiger and his costume is virtually identical to Black Panther's just with a different color scheme.

I'll laugh if he's Bronze Tiger and his costume is virtually identical to Black Panther's just with a different color scheme.
Didn't Michael Jai White portray Bronze Tiger in a couple of seasons of Arrow? I mean... why have two actors playing the same charac--yunno what? Nevermind. lol.

I guess a mod can change the title now :funny:

Didn’t a report come out saying that the movie focuses mostly on Deadshot? Strange.

Anyway, I don’t really know Bronze Tiger that much so I’m hoping he’s Deathstroke.

I am glad I’m not the only one who thought of Bronze Tiger because he’s the next most obvious choice.

Didn’t a report come out saying that the movie focuses mostly on Deadshot? Strange.

Anyway, I don’t really know Bronze Tiger that much so I’m hoping he’s Deathstroke.

Came here to say this, but you beat me to it Deck :yay:

I’m sure they’ll completely ignore Justice League going forward - and no one will care about Manganiello - so having Idris play Slade makes the most sense. He’d suit the part down to the ground, and Deathstroke would get a deserved amount of exposure, which could lead to solo movies, or an appearance in Batman.

Idris is ****ing money. They need him in a part with breakout appeal. That’s Deathstroke.

Came here to say this, but you beat me to it Deck :yay:

I’m sure they’ll completely ignore Justice League going forward - and no one will care about Manganiello - so having Idris play Slade makes the most sense. He’d suit the part down to the ground, and Deathstroke would get a deserved amount of exposure, which could lead to solo movies, or an appearance in Batman.

Idris is ****ing money. They need him in a part with breakout appeal. That’s Deathstroke.

Yeah. Especially if they were originally going to use Deadshot and had cast him in that role. Deathstroke would be The obvious character to switch him to, given some of the similarities.

Yeah. Especially if they were originally going to use Deadshot and had cast him in that role. Deathstroke would be The obvious character to switch him to, given some of the similarities.

Also, it’d be some great banter on Twitter with Ryan Reynolds :up:

I was thinking like the tag line DC found its black panther - Bronze Tiger with Idris

I was thinking like the tag line DC found its black panther - Bronze Tiger with Idris

I would love it if the whole time he doesn't reveal who he is, keeps his cards to his chest - trailers reveal nothing, he's a bit of a renegade and likeable, then post credits he pulls out a green ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"