If Batman were to die...

DocLathropBrown

The Man with the Hat is Back
Reaction score
...which villain would you want to have the (dis)honor? Which villain deserves to do in the Bat? I came to this idea while watching the B:TAS episode: "Almost Got 'Im."

Personally, I think the only villain that has the right to vanquish our hero is the Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, it would be insulting if anyone else (Penguin, Riddler, etc...) managed to finish him off.

Thoughts?

IF?

I dunno......maybe Ra's? But really......none of them can pull it off.

It should be some unknown guy, that came out of nowhere and dressed like a wrestler. Nah, that would never work.

It would have to be The Joker. Considering the long history they have it would be the most meaningful.

I like how Alan Moore sumed it up that either Batman will kill the Joker or the Joker will kill Batman

Well, if you wanted it to be a really tragic ending, it would have to some random thug that got in a lucky shot. Kinda what started Batman also ends Batman.

Bathead said:
Well, if you wanted it to be a really tragic ending, it would have to some random thug that got in a lucky shot. Kinda what started Batman also ends Batman.

That I like. :up:

Still, if it came down to one last stand, it'd be the Joker, and I prefer to think they would both go down in one fell swoop.

I dunno......I just don't think the Joker would ever kill the Batman. He likes the cat and mouse game, I think he's pretty much like Batman...incapable of killing his arch nemesis.

Personally, I think it would be nice and ironic if Batman, who lived a life of danger and semi reckless heroism, lived into his 80s and died of a heart atack or something like that. Although, if The Joker ever did kill Batman, they could do a scene like this:

The Joker is standing over Batman's dead body, with a gun in his hand. He looks down at the gun. The metal feels cold and heavy, and leaves a slightly sickening taste in his mouth. Slowly, he raises the gun to his right temple.

"I killed Batman. What the hell could I do for an encore?"

He pulls the trigger, and falls over. He's dead before he hits the ground.

The Question said:
The Joker is standing over Batman's dead body, with a gun in his hand. He looks down at the gun. The metal feels cold and heavy, and leaves a slightly sickening taste in his mouth. Slowly, he raises the gun to his right temple.

"I killed Batman. What the hell could I do for an encore?"

He pulls the trigger, and falls over. He's dead before he hits the ground.

THAT'S even better! :)

Well, if Batman were set to die in continuity. It'd be written by Frank Miller and it wouldn't be any villains that kill him. It'd be Superman. Superman will kill Batman, but first Batman has to kick the **** out of Superman with intense prep time.

Robin would, be forced to kill him and this would lead to a future nightwing vs Robin

I would choose the Joker and I liked Questions scene suggestion. If Joker ever managed to kill Batman he wouldn't have any reason left to live.

I also liked the suggestion of a unknown thug getting in a lucky shot and then managing to disappear and not get caught for it.

Nightwing. Or Joker. Maybe a random thug would be good, but probably not.

Personally, I'de like to see if be Nightwing.

I dont think Batman should be killed until he has a suitable heir, perferrably a biological son. Perhaps after Son of the Demon comes into continuity, Bruce's son could come to live with him. Then when his son is in his teens, Bruce is killed by the Joker, and his son takes up the mantle after him. Of course, i'd rather this not happen for quite some time.

I kinda like the idea of Batman dying by the hands of some random thug.

Imagine Batman surviving half-dead another one of Ra's or Joker's killing attempts. And then when he thinks it's all over and he can call it a day some random thug comes along and finishes the job.

Katsuro said:
I dont think Batman should be killed until he has a suitable heir, perferrably a biological son. Perhaps after Son of the Demon comes into continuity, Bruce's son could come to live with him. Then when his son is in his teens, Bruce is killed by the Joker, and his son takes up the mantle after him. Of course, i'd rather this not happen for quite some time.

I think Nightwing has established himself as the perfect heir of Batman. Bruce has also adopted him so he's also his son. But as much as I would like to see Dick take over the mantle permanently, I don't think they should kill off Batman.

Some people have said Nightwing or Robin..but why would they kill Bruce? I mean what would be their motivation?

trustyside-kick said:
Some people have said Nightwing or Robin..but why would they kill Bruce? I mean what would be their motivation?

You should read DKSA, then hunt down Frank Miller and ask him...that is before kicking the crap out of him for dropping a load on years of comradery between Bruce and Dick

Jono87 said:
You should read DKSA, then hunt down Frank Miller and ask him...that is before kicking the crap out of him for dropping a load on years of comradery between Bruce and Dick

But that still would not be enought for Dick to want to KILL him. Bruce was like a father to him.

He is to poplaur to die but maybe and elseworld he could die???

I like The Question's idea a lot, but I like the random thug one even more. It should be some guy who got lucky

I'm sure he died somewhere in Elseworlds. There's certainly been enough Elseworlds stories for that to have happened. An excessive amount, created by writers too lazy to do their homework. Same cause for graphic novels and miniseries that could just as easily have happened in continuity.

Anyway, it has to be Joker. **** your tragic endings, if anyone kills Batman it has to be the Joker, and if anyone kills Superman it has to be Lex Luthor. And I guess if anyone kills Wonder Woman it has to be Dr. Psycho? Wasn't he one of her earliest enemies, or was that the other guy?

Dr Psycho was one of her earliest but if anyone kills her it should be Ares although Cheetah is her most "famous" villain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"