Idris Elba is Bloodsport

Thank goodness, as I said earlier in the thread when the news of him being cast in the film, nothing against Idris Elba, but I hate re-casting of characters in pre-existing universes. I had read that I believe it was James Gunn said that this isn't a sequel.. but still has Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney & pretty much every one other than Will Smith (allegedly only due to schedule conflicts) reprising their roles.. so yeah, baloney.

I'm also glad because it leaves the door open for Will Smith to reprise the role sometime down the line.

I hope he is playing Bronze Tiger and Deathstroke isn't even in this movie.

Thank goodness, as I said earlier in the thread when the news of him being cast in the film, nothing against Idris Elba, but I hate re-casting of characters in pre-existing universes. I had read that I believe it was James Gunn said that this isn't a sequel.. but still has Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney & pretty much every one other than Will Smith (allegedly only due to schedule conflicts) reprising their roles.. so yeah, baloney.

I'm also glad because it leaves the door open for Will Smith to reprise the role sometime down the line.

100% with you on this.

100% with you on this.
me three, it takes me out of continuity, esp when i personally care/invested in the characters, silly to some i know.

I was willing to give Elba the benefit of the doubt just because I like him so much but agree this is much better than a recast.

Bronze Tiger or for some reason I think he'd make a good fit as Wild-Cat ( Elba is huge martial arts fan training in Kickboxing & Muay Thai)

Martial artist Ben (Bronze Tiger) Turner seems like a good fit for Elba

batman-spars-with-bronze-tiger.jpg

If he's playing Bronze Tiger, I hope to God they don't having him running around in a tiger mask. That looks stupid enough in the comic books; I can't imagine it looking good on film.

If he's playing Bronze Tiger, I hope to God they don't having him running around in a tiger mask. That looks stupid enough in the comic books; I can't imagine it looking good on film.
Also don't do the CW version where he's just wearing a bronze leather jacket and uses wolverine claws.
arrow-202-react.jpg

Also don't do the CW version where he's just wearing a bronze leather jacket and uses wolverine claws.
arrow-202-react.jpg

Agreed, that was weak too. Also, Michael Jai White, who I usually really like, was terrible in that role.

I personally think he is the leader of the Squad and will bring an emotional and powerful presence.

Can't wait to see what Idris does with the role.

Never heard of this character before but I’m sure Idris will be great.

Did he shoot Henry Cavill's Superman offscreen or was the panel talking about what the character has done in the comics?

Did he shoot Henry Cavill's Superman offscreen or was the panel talking about what the character has done in the comics?
They were referencing what the character did in Comics.

It's very evocative of the Xenomorph.

Love what I’m seeing from him in this. That exchange with Polka Dot Man had me dying.

Martial artist Ben (Bronze Tiger) Turner seems like a good fit for Elba
batman-spars-with-bronze-tiger.jpg

Hum, positioning is kinda wonky, but in that pickup and throw, if Batman had just locked his legs around his arm, I think he could have caught Bronze Tiger in a kind of crucifix-like hold on the ground which is rather difficult to escape. I have seen better fighters than me tap instantly from those. In one of the earlier UFCs Big Daddly Goodridge did a horrible number on a wrestler from a similar position. BT should have been drawn with a looser arm there so that he could slip it off after doing the toss.

goodherr.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"